Chapter Fourteen

BO-GUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flirt

Yeonha

 

The hoodie is slightly big for me, but I smile slightly when I smell V’s strong cologne radiating from his clothes.

 

Okay, maybe V’s not that bad. I mean, he’s not as good as the Taehyung I had in mind, but he’s bearable.

 

I stuff my hands into the pockets of the hoodie and step out of the empty classroom with more confidence. People are no longer looking at me weirdly (though some girls are still glaring at me) and for the first time, I feel grateful towards V for being caring towards me.

 

I never knew he had this side of him.

 

Maybe I should start wearing more inappropriately whenever I see him? Would that bring the caring side of him?

 

What- no! Yeonha! Are you out of your mind?! You’re going to act like some cheapass just to make V care for you? No, I might not be as smart other students at my school but I do have the self-esteem to protect myself.

 

I vigorously shake my head to snap out of weird thoughts and lightly slap myself. Only when I touch my cheeks do I realize how warm they are. Geez, it’s still winter, but why do my cheeks feel so hot? Oh gosh, is it just me or why is the room temperature suddenly so hot…?

 

“Shake out of it, Yeonha,” I whisper.

 

I enter my first classroom and try to ignore the fast beating of my heart.


 

.



 

The rain finally stops by lunch and I am happily walking towards the library. I was so happy when I heard an announcement through the speakers today morning talking about how the constructions in the library were done.

 

I take a deep breath in content as I open the door to the library and welcome myself in the empty yet fresh hallway of the library.

 

Maybe I can take a break from Taehyung or V today.

 

Today, I will just play around the library and walk around the shelves of books. I’ve recently found a book about romance on the internet and I was so keen on borrowing it. I quickly type the name of the book in the computer and write down the book’s location on my wrist.

 

I quickly look around the library to see if there’s anyone looking and when I see no librarians or no students around me, I quickly run towards the said location with excitement. Somewhere in my quick steps, I pretend like I’m doing ballet and lift my toes up. I twirl and then try to balance myself in one feet before I miserably fail and giggle at myself. I continue to run and once I reach the particular shelf where the book is at, I stop running and start to look through each book title to find the one I want to read.

 

I look through the other side of the bookshelf and go through each of the books with my fingers. Weirdly, I can’t find the one I want to read. Usually by now, I would have already found the book and I would have already started reading the first chapter.

 

I furrow my eyebrows. Did I miswrite the location of the book? Or did I go to the wrong bookshelf? I quickly check the writings on my wrist and reread the numbers written on it.

 

Bookshelf RF (realistic fiction) #10.

 

Yeah, I’m correct, but why can’t I find it?

 

I tilt my head to the side confusingly and look back at the books. As I go through each book once again, I make sure I’m not skipping any books.

 

Weird…

 

“What are you finding for?”

 

I jump in shock. I widen my eyes immediately when I see one of the books pulled off from the shelf and a eye is shown through the hole made. I feel my heart beat faster when I recognize V’s face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter