Chapter 8

The Idol Marriage Life [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

The Untold Secret


 

BTS Dorm, Seoul

10 am

“Going somewhere, huh?”

Jimin who was sitting in the dining table asked Taehyung when he just came out from his room well dressed. It was a day off for BTS before heading to Philipines for Wings Tour concert, and as usual they spend time to sleep all day in dorm.

“Uhuh, I’m going to visit a wedding planner with Lisa and mom” he simply answered as carelessly drank a glass of milk which he believes belongs to Jimin. “.. ah chim did you see the brochure of jewelry store that I put here last night? I haven’t seen it yet, I will also buy my wedding ring today”

 

Kim Taehyung was indeed too much talking. He was unaware of tense changes in Jimin’s face as he tried to give a sign for Taehyung to shut his mouth up.

Before Jimin could speak, Taehyung turned around to take his phone which left in his room, and that’s the moment when he was surprised to see Bae Irene standing next to her best friend, Seulgi, with a shock expression.

 

“What did you say?” the question sounded so clear even though Irene said it weakly.

“Noona.. I can explain”

“Are you really going to get married?” she nearly cried

“Noona..”

“So what did Hobie say by accident was true? You’re the one who’s going to get married? Not your cousin?!”

“Joohyun-ah” Taehyung stepped forward to approach her but she flung her hand as he tried to touch her.

“Ppali answer me!!”

 

Oh man the situation was getting tense and awkward. Taehyung didn’t expect to see his favorite noona this morning. Well it wasn’t the first time they came to BTS dorm. The boys used to see Red Velvet members in their dorm, especially Seulgi who is actually Jimin’s beloved girlfriend.

 

Jimin would ask her to stay in their dorm if they have same day off or she just came to cook breakfast for the boys as she did with her sister this morning. Yes, they’re that close. They all friends in real life, and some of them even ended as lovers including Taehyung and Irene.

 

“Umh I think you should talk with him privately, unnie” then without a second thought, Seulgi immediately pulled her boyfriend to get out of the way and give them some space to talk more openly.

Actually she already knew this from the beginning. Of course Jimin was the one who told her. However, they all agreed not to tell Irene because they thought it would be wise if Taehyung himself who told her in person.

“I’ll be in chim’s room if you’re done, unnie” she added before making their way to Jimin’s room.

 

The room felt even tenser after the couple left. There’s a few seconds pause between them to think what to say. Taehyung didn’t know how to explain it. Frankly he hasn’t planned to tell her in the near future. No, he’s not ready for that yet ‘cos deep down inside his heart he’s still afraid to lose her.

 

“So it’s true?” she repeated the same question sadly

Taehyung heaved a sigh before nodding his head and stared at her intensively, “Nde, it’s true”

 

His deep voice felt like a knife cut for her. Irene bowed her head to hide tears that started rolling down her cheeks. For some reason she felt so sad and upset.

She didn’t think that what she heard when BTS and her members went to dinner together was true. She didn’t think that the man they were talking about was him, her Taehyung. She never thought the man who was always there by her side finally left her for another girl. Somehow she felt very hurt.

 

“I’m sorry Joohyun-ah…” Taehyung touched her arm carefully then rubbed it slowly when she no longer refused. “… grandma set me up with her best friend’s granddaughter since we were babies. I know this sounds ridiculous, but this is her last wish before she dies. I have no other choice, noona”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I don’t know how to say it. I’m so confused and there are many things I have to deal with” he said it desperately

“Who’s she? You love her?”

“It doesn’t matter for me”

“Tell me if you love her more than me, ppali tell me!” her voice began to rise as she felt emotion aded her mind.

“If I say I don’t like her then what? I told you it doesn’t matter for me ‘cos I have no choice, Joohyun-ah!” he yelled back at her desperately. “… if only you would accept me to be your boyfriend, I might have enough reason to refuse it, but now it’s impossible. My grandma died and it’s my only way to make her happy”

 

Irene was silent hearing his words, didn’t know what to say. Although what he said sounds painful, but it was true and she felt sorry for that.

“Who’s she? Do I know her?”

 

Taehyung was hesitant to reveal his soon to be wife’s identity, but eventually he decided to tell her be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter