Cherry Pie

My BIG Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The faculty’s alarmed by what they heard. There has never been such incident in their school like that. Choong Ang High School takes pride in their untainted reputation and there’s no way in hell that they will tolerate what happened. Students started spreading rumors – unbelievable rumors. One rumor that started circulating among the students was that Jieun’s part of a cult and because she broke one of their rules, she’s being punished. When Jieun heard of that, she wasn’t even sure if she would laugh or get angry at their stupidity. She’s just thankful that the incident hasn’t reached her parents yet and she has no plan of making it known to them.

“You look a little pale. Are you okay?” Ara asked with a worried voice when she saw Jieun staring blankly on the table. They’ve been sitting together inside the cafeteria for the last 10 minutes without doing anything. Jieun’s still slowly processing everything that happened. Her locker’s been trashed a few days ago and then it was followed by the gross pouring of animal blood on her desk. Anyone would come up with a conclusion that whoever did that is not normal.

Jieun looked back at Ara who was staring intently at her. Ara’s been with her since that incident and she’s been constantly checking up on her. Jieun could feel the difference between having the flower boys around her compared to when she’s with Ara. It’s easier for her to open up to her new friend. She feels like she’s with her own sister. Jieun forced a smile and nodded. “I’m okay. I think I just need to go to the restroom.”

“Then let’s go,” Ara cheerfully stated, standing up and pulling her small bag from the chair. Jieun followed suit. “Ah! Do you have anywhere to go this weekend?” Ara suddenly asked. Jieun shook her head.

“I don’t have any plans this weekend but I’m supposed to help at the shop.”

“Ah…”

“Why?”

“Nothing. My mom gave me some tickets for a movie and it’s scheduled this weekend so I thought we could go together. It’s okay though. We can go next time,” Ara replied and Jieun could hear from her voice that she’s a bit disappointed. Honestly, Jieun’s over the clouds when she heard about the movie. It’s not actually because she wants to watch a movie but because it’s the first time that someone, other than her family and Jongin, invited her to watch a movie.

“Let’s watch it.”

“Huh? I thought you’re helping at your shop.”

Jieun smiled. “I can skip helping at the shop for a day. Besides, I’m sure that Jongin and Sehun can manage the shop. Mom and dad will be there too so it will be okay.” At the back of her mind, she’s just really wishing that Sehun and Jongin will be able to work together without fighting. Sehun’s clumsiness is getting into Jongin’s nerves and because of everything that’s happening, Jongin’s on the edge and is easily irritated.

Ara’s smile got even bigger that Jieun could feel the bright ray from her bouncing everywhere. “We can go to the amusement park after watching. I heard they have great rides there. It’s been a while since I went to an amusement park.” She went on and on about the things that she wanted to do with Jieun and the latter just watched at her excited friend. Jieun, for a moment, forgot about the bad things that happened.

As they entered the restroom, the two headed to the cubicles. Merely a second passed and they heard some girls entering the restroom.

“Don’t you think that the person who poured the blood on piggy’s desk is a psycho?”

Jieun raised a brow when she heard that. They were obviously talking about her. “Who in their right mind would do that? I really think it’s a psycho. . I feel like puking whenever I think that a psycho’s in this school,” another girl stated.

“I feel like Sarang did it or maybe one her friends.”

“Why would she do that?”

“Piggy’s close to Jongin. Maybe she got jealous and did it.”

“Whatever. I don’t even care. I just don’t like that pig. The flower boys should get their eyes checked. They’re hanging out with that creature like…yuck.”

Jieun was close to kicking the door of the cubicle open. These es are going to get it from me this time. I’m not going to-

“Don’t you think that you’re being very mean right now?”

Ara. Jieun felt like her heart stopped beating when she heard that voice.

“What did you say? And who the are you?” one of the girls asked. Jieun was about to open the door when Ara spoke.

“I’m Jieun’s friend so I would like it if you stop talking about her that way. You’re her schoolmate to begin with. Don’t you feel bad about talking about her behind her back? You are-”

“Tch. Did you girls hear that? She said she’s piggy’s friend. She must be the transferee. Hey kiddo, know your place and shut up, okay? Do you also want to be an outcast? Nobody actually cares if that pig dies. She’s an eyesore to begin with. So if you want to have a peaceful life here, just shut your mouth and get lost. Get that?”

Jieun could feel her blood boiling. She opened the door and got out of the cubicle. “You should be the one who should shut up. Every time you open your mouth, trash comes out.”

The girls looked at her. “What did you say?” Eunwoo, the girl who cornered Ara, asked as she stepped towards Jieun. She looked like she was ready to grab Jieun by the throat.

“You heard me loud and clear. Should I really repeat that for you?” Jieun asked with flowing sass. She’s done playing nice and she could feel her blood pumping through her veins as if she’s getting ready to grab anyone’s hair at the moment. “I said that you should shut your mouth because everytime you open it, garbage comes out. Let’s be friendly to the environment.”

“ing .” Eunwoo swung her arms, ready to plant a forceful slap on Jieun’s cheek but the latter was faster. Jieun grabbed Eunwoo’s arm and held it tightly that the latter yelped. Jieun pushed her away. Eunwoo’s two friends, Younha and Sena, ran towards Jieun and grabbed her hair. It was a messy fight. Ara started pulling Younha away but was pushed even harder that she hit her arm on the cubicle door.

There was a lot of hair pulling, screaming, more hair pulling and even more screaming. Jieun was able to free herself from the three and when those witches were about to charge again, water was splashed over them, making them scream. Jieun looked at Ara who was holding the empty pail. Her hair was messy and so was her uniform.

Eunwoo, Younha and Sena turned around and glared at Ara with so much anger. “YOU’RE REALLY DEAD!!!”

“WHAT DO YOU THINK ARE YOU DOING?!” Mr. Lee, another faculty member, roared. The girls were frozen on their spots. He scanned the room with a furious expression. “The five of you, come to the faculty room. Right away.”

 

 

From Ara: You don’t have to worry about me. I’m stronger than I look. See you tomorrow. Good night~

Jieun stared at the last message from Ara. Honestly speaking, she feels bad that Ara was dragged to the faculty room because of what happened. She just hopes that those witches will leave Ara alone. She’s her first girl friend and she can’t afford to lose her. Jieun stared at the ceiling, letting go of her phone in the process. Who in the world would do that? Who? And why would that person do that?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter