Lie About Us

Royal Ice

 

Songs Part One: Lie About Us

 

 

“I need to go.”

 

“Now? Why? Can’t you stay a bit longer?”

 

“You know I can’t.”

 

“Why don’t you just leave her? You told me you love me and not her, so why not just leave her?”

 

She sighed. “I can’t hurt her. We’ve been together for so long and… I don’t know. I just can’t hurt her, at least not right now.”

 

“What are we doing exactly? Who am I to you?” She could hear the anger in the other girl’s voice.

 

“You are my girlfriend and I love you.”

 

A scoff. “Yeah right. You love me but you can’t hurt her nor can you leave her. So much for loving me.”

 

“I didn’t say I can’t leave her. I will… just not right now. Please wait a little longer? I promise you I will leave her. I just need more time. Please?”

 

The other girl stared at her for a few seconds before sighing. “Fine. Nothing I can do about it anyway.”

 

-

 

“Hey, you’re home.” She walked up to the girl who just arrived and gave her a chaste kiss.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Tired?”

 

“A bit. I think I’m just going to bed. I’m not that hungry anyway.”

 

“Oh… okay then. Goodnight.”

 

“Night.” She watched her walk to the bedroom, leaving her alone.

 

I guess I can just invite the guys over tomorrow and eat all these. She sighed before starting to clean up the food on the table.

 

-

 

“Boo!”

 

“Aahh!” She fumbled her phone for a bit before finally being able to hold it properly.

 

The perpetrator laughs but stopped when she eyed the phone in her girlfriend’s grasp.

 

“Who are you talking to?”

 

She pretended not to hear just to think of an excuse. “Huh? What?”

 

“I asked who you are talking to?” The girl pointed to the device she was holding.

 

“Oh! I was… um… talking to a friend. Yeah. She was just asking me about some few things for work.”

 

“Oh, is that so? Well, then I’ll leave you be.” With that, the other girl left.

 

Once she was sure that the other girl was out of hearing range, she brought her phone back against her ear and spoke. “Hey, still there?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“You keep saying that, but you’re not really doing anything.”

 

“I promise you, I’m just thinking of a plan. Just please wait a bit longer?”

 

“Whatever. But just so you know, it hurts me every time you lie about our relationship. Even if she doesn’t know who I am.”

 

“I know. It hurts me too.” She sighed.

 

“Yeah right.”

 

“It does!” She was careful not to say it too loud. “Just please trust me on this? I love you and I will think of something.”

 

“Okay. Be thankful that I love you too or else you’d be dead meat by now.”

 

She smiled at that. “Thanks.”

 

-

 

“Hey, you think we can go out tonight?”

 

“Um… welll… I’m kind of tired from work right now. Do we really have to go out tonight? Can’t we do it some other time?”

 

“Oh… that’s fine. We can do it when you’re not that tired.”

 

“Thanks.” She hesitated then kissed the other girl.

 

“No problem. You should rest now.”

 

“Will do. Thanks again.” She walked to the bedroom and closed the door, leaning against it with her eyes closed.

 

She sighed. I can’t keep doing this to her.

 

-

 

“So when are you leaving her?”

 

She sighed and placed her cup back on the table before answering. “Honestly? I don’t know. I want to officially be with Jessica but…”

 

“But you can’t hurt Taeyeon. Yeah, yeah. You keep telling me that. But can’t you see? You’re hurting her right now! With the way you keep brushing her off? Her heart must be made of steel if she’s still not hurt with what you’re doing.”

 

“I know that. It’s just… what am I supposed to tell her anyway? That I don’t love her anymore because I love someone and that I’ve been secretly seeing that someone for some time now? That I’ve actually been cheating on her?”

 

“Well, yes. That would be a great start, actually.”

 

She sighed again. “You know I can’t do that. We’ve been–”

 

She was cut off yet again. “Been together for so long that you don’t think you can tell her the truth because she’s been nothing but faithful to you. Yes, I know!”

 

“What am I supposed to do?” She groaned and buried her face onto her palms.

 

“Gosh, tiffany. I swear, if you weren’t my friend, I would’ve probably killed you right now.”

 

“How exactly are you going to do that? Pour hot coffee on my pretty face?” She scoffed.

 

“That won’t kill you, sadly, but you’d be ugly and I think it would be much easier Taeyeon to let Jessica have you by then.”

 

She scowled at her friend. “Ha ha. Very funny, Sunny.”

 

“Well at least that can solve your problem. Although I’m not sure if Jessica would want you either.”

 

She stared at the other girl in disbelief. “Wow, I call you here to give me some advice, but you’re just crushing my spirit.”

 

“Psh! Nonsense. I was merely attempting to lighten up your mood, it just kind of backfired since it lightened mine instead.”

 

Tiffany didn’t say anything.

 

Sunny sighed. “Tiffany, just be honest with her. I’m pretty sure it would hurt her less when you tell her the truth. Think of it this way: the sooner you tell Taeyeon, the faster you’ll be with Jessica.”

 

Tiffany took a deep breath. “Fine. I’ll think about it.”

 

“Not the answer I was expecting but good enough.”

 

-

 

“So what do you want to do now?”

 

“I don’t know. I’m starting to get a little tired.”

 

“Do you want me to bring you home then?”

 

“If I say yes, will you stay with me for a while?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Then let’s go!”

 

She laughed at Jessica’s sudden burst of energy as they made their way to the car park.

 

-

 

The two girl were cuddling on the couch watching their favorite movie when Jessica propped herself up from Tiffany’s arms and just stared at her.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Tiffany asked without taking her eyes off the TV.

 

“Nothing. Can’t I stare at my girlfriend whenever I want.”

 

Tiffany turned to look at her with a raised eyebrow. “You can, but why would you want to?”

 

Jessica shrugged. “Just because.”

 

“Hmm… alright then.”

 

Tiffany went back to watching the movie while Jessica continued to stare at her. After a few minutes, Tiffany grew conscious of the pair of eyes seemingly trying to trace every detail of her face.

 

“Okay, seriously, I think I’m going to melt any time soon if you if you keep staring at me like that.”

 

Jessica laughed. “Why? I just wanted to stare at you because you’ll be leaving me again in a few hours.” By this time, Jessica’s laughter was replace by a trembling voice.

 

Tiffany turned her head and saw Jessica on the verge of crying.

 

“Hey,” she moved to hug the crying girl, “why are you crying? You know I’m going to be back tomorrow, right? I’ll only be leaving for a few hours.”

 

Jessica sniffed and returned the hug. “Yes, I know. But I can’t help but feel sad that even though you love me, you still go home to her.“

 

“I’m sorry. It’s my fault. Don’t cry please?” She wiped Jessica’s tears with her thumb. “Will it help if I stay with you until you fall asleep?”

 

“A bit.” Tiffany nodded her head and continued to hug the girl until she heard soft, steady breathing. She lifted the girl and up and brought her to the bedroom.

 

Once there, she gently placed the girl on the bed and moved to lie down beside the girl. She placed the blanket over their bodies before hugging Jessica. They stayed that way until Tiffany herself drifted off to sleep.

 

-

 

Tiffany woke up to the blaring sound of her alarm clock.

 

“Ugh, it’s so early.” She glanced at the clock on the bedside table. 8AM. Wait, why is the clock different? And… Taeyeon doesn’t usually set the alarm to 8AM. She looked around the room for a bit before her eyes landed on the space beside her where a brunette can be seen clinging onto her like her life depended on it.

 

Jessica?!

 

She finally realized where she was and slowly got out of Jessica’s hold. She frantically searched for her phone and immediately checked for messages.

 

42 missed calls. 30 messages.

 

All from Taeyeon.

 

Omo.

 

She quickly wrote a note for Jessica, saying that she will be back tonight, and left the apartment right away.

 

She drove home as fast as she could while thinking of an excuse to tell Taeyeon.

 

Once she arrived, she saw Taeyeon sleeping peacefully on the couch while clutching her phone, probably still waiting for Tiffany to respond to her calls and messages.

 

Tiffany slowly walked to the couch and sat down on the floor, right in front of it. Noticing that Taeyeon forgot to remove her glasses, she tried to take them off slowly so she wouldn’t wake the girl.

 

But she failed.

 

Taeyeon stirred and soon opened her eyes to see Tiffany smiling sheepishly at her.

 

“Hey, sorry. I just wanted to take your glasses off. I tried to take it off slowly but–”

 

Before she could finish her sentence, Taeyeon tackled her with a hug. She heard sobbing and pulled away to see Taeyeon’s cheeks wet from her tears. “Where were you? I tried calling you but you weren’t replying. I thought something bad happened to you.”

 Taeyeon hugged her tightly.

 

“I’m sorry. I was… out with a friend last night and um… she got drunk so I had to bring her home and it was late so… uh… I was tired and fell asleep on her couch.” Lies.

 

“You could’ve called me.”

 

“I know. I forgot, I’m sorry. Please stop crying? I’m here now and I’m fine.” I’m sorry.

 

It took Taeyeon a few more minutes to stop crying. When she did, she looked at Tiffany. “You went out with a friend? I tried calling your friends last night and they all told me that they haven’t seen you all day.”

 

D*mn. “Well, she’s a new friend. Yeah. Someone I met at work the other day. I was just trying to be friendly, you know, since the other workers didn’t seem to care when she walked n the office on her first day.”

 

New friend? I didn’t know about that. Despite her thought, Taeyeon decided to just let it go. “Ah, well, that’s nice of you.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So, what do you want to do today?”

 

Tiffany scratched her head and smiled sheepishly. “I was planning on staying home, actually. You know, I went out last night and I’m still kind of tired.” When she saw Taeyeon’s face fall, she quickly added, “But it’s still early, so maybe when I wake up, we can go out?”

 

Taeyeon knew that Tiffany only said that because of how she reacted, but decided to just go with it. She forced a smile. “Sure.”

 

Tiffany smiled in relief.

 

-

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore.”

 

“Why? What’s up?”

 

“She keeps on brushing me off! If she’s not tired from work, she’s tired from going out with her friends! Her friends, Yuri-ah! She goes out with her friends every night but she can’t even go out with me for one day!”

 

“Dude, chill.”

 

“How am I supposed to chill? What will you do if Yoona suddenly ignores you for some friend?”

 

“I’ll be upset, obviously. But calm down. It’s probably nothing.”

 

Taeyeon sighed but didn’t answer. She looked out the window of the coffee shop, letting her eyes wander for a bit but stopped when she spotted a familiar figure walking down the street hand-in-hand with another girl.

 

“Yul, look! It’s Tiffany!”

 

“What? Where?”

 

“There!” Taeyeon pointed to the girl on the side of the street.

 

“Oh yeah! That’s her! But who’s the other girl?”

 

Taeyeon shrugged. “One of her friends, maybe?”

 

“Maybe. Want to go and say hi?”

 

“Sure, it wouldn’t hurt.”

 

The two walked out of the coffee shop and crossed the street.

 

“Babe!” Tiffany was too engrossed with her conversation that she didn’t hear Taeyeon.

 

“Babe! Tiff!” Taeyeon called, louder this time.

 

Tiffany turned her head and was shocked to see Taeyeon there. She immediately lets go of Jessica’s hand and glanced at the girl briefly, seeing her equally shocked expression, before focusing back on the girl jogging towards them.

 

Jessica was shocked but she was also glad to see Taeyeon there. She didn’t want Tiffany to get into any kind of trouble but she thought that this would be a good opportunity to finally let Taeyeon know about their relationship.

 

“Tiffany, hey! What are you doing here? Are you on your break?”

 

Tiffany hesitated. “Y-yeah. I’m on my break. By the way, this is my friend. The one I told you about the other day, Jessica. Jessica, this is my girlfriend, Taeyeon and her friend Yuri,” she gestured to the smiling girl behind Taeyeon.

 

Jessica felt her heart break into a million pieces but decided to put up a front for Tiffany’s sake. “Hi. Jessica. It’s nice to finally meet you, Taeyeon. Tiffany tells me so much about you.” She forced out a smile. “It’s nice to meet you too, Yuri.” For Tiffany.

 

“Oh, does she?” Taeyeon chuckled. “Well, it’s nice to meet you too. I’m glad that I got to meet another one of Tiffany’s friends.”

 

“Ah…” Jessica forced a laugh. Taeyeon didn’t notice the hurt in Jessica’s eyes.

 

But someone else did.

 

“Oh! Taeyeon, we have to go now. Our break’s going to end in a few,” Yuri said and pointed to her watch.

 

“Oh, you’re right! Well, babe, I’ll just see you back at home, okay? Love you!” She pecked Tiffany’s lips before turning to Jessica, who was trying so hard not to break down in front of the three. “Again, it’s nice to meet you Jessica. I hope we can hang out some time.”

 

“O-of course.”

 

Taeyeon flashed her a smile before leaving with Yuri.

 

A few minutes were spent in silence before Tiffany decided to break it.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Silence.

 

“Jessica.”

 

Nothing.

 

“Please say something.”

 

“It’s hurts that you have to lie about us.”

 

Tiffany sighed. “I’m really sorry. It hurts me too.”

 

“Then please,” Jessica begged, “please tell her soon. I don’t think I can stand it anymore.”

 

“I will. I’m sorry.”

 

“Stop saying sorry.”

 

“Okay. Well, what do you want to do now?”

 

“I don’t feel like doing anything anymore. Just bring me home.”

 

“Jess–”

 

“Please.”

 

“Okay.”

