Chapter 2

The Idol Marriage Life [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Hello you


 

“I know you’re still want to reach your dream, but me and Lisa’s grandma been planning this since you were babies. Taehyung-ah, Lisa-ya, you’re going to get married soon”

Everybody smiled, showing their happy faces except those youngsters who were unable to cover their shock.


 

“WHAT?!”


 

“You’re going to get married soon, son” Mr. Kim repeated, sincerely smiling.


 

Both of Taehyung and Lisa kept blinking their eyes shockingly. They never expected to hear such bull in this meeting.

Since debuting, they never thought of dating. The difficult times they had over the years as trainees get them to focus on work and keep improvising in order to achieve their goals. And now grandma just told them to get married.

What-the-heck-is-this!!


 

Let me repeat once again – get married.


 

“You kidding me, dad” Taehyung cried out, “… an arranged marriage in this day and age? Like c’mon dad it’s 21st century and you’re still matching me. This is a joke!!” he lost control. He tried to lower his voice but it was even higher along with the emotions that churned up his chest.

“Kim Taehyung!” her mom seriously warned.


 

The atmosphere in the room turned into a sudden strain. Fortunately they were sitting in a closed VIP room, so no one would hear their conversation.


 

“Sorry mom, haelmoni and also the Manoban family, I don’t mean to be rude or anything, I just don’t understand why we should be arranged. Can’t you guys let us choose our own partner?” he started to feel frustration

“V sunbaenim was right, mom dad I can’t do this either. We don’t know each other. How can we get married while we don’t know each other? Wouldn’t that be so awkward? We will spend our lives together” this time the quiet Lisa voiced out. She nearly cried when her parents just silently shook their heads.

“You can get to know each other first, darling. Don’t worry it will come naturally” her mom smiled

“But mom, I just debuted after 5 years as a trainee. Oh c’mon mom, dad, don’t do this to me. You know how struggle I was to get all of this” and she began to cry.

“Don’t cry my darling, I don’t want to see my baby girl sad” Grandma said as she handed her a tissue.

“Haelmoni please, let us have a carrier first. I’m not ready for this” Lisa begged, and her sadness somehow made Taehyung feel ache inside. He found her cute like a cry baby.

“Nde haelmoni, I know you never force your will as before” Taehyung added, trying to change her mind.

“Sorry kids, I can’t. This is my promise to Lisa’s grandma before she died that I will marry you two”

“Haelmoniiiii” Lisa stood up and immediately hugged grandma Kim from behind, “… please don’t do this”

“Lisa, stop it!” her dad warned,

“Appa, I’m your only one daughter, are you willing to make me suffer huh?”

“Don’t overreact, Liz. We want the best for you. Taehyung will take good care of you. He will be a good husband, right son?” Lisa’s dad turned to Taehyung who kept silence, pay attention to the scene before him.


 

Taehyung was amazed at how easily Lisa softened his grandmother's heart. Not all strangers can approach his grandma. She’s so rigid and difficult to accept strangers. That’s why some of his cousins were not married ‘cos they didn’t have grandma’s blessing.


 

“I’m sorry aboji, but I think we’re still too young to do this. I don’t want to ruin her life” he honest.

“You won’t Taehyung-ah. I believe you will be a good husband. I’m the one who’s afraid that our daughter wouldn’t take care of you well” Mrs. Manoban said

“Alright kids, it’s final, you’re going to get married at the end of this month” Mr. Kim gave his final statement and of course it made the youngster crying harder.

“Nooo appa, please don’t”

“Aboji jebaaalll” Lisa hugged haelmoni even tighter while grandma gently rubbing the back of her hand.

“Yeobo-ah, we have agreed not to force him” Mrs. Kim tried to soften her strict husband. She knew she couldn’t do much to change his mind, but at least she tried.

“Taehyung-ah, Lisa-ya, listen to me” It turned to grandma to speak, “I'm getting older and tired. I just want to see my beloved grandson get married. It would be very happy if I was given a chance to see your child, my great-grandchild, born” grandma said with a weak smile and teary eyes, “So for once, please grant my wish”


 

Both of them kept silent. They didn’t know what to say. Surely they don’t want to accept it but also don’t have the heart to reject it. It would be so disrespectful.


 

“Lalisa please think about it, baby. Trust us, we won’t ruin your life. It’s all for you darling” her mom softly said

“Yeah we won’t force both of you, but please think of what haelmoni just said. You love her, Taehyung-ah” Mrs. Kim does know how to soften his son.

She knows that Taehyung will not have the heart to hurt grandma who has been taking care of him since he was a baby. He always obeyed her words.

Taehyung kept his mouth shut while looking at his tired grandma intensively.


 

Oh why did it happen to me?. Ottokaeee, jinja ottokaee? Why Lisa? Why must her for God’s sake? Ah what should I do? Kookie obviously would kill me for marrying the girl he loves. God dammit!! - Taehyung silently cursed.


 

“Taehyung-ah...” dad joined his wife to persuade his only one son.

Taehyung’s eyes then turned to Lisa who is also looking at him, waiting for an answer. “Yeah we’ll think about it”

“Gomawo Taehyung-ah” her mother nearly cried to hear his answer.


 

Meanwhile Lisa felt something big and heavy hit her head. She felt shocked and lifeless. She walked back to her seat.


 

What is he thinking, huh? We? He said WE, which means himself and me. How dare him using my name without permission to accept something big and ridiculous like this. God ottokaeeee, arrghghh get me out of here, I’m dying! - Lisa might keep silent, but her face say it out loud.


An hour later

Although there has been no decision about their wedding plans, thankfully the dinner went well. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter