Just Ask Me Part 1

Royal Ice

Part 1

 

 

Meet me at the park. I have something to tell you.

 

What is it? Can’t you tell me by text instead?

 

Nope. It has to be in person.

 

Fine.

 

“Ugh. The things I do for you.”

 

She sluggishly got out of bed and dragged herself to her closet to change. Once she was done, she went out of her apartment and headed for the park.

 

-

 

She arrived minutes after only to see an empty park. She strained her eyes to look for a familiar figure in the darkness of the night but failed. She was having a hard time looking for her friend even with the help of a couple of streetlights.

 

She groaned. “Why do you have to ask me to meet you here? At this time!” She continued mumbling to herself, unaware that the person she was looking for was behind her, going for a scare.

 

“Boo!”

 

No reaction.

 

“Boo?”

 

“You’re finally here. Now tell me,” she said flatly before facing her friend.

 

Her friend stared at her wide-eyed. “Yah! Why weren’t you surprised?”

 

She stared back. “I knew you’d do something like that. I’ve known you since high school, what do you think?” She rolled her eyes. “Now tell me why you called me out here! I’m supposed to be sleeping, Tae!”

 

The other girl snapped her fingers. “Oh yeah!” She then grabbed Tifany’s hand and pulled her to a nearby bench. “I have to tell you something,” she said after sitting down while grinning widely.

 

“You already said that in your message. Now out with it, Tae. I’m really sleepy.” She wasn’t usually this impatient, especially with her short friend, but she has been sleep deprived lately and she wanted nothing but to succumb to drowsiness that moment.

 

“I like someone!” Taeyeon blurted out. She breathed in and out. Relief washed over her when she finally managed to say it. She grinned and waited for her friend’s reaction.

 

“Uh-huh. Great,” Tiffany said with no hint of excitement whatsoever.

 

Taeyeon frowned. “Aren’t you going to ask me who it is?”

 

“Hmm? No. Not interested.”

 

“Oh…” Tiffany could hear disappointment and sadness in Taeyeon’s voice.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Do you want to go home now?” Taeyeon asked after a few minutes of silence.

 

“Yes, please.”

 

“Okay. I’ll walk you home.”

 

She nodded and started walkng.

 

-

 

The entire walk towards her apartment was quiet. No one dared to talk. While one was sad that her friend didn’t seem to care, the other was lost in her own world, thinking of random things.

 

“Okay, we’re here.”

 

Tiffany smiled. “Thanks, Tae. You’re a great friend.”

 

Taeyeon weakly smiled back before waving goodbye and walking away.

 

-

 

Once she stepped inside her room, she couldn’t help but cry. She didn’t know why it hurt so much when she prepared herself for it.

 

She knew there was a possibility it could happen, but it never bothered her before because she thought she would eventually get over it.

 

It was harder than she thought. How will she ever get over the pain of having the person you love, loving someone else?

 

I like someone! Her friend’s words kept repeating in her mind. She crawled to be and cried some more until she eventually fell asleep.