 

-

 

Tiffany came home to an empty apartment. She found it weird that she came home before Taeyeon because it was usually the other way around. She didn’t want to think much of it and just assumed that Taeyeon was out somewhere with Yuri.

 

She showered for half an hour then she decided to watch TV in the living room. She was watching one of her favorite movies when her phone suddenly went off, signaling an incoming call. She picked it up without looking at the ID.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Honey.”

 

She looked at the caller ID before placing it back against her ear. “Jess? What’s up?”

 

“I just miss you.” She unconsciously smiled.

 

“I miss you too.”

 

“What are you doing now?”

 

“Just watching TV.”

 

“Oh…” Jessica hesitated but went on with it anyway. “Honey, I’m sorry for how I acted earlier. I didn’t mean to ruin our date. It’s just that… I was really hurt when you told Taeyeon that I was just your friend and when you introduced her to me as your girlfriend.”

 

“I should be the one saying sorry. I promise I’ll think of something to break it off with Tae. You know you’re the one I love right? Just wait a little longer and I’m all yours.”

 

She could practically hear Jessica smiling. “I will.”

 

She smiled too. “So, aren’t you going to sleep yet?” She glanced at the wall clock. 10PM.

 

“Hm… can you sing me to sleep?”

 

Tiffany chuckled. “You know I’d do anything for you. What song do you want me to sing then?”

 

“Any song.”

 

“Okay then. Here goes…”

 

 

Oh, oyy

Yeah, yeah

 

Baby, I know when we started out

There were things you didn’t know

But, baby girl, we got a lotta things we need to discuss

I know I’m asking for a lot, but just trust

 

You say that things gettin’ old

Sneakin’ ‘round creepin’ and love on the low

But, baby girl,l I can’t wait till it’s officially us

I can’t wait to let them know about us

 

First I thought that I could take you, boy, but I don’t know

You told me you were gonna leave her for me long ago

Eventually I will but I just gotta take it slow

Don’t wanna break her heart, although I gotta let her go

So, baby

 

So please don’t say you wanna give up

How do I tell her that I’m falling in love

And I know you’re waiting patiently for that day

When we no longer have to lie about us

 

When I’m with her all I want is your touch

And when you call me, I don’t wanna hang up

And I know I say it often but I can’t wait

Till we no longer have to lie about us

 

Baby, I know situation don’t seem fair to us both

But baby girl, she’s an issue that I’m ‘bout to adjust

Don’t mistake, our love is meant for just us

You are my soul, mind, body, spirit all that I know

 

But, baby girl, I can’t wait till it’s officially us

I can’t wait to tell the world about us

First I thought that I could take you, boy, but I don’t know

You told you were gonna leave her for me long ago

 

Eventually I will but I just gotta take it slow

Don’t wanna break her heart although, I gotta let her go

So baby

 

So please don’t say you wanna give up

How do I tell her that I’m falling in love

And I know you’re waiting patiently for that day

When we no longer have to lie about us

 

When I’m with her all I want is your touch

And when you call me I don’t wanna hang up

And I know I said it often but I can’t wait

Till we no longer have to lie about us

 

Baby, won’t you wait just a little bit

Just a little bit, just a little bit longer, longer

Just a little bit, just a little bit

Just a little bit longer longer

 

Won’t you wait just a little bit

Just a little bit, just a little bit longer longer

Just a little bit, just a little bit, just a little bit longer

 

Baby, so please don’t say you wanna give up

How do I tell her that I’ve falling in love

And I know you’re waiting patiently for that day

When we no longer have to lie about us

 

When I’m with her all I want is your touch

And when you call me I don’t wanna hang up

And I know I said it often but I can’t wait

Till we no longer have to lie about us

 

So please don’t say you wanna give up

How do I tell her that I’m falling in love

And I know you’re waiting patiently for that day

When we no longer have to lie about us

 

When I’m with her all I want is your touch

And when you call me I don’t wanna hang up

And I know I say it often but I can’t wait

Till we no longer have to lie about us

 

Baby, won’t you wait just a little bit, just a little bit

Just a little bit longer, longer

Just a little bit, just a little bit

Just a little bit longer, longer

 

Just a little bit, just a little bit

Just a little bit, longer, longer

Just a little bit, just a little bit

Just a little bit, longer

 

Just a little bit

Just a little bit

Just a little bit

 

Just a little bit

Just a little bit

Just a little bit

 

 

The last note ended and although she knows that Jessica has fallen asleep, she still whispered softly. “Baby, I can’t wait until I can tell the world about us. Just please wait a little bit longer.”

 

She ended the call and sighed.