Just Ask Me Final

Royal Ice

 

Part 3

 

 

Yuri stayed at Taeyeons house the whole weekend to plan for Monday. Jessica wasn’t there as she was staying over at Tiffany’s instead.

 

Monday came and the three came to school together. Jessica and Yuri walked in front of Taeyeon hand-in-hand while the oldest was busy messaging someone.

 

Tiffany saw her best friend and was about to walk towards her when she saw Taeyeon behind them. She decided not to bother them and walked away.

 

Taeyeon saw her but didn’t go after her.

 

“Tae, are you ready?” Jessica asked.

 

Taeyeon nodded and smiled. She started dialing someone’s number on the phone and waited for an answer.

 

Hello?

 

“We start at lunch.”

 

“Okay,”

 

-

 

Tiffany and Jessica were on their way to the cafeteria when they heard murmurs. “Omo! Did you hear the news? Taeyeon’s going to confess to the girl she likes!”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, knowing fully that it was part of Yuri and Taeyeon’s plan. Couldn’t they get better actors? Even I wouldn’t believe them if I were Tiffany.

 

She looked at the person beside her. Tiffany’s eyes were wide and her jaw was dropped in shock. Her eyes were starting to water as the news sunk into her. Jessica could only sigh before pulling Tiffany into a comforting hug.

 

Tiffany cried. “You heard that right, Jess?”

 

Aish, so clueless. She nodded nonetheless. “It’s okay. Just cry and let it all out.”

 

When Tiffany finally calmed down, they continued walking to the cafeteria. Tiffany looked around, trying to find Taeyeon. She wanted to see who Taeyeon liked and if the girl would accept her.

 

Though it hurt, she knew she had to accept the reality that Taeyeon liked someone else and not her.

 

Amidst her thinking, she failed to notice Taeyeon walking past their table, winking at Jessica with a big smile on her face.

 

Jessica smiled back before turning her attention back to her friend who seem like she wasn’t mentally with her. She snapped her fingers in front of her best friend, finally getting the girl’s attention.

 

“Tiff, are you done? It’s almost time for our next class.”

 

Tiffany glanced at her watch and gasped. “Oh my! We have to go to class!” She stood up abruptly and grabbed her things before dragging Jessica out of the cafeteria.

 

They ran towards the room with Tiffany still dragging her best friend. “Yah! You don’t have to run! We still have ten minutes!”

 

Tiffany looked back at her friend but was still running. As she turned her gaze back to the front, all she saw was another figure closing in before hitting it hard, making her fall to the ground, bringing Jessica with her.

 

“Yah! I told you not to run! Now you even bumped into Taeng and managed to bring me down with you!” Jessica groaned as she scolded Tiffany while helping her up.

 

Taeyeon already stood up by herself. She then looked at the people in front of her with a smile. “Hey, no need to run. The professor said she’d be late,” she said before making her way towards the lockers.

 

Tiffany just stared at the retreating figure, not missing the bouquet of flowers the girl was holding behind her back.

 

Jessica discreetly gave Taeyeon a smile before pushing Tiffany inside their classroom.

 

Once inside, Jessica made her way to her girlfriend while Tiffany went to her seat and brought her head down the table. She was sad that Taeyeon was going to confess to someone else.

 

Minutes later, the professor came in and asked the students to get their workbooks to read a few pages. Tiffany wasn’t in the mood to read and be a good student at the moment, but still complied and opened her desk’s drawer to get the book anyway.

 

She grabbed her book and was about to close the drawer when something caught her eyes. She took it out and looked at it weirdly. She glanced around the classroom to see if anyone left it on her desk, but everyone was engrossed in reading.

 

She looked at it again. It was a bracelet with a beautiful design.

 

She decided to ask Jessica about it. “”Hey, Jess.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Do you know who put this here?” She showed her the bracelet.

 

Jessica shook her head. “No. I was with you the whole day, remember?”

 

Tiffany nodded and returned her attention to the bracelet, still wondering who it came from.

 

-

 

She entered the room for her next class and noticed something on her table.

 

Frowning, she made her way to it to see what it was.

 

“Hey, Tiff. What’s that?” Jessica asked when she saw Tiffany looking at something.

 

She shrugged. “I don’t know.” It was a box. She tried shaking the box figure out its contents.

 

“Open it.”

 

With that, she opened the box and emptied its contents on her table.

 

Sliding out were two rings, both with the same design as the bracelet she received earlier that day. There was also a note. She picked it up and read it.

 

I like you. Please wear one of the rings if you accept me.

 

Tiffany frowned. “How can I accept you when I don’t even know who you are?”

 

Jessica, who was watching from her seat, couldn’t help but roll her eyes. “This girl is so clueless.” Seriously!

 

-

 

Tiffany was flattered that at least someone took a liking on her but she was still sad that it wasn’t the person she wanted it to be.

 

“Aren’t you going to wear one of the rings?” Jessica asked as they made their way to their second to the last class for the day.

 

“Why will I? I don’t even know whom it came from, Jess.”

 

“That’s because you didn’t ask,” Jessica muttered.

 

She heard it and was about to say something when she saw Taeyeon talking to a girl near the lockers. She felt her heart shatter at the sight. She must be the lucky one. She sighed and took one last glance at them before following her best friend inside the classroom.

 

Again, she saw something on top of her table. She picked it up. It was another letter.

 

She read it out loud. “Why aren’t you wearing the ring, Tiffany? You don’t accept me? L”

 

She looked around the classroom, hoping to find the perpetrator, but everyone was busy doing his or her own thing.

 

“I can’t. I already love someone else.” But she loves someone else too. She placed the letter inside her bag together with the other letter and gifts.

 

“If only you were Taeyeon.” She sighed before resting her head on top of the table.

 

Jessica, who was sitting beside her, smirked to herself before sending a text to her girlfriend.

 

-

 

It was time for their last class and Tiffany was already expecting another letter or gift on her table.

 

She quickly went to her table where a pink teddy bear rested with a letter beside it. She looked at the bear and smiled before reading the letter.

 

What if I am? Will you accept me then?

 

“What?” She was totally confused. That person couldn’t have heard me earlier… right?

 

She looked around her classroom again but saw no one suspicious.

 

She shook her head and decided to just let it go.

 

-

 

Class finally ended and she went straight to her locker, hoping to go home early so she could escape the events that happened in school.

 

She opened her locker and almost instantly, a letter fell to her feet. She picked it up and read it.

 

Be mine?

 

“Aish. What’s wrong with this person?” she said then closed her locker only to be surprised by a person behind her locker’s door.

 

“Why aren’t you wearing the ring, Tiffany? You don’t accept me?” Taeyeon said with a smile. She then held up the bouquet of flowers Tiffany recognized as the flowers the shorter girl was holding when they bumped into each other earlier.

 

“T-t-taeyeon?”

 

“Mmhmm!” Taeyeon grinned.

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon in the eyes and Taeyeon did the same.

 

They were staring at each other for a few minutes before Taeyeon decided to speak up. “I like you, Tiffany.”

 

“I… uh…”

 

Taeyeon was still smiling. “I wanted you to ask me the last time but you said you weren’t interested.” She suddenly frowned.

 

Tiffany still wasn’t saying anything. She still couldn’t process what was happening. Taeyeon likes me? Me?

 

“Tiffany?”

 

“B-but… who’s the girl I saw you talking to earlier?”

 

“Girl? What girl?”

 

“Yeah. The one you were talking to by the lockers.” She tried to hide her jealousy but it was useless.

 

Taeyeon smiled. “I don’t know who she is, actually. I just randomly dragged a girl out of your class so someone could help me put the letter on your table. When you saw us talking, I was just probably thanking her.”

 

No response.

 

“You’re the one I like, Tiffany.”

 

“Wha–” Before Tiffany could even finish, Taeyeon’s lips were already on hers. Her mind went haywire. She didn’t know what was happening but she liked it. She was so sure Taeyeon didn’t like her, but here she was, kissing her.

 

She noticed how Taeyeon’s eyes were closed while hers were still wide open. At the corner of her eye, she saw Yuri and Jessica looking at them while smiling widely. They saw her look at them and Jessica winked at her while Yuri gave her a thumbs-up before disappearing behind the corner.

 

Tiffany smiled inwardly as she slowly came to understand what was actually happening. She closed her eyes and brought her arms up to let them rest around Taeyeon’s neck. She felt Taeyeon smile against her lips. She moved her lips in sync with Taeyeon’s; kissing her back.

 

She spent years trying to imagine how it felt to kiss Taeyeon and now that it was happening, she was overjoyed.

 

They were kissing for a few minutes when Tiffany pulled away and rummaged her bag for something.

 

Taeyeon just looked on curiously with her arms still loosely wrapped around the younger girl’s waist.

 

A few seconds later, Tiffany faced her again and held up two rings. She slipped one on her finger and gave the other to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon grinned goofily before slipping her ring onto her finger.

 

They smiled at each other before Taeyeon spoke.

 

“Next time, just ask me, Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany smiled wider and leaned forward, closing the gap between them.

 

 

 

-END-