Cream Puff

My BIG Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Heol~ Is that the Oh Sehun who’s been the talk of the whole school since the first day?”

“Yeah. He is,” Jongin replied, not minding to look at Baekhyun who was eyeing the orange head who was in the counter.

“So he’s your new co-worker?” Jongdae asked, looking up at Jongin. The latter frowned as he pushed the tray to his friend. “Unfortunately,” he sighed.

“What’s wrong? You look like you just stepped on a poop,” Junmyeon remarked, reaching for his drink. Jongin just sighed before taking his seat beside Yixing. “Are Jieun and that orange head close?” Yixing suddenly asked. They all looked at Jongin, waiting for an answer.

“I don’t think so,” he replied after a short pause.

“Really? They look close though. Look at how they talk to each other,” Baekhyun commented, nodding towards the counter where Jieun and Sehun were standing. The two were looking at the monitor and Jieun was explaining how that machine works. Sehun just kept on nodding.

Jongin couldn’t conceal the frown on his face. “Is there something wrong?” Minseok questioned after a long pause.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other, exchanging meaningful grins before Baekhyun cleared his throat. “I can hear overprotective Jongin’s engine working~” he hummed before chuckling. Chanyeol joined in but Junmyeon shot the two a ‘shut up’ look and they stopped. Chanyeol shrugged.

“I mean, look at him,” the giant elf remarked, pointing at Jongin. “He looks like he’s going to fry the guy with his glare. He’s always like that when someone gets close to Jieun. He’s acting like her boyfriend when he’s not.”

“I’m just worried,” Jongin stated, glancing at his friends. He sighed. “I have a bad feeling about that Oh Sehun. Can’t you tell from his looks?”

The pack all turned to the counter. Sehun was in the middle of getting a customer’s order while Jieun was quietly checking on him by his side.

“He’s handsome,” Baekhyun commented. “He looks nice.”

Jongin turned to him and Baekhyun pursed his lips into a thin line. “W-Why? It’s my opinion,” Baekhyun said in defense.

“After what he said during his introduction, I don’t know what to think about him. I get why you’re anxious,” Junmyeon stated, nodding a bit before taking a sip of his drink. Yixing nudged Jongin.

“Are you worried he’s gonna pull another Jisung?”

They all stared at Jongin once again. The story about Jisung was not a secret among his friends. They’ve known each other since grade school and although they went their different ways during middle school, they remained in touch and they were all constantly updated with everything that’s happening with all of them.

“I don’t know,” Jongin honestly replied. He knows that it’s too early to judge but he just can’t dismiss what his instinct was saying.

“Give him a chance. If he acts up, he’s going to taste 7 pairs of fists plus Kyungsoo’s headlock,” Minseok suddenly commented. They looked at him and he just casually shrugged. He’s not really the type of person who would just come up with such plans; heck, he’s a gentle soul to begin with.

“Minseok’s right. If he hurts our Jieun, he’s dead meat,” Chanyeol added, putting his game face on. He looked like a fool. Jongin scoffed, pushing his friend.

“Oh! Sarang’s here,” Baekhyun chimed.

Sarang searched the place before her eyes landed on their table. She walked towards them with a sweet smile on her face. “Why are you here? You said you’re going out with your sister,” Jongin asked when she got to their table.

The boys moved on their seats to give space for the newcomer. Sarang took her seat beside Jongin. “Why? You don’t want me here?” she asked, sounding like she’s complaining.

Jongin pinched her cheek. “Did I say that? I was just asking,” he replied. Baekhyun and Chanyeol started making alien noises and Sarang turned to them, making a face. Jongdae just shook his head, not getting why his friends are acting like kids.

“We got back earlier than planned. She suddenly had an emergency at work,” Sarang stated, opening her bag and pulling her phone from it. “So who won?” she asked, looking at the boys.

“Is that even a question? Of course my team won,” Jongin replied before he and Yixing high-fived. Sarang noticed the black bracelet on his wrist.

“The team members were unfairly distributed,” Baekhyun complained. “I was with Junmyeon, Jongdae and Chanyeol.”

“You have more members,” Sarang commented, pointing out the fact.

“Members who can’t play well,” Baekhyun muttered, earning a hit on the back from Chanyeol and exasperated scoffs from Junmyeon and Jongdae.

“Says the person who kept on making fouls,” Jongdae said, shaking his head.

“I kept making fouls?”

“That’s the truth.”

Sarang just sighed before looking at Jongin who was already shaking his head in surrender. Jongdae and Baekhyun went on with their small rants. Sarang held Jongin’s hand, looking at the bracelet on his wrist. Jongin looked at her.

“I did not notice this,” she remarked, meeting his eyes.

“I recently bought it,” he replied.

“It’s cute.” Sarang smiled at him and he smiled back at her.

“Do you want to order something?”

Sarang nodded. The two of them looked at Jongdae and Baekhyun who were still going on with their fight. Junmyeon was looking at his phone. Yixing was just being entertained by his friends’ childish acts while Minseok and Chanyeol were focused on eating their pastries.

“Let’s go,” Jongin said, pulling Sarang by the hand. They made their way to the counter.

“You can just follow the steps in this notebook. Make sure that you get all the measurements right,” Jieun instructed before looking up at Sehun. The latter quickly nodded. He immediately scanned the page of the notebook and started measuring the ingredients for the drink that was ordered a whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter