Chapter Twelve

BO-GUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date

Yeonha

 

I wait as Taehyung purchases some popcorn. Jealousy dominates my body when I see the vender, as well as many other girls, awing at my boyfriend. The desire in their eyes makes me want to grab Taehyung, possess him in my arms and cradle him for my whole entire life.

 

When Taehyung walks to me with a smile and hands me the tickets, I shake my head vigorously to stop my scary thoughts

 

“Let’s go,” he says and softly pulls me towards the entrance.

 

I nod, trying to hide the jealousy boiling up inside of me. I protectively wrap an arm around Taehyung’s arm and make sure to show the whole cinema that this boy right here is my boyfriend. Taehyung looks at me curiously at the sudden touch and I smile in response.

 

“I just wanted to hug you,” I say shyly.

 

Taehyung looks at me for a moment before he chuckles and nods.

 

We walk like that towards the entrance of the movie gate. I mentally curse when I realize that our seats are right in the middle of the row. One thing I hate when watching movies at a cinema is walking through a row of people just to reach the middle seat. I also don’t like sitting with strangers. And when I have to go to the bathroom… Gosh, it feels even more uncomfortable to pass through people and touch knees with them.

 

“Sorry, sorry, sorry, oops- um sorry…” I apologize as I walk through the row of people and start to bow continuously.

 

The feeling of touching knees with random people… Oh gosh, how much I hate this.

 

Taehyung notices my discomfort and reaches for my hand. I gulp as he grabs my hand softly and pulls me to the middle of the row.

 

I blush.

 

“T-thanks,” I stammer quietly and sit down.

 

Taehyung only smiles.

 

“It’s a horror movie by the way,” he informs.

 

“It’s ok-” I stop talking. “Wait, what?”

 

.

 

A horror movie?!

 

I watch with fear as the movie starts playing.

 

, even the beginning is scary.

 

“Why? You don’t like horror movies?” I hear Taehyung ask beside me.

 

I nod.

 

“I get scared really easily,” I say and hug myself tightly. I feel someone’s gaze on me and I feel goosebumps when I see Taehyung smiling at me creepily.

 

“W-why are you smiling?” I ask and eye him skeptically.

 

He seems deep in his thoughts as he stares at me in a weird way.

 

I furrow my eyebrows.

 

“Taehyung?” I ask and poke him softly on the arm.

 

He flinches and finally snaps out of his thoughts.

 

“Y-yeah?” he replies.

 

“Are you okay?” I ask worriedly.

 

He smiles and shakes his head.

 

“Yeah, I-I’m okay.”

 

Something about Taehyung feels wrong, but I have no time to think about it when the first jump scare in the movie appears. I jump involuntarily and quickly block my sight with my hands.

 

I sneak a glance at Taehyung and gather my eyebrows when I see how he is only smiling at the movie. He is smiling so brightly that he looks almost… satisfied? I continue to observe him when he suddenly turns his head to the side and catches me looking at him. His smile almost drops immediately and he looks troubled. I furrow my eyebrows and observe his actions.

 

“T-the movie is fun, isn’t it?” he asks.

 

I nod sketchily.

 

“Sorry, I just tend to smile when I get overexcited. I love horror movies,” he explains.

 

And that’s when I remember the memories of the night where I first met V; the time where he was smiling at someone’s pain with joy.

 

This isn’t Taehyung, this is V.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

I am too busy in my own thoughts that I flinch when I feel someone’s hand on my knees. I quickly look up and see V smiling at me. However, I don’t smile back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter