Just Ask Me Part 2

Royal Ice

 

Part 2

 

 

The next day at school, Taeyeon and Tiffany didn’t talk to each other much.

 

People noticed, especially their closest friends.

 

“Hey, Tiffany.” It was her best friend, Jessica.

 

She looked up at her best friend with bloodshot eyes. “Yes?” Her voice came out weak and shaky.

 

“Omo, what happened?” Jessica asked, obviously worried.

 

“Taeyeon,” she answered simply before crying again.

 

Jessica nodded in understanding and hugged the girl. Jessica was the only person who knew about her love for Taeyeon. She was the only one she could go to when she wanted to talk about Taeyeon.

 

Jessica happened to be Taeyeon’s cousin, but she was much closer to Tiffany.

 

-

 

“Taeng!” Yuri called out to the figure slumping against her seat.

 

Taeyeon looked at her but didn’t say anything.

 

“Tiffany, huh?” Yuri knew right away. It wasn’t rocket science to figure out that her short best friend liked her girlfriend’s best friend, but still, only a handful of people knew. Not even Jessica knew.

 

The previous night was the perfect time for Taeyeon to confess her feelings after so many years, but Yuri could see that things didn’t turn out great.

 

Taeyeon only sighed. She found no reason to answer the obvious.

 

“It’s okay, Taeng. As they say, there’s plenty of fish in the sea.

 

“But I want that fish,” Taeyeon mumbled quietly but Yuri still heard it.

 

She felt sorry for Taeyeon. “I wish there was something I could do, Tae.” She patted the girl’s shoulder.

 

Taeyeon shrugged. “How about we go out after school? I don’t feel like going home. Let’s hangout.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes. Please?” Taeyeon was pleading.

 

How could Yuri say no to that? “Okay then. We can go to the café down the street. I’ll tell your cousin and we can all go together.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

-

 

Taeyeon specifically told Jessica not to tell Tiffany that they were hanging out after class. She just wasn’t ready to face the girl so soon.

 

They arrived after a few minutes walk and Taeyeon ordered drinks and snacks.

 

They’ve been sitting in the café for almost an hour but no was talking. Jessica was getting impatiend and Yuri noticed it.

 

“Tae, what are you going to do now?”

 

Taeyeon knew what Yuri was talking about, although she silently hoped she didn’t. She shrugged. “Try to get over her? What else is there to do?”

 

Jessica was completely lost. She didn’t know what they were talking about at first, but after Taeyeon answered, she figured it must’ve something to do with what Tiffany was crying about earlier.

 

“What are you guys talking about?”

 

Yuri glanced at her girlfriend before looking at Taeyeon, asking for permission.

 

“Go ahead. No use keeping it a secret now.” Taeyeon took a sip of her drink before leaning back on her chair.

 

Jessica eyed them curiously. “So?”

 

Yuri sighed. “Taeyeon here,” she pointed to the girl who looked like her sould was out of her, “likes Tiffany.” Jessica’s eyes widened. “But!” Yuri continued when Jessica was about to react. “She practically rejected her last night when she showed your cousin that she was uninterested.”

 

Jessica groaned and slapped her own forehead.

 

Yuri’s eyes widened and quickly reached to massage her girlfriend’s forehead, trying to ease any pain.

 

“What did she say, Tae?” she asked her cousin after flashing an appreciative smile towards her caring girlfriend.

 

“She didn’t even ask who the person I like was.”

 

“What? But I thought you confessed?”

 

“She was about to, but your friend couldn’t care less,” Yuri answered on Taeyeon’s behalf.

 

“Aigoo, that stupid girl,” Jessica muttered under her breath.

 

“You said something, Sica?” Yuri asked.

 

Jessica ignored her girlfriend and faced Taeyeon. “Tae, listen. You have to confess to her again.”

 

“Why? So she can ignore my feelings again?”

 

“Aish, Tae. I don’t think I should be telling you this, but she likes you!”

 

“Huh?” Taeyeon was confused. How can Tiffany like her when she rejected her the night before?

 

“That girl’s just stupid sometimes, Tae. Sometimes you just have to know her forehead for her to realize things.”

 

“You’re telling me she likes me?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Okay, okay. No need to shout.”

 

“Sorry. Seriously though, you have to confess to her again.”

 

“I don’t think simply confessing to her like the last time will work though,” Yuri intervened.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Yuri leaned back and crossed her arms over her chest. “You already tried confessing straight up but she rejected you even before you started.”

 

“What are you planning on making me do then?”

 

Yuri told them her plan and grinned mischievously.

 

“Okay, let’s do it.”

 

The three of them smiled at one another.