Prologue: Drizzle

That Hashtag on the wall

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


One one lonely night
drenched in rain...


-drenched in rain

That out of the blue lyrics from Taka's wayward mind

drenched in rain

It probably describes Toru Yamash'ta as of the moment

 

Why?

 

Oh well, he has what you can call and umbrella that is supposed to shield him from the rain. An all black, no non sense umbrella, with such plain black features except for a white skull that was hand painted on one of the panels.

 

But why was he still drenched you ask?

 

Because he gave it away.

 

Yes, this sounds foolish but he gave his umbrella away. 

 

He was walking out at night all alone from their practice jam session while his band members are either retiring to their own beds or out drinking and partying til morning.

 

It was a hectic week for Toru and he needed to clear his mind so he had this urge to walk around the city and breathe the fresh night air while being drowned with the noises and buzzes of the city.

 

A good idea you may say but ... it rained. He was drowned indeed, drowned with the rain. Ugh

 

He was fortunate enough to be bringing along this umbrella given to him by a friend as a joke. You see, who would give a guy an umbrella? They even made sure to include a skull design just because he a rock star. Ha ha. He thought sarcastically. He personally thinks it looks like a pirate jolly roger instead, but ok in the face of a rain, wet beggars cant be umbrella choosers right?

 

So armed with his all black umbrella he continued his supposedly refreshing walk. His slow, long strides purposely made it through the thick pitter patter of the rain.

 

Here is where the story starts..

 

He passed by a cafe that looks cozy and warm from where he was standing, with the smell of coffee so inviting that he wanted to step inside and soak himself in it. A few people were huddled in the entrance though since it provides shelter from the rain. Some were alone with there thick coats a few pairs were warmed in each others embrace. A couple of people were extending their hands out to feel the downpour.

 

Toru's attention was diverted and was caught the most with this unlikely creature in the middle of the parking lot beside the cafe. 

 

This creature, it seems did not receive the memo that it is raining, because it was merrily dancing and prancing to the pavement a midst the heavy drizzle. It spread its arms and turned into a happy circle as if it was the best thing to do under the rain. The creature did not mind anyone or anything whether others are already staring at it or murmuring about its strangeness.

 

For some reason Toru was captivated. Judging from its petite form this creature is a girl. A girl who is covered with a hooded sweatshirt wearing a sling bag with a print that hints of a blue colored anime figure. She was not wearing the usual strappy sandals that girls wear, but rather she was on a red and blue sneakers, which is now soaked and turning black.

 

What's curious is that her sling bag is under the sweater rather than over it, like its more important to keep her anime printed bag from being wet