Carrot Cake

My BIG Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Sarang’s birthday and the air’s different in the school. Everyone’s greeting her. She’s the popular girl in the first place. Jieun saw a pile of presents on Sarang’s desk early in the morning and she’s sure they’re from Sarang’s fans. Despite knowing that Sarang’s dating Jongin, her admirers did not stop showing their love for her. Any girl would pay to be Sarang even for just a day and Jieun would be in that line if it’s a possible thing to do.

“So how should we do this?” Kyungsoo suddenly asked, glancing at Jieun. The latter snapped back to reality and realized that she’s been spacing out for some minutes. Sehun was also looking at her, waiting for her answer. She cleared and pulled the book to her side. She traced the page with her index finger and then slowly nodded.

“I think we can do this by parts. We can divide the whole thing into three,” she suggested, turning to Kyungsoo who was intently listening with narrowed eyes. He looked very serious and she couldn’t tell what he’s thinking as of the moment. Jongin once explained it to her – that Kyungsoo always looks like he’s glaring because he has bad eyesight. Although she knows the reason behind his always squinted eyes, it’s still hard for her to shake off the idea that he’s really just glaring.

Jieun turned to the orange head who was leaning back on his seat. He looked like his mind was flying outside the building. He does not look like the kind of guy who would spend his time (or even spare a second) in the library. “Sehun?” she called out, raising a brow when Sehun looked at her.

“I’m fine with anything,” Sehun muttered, shrugging. Kyungsoo looked at him. “Let’s divide the parts and individually do them. Let’s meet tomorrow and see what we made,” Kyungsoo said, earning affirmative nods from Sehun and Jieun.

After dividing the materials for their group paper, they went their own ways. Jieun found herself in the middle of the noisy table of the flower boys. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were at it again. Yixing looked like he’s all done with everything. Junmyeon looked like he wanted to get out of the cafeteria because of the noise. Minseok was just eating the food that Jieun brought from their house. Food in the cafeteria’s not really the best but the boys couldn’t help but go there during lunch because they’re lazy to go outside.

“I can eat forever if the food here is as good as the food cooked by your mom,” Jongdae commented, looking at Jieun. She couldn’t hide the smile on her face. “I was the one who cooked everything that I brought here,” she corrected, earning surprised looks from the boys.

“Whooo~ You can get married~ You even cook well~” Minseok teased and she just chuckled. Chanyeol and Baekhyun stopped their little banter and continued eating.

Jieun noticed the orange head taking his seat on one of the empty seats near the corner. She internally grimaced when she saw him make a face after shoving a spoonful of food into his mouth. “He eats alone?” Baekhyun suddenly muttered while also looking at Sehun. “He’s going to have a stomach ache if he forces himself to finish his food,” Chanyeol added.

Should I give him something? After some minutes, Jieun reached for the untouched lunchbox with sorted side dishes and stood. She did not mind the stares from the flower boys and just walked straight to where Sehun was sitting. When she placed the lunchbox on his table, he looked at her in surprise. “Eat. That’s for you. The food here ,” she said before turning around, making her way back to the table of the pack.

“What was that?” Chanyeol asked, leaning near her. She shrugged.

“An act of kindness for a member of the humankind,” she replied, grinning. Junmyeon, who was sitting beside her, laughed. “He works at our shop. That’s the least thing I could do for him,” she added and Chanyeol nodded slowly.

“If Jongin’s here, he would’ve hated the idea of you being close to that orange head,” Jongdae butted in. “He was pretty clear last time that he does not like Oh Sehun getting close to you.”

Jieun shook her head. “He’s just over reacting.”

 

 

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!!”

The cheery song resonated in the shop. The other customers were looking at the table where the flower boys and Sarang’s friends were sitting. Sarang was just clapping her hands as they continued singing. There was no plan of holding a birthday party at their shop on that afternoon. The flower boys were just hanging out when Jongin, Sarang and her friends walked in and they just decided to throw a small party for her.

Jieun recognized the two girls who were with Sarang. Jiwoo was the one with short black hair. She’s in the dance club too. Misa’s the shorter half Japanese girl. She’s a member of the music club. Jieun’s father was more than happy to give them a discount for the cake that they bought from the shop. She’s just happy that she’s busy enough to not be bothered by Jongin to join them at their table.

“Jieun.”

“Hmm?” She turned to Sehun who was mixing something near the espresso machine.

He looked back at the notebook where they put the measurements for the drinks. “I can’t read this,” he stated, pointing at the page of the notebook. Jieun made her way to his side to take a look at what he was pointing at. She sighed when she saw what that was. Her father’s handwriting is a work of art.

“That’s 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.”

“Ah.” He nodded before reaching for the syrup. She stared as he quietly followed the instructions. Jieun noticed that his scars were getting fully healed. Come to think of it, I don’t know much about Oh-range-y. I just have this feeling that he’s a good guy.

He quickly put everything in the blender and turned it on. He was watching how the coffee ice cubes were being crushed in the mixture. Honestly, Sehun looks like a demi-god – an orange head demi-god. He looks like he can be a part of the flower boys. Jieun heard some girls talking about Sehun yesterday at school and it’s obvious that they’re attracted to him. Seeing Sehun smile is rare. He looks cold all the time but he looks warm when he smiles. Jieun saw his smiling face before and she could say that he really is attractive.

Sehun reached for the whipped cream. He put it on top of the mixture before grating dark chocolate as topping. He looked satisfied with his finished product. He handed the glass of prettily made frappe to Jieun. Since they’re in the process of testing Sehun’s skills, Jieun reached for the drink and inserted a straw in it before she sipped from it. He was staring, waiting for her comment.

Jieun hummed in satisfaction. The drink tasted just like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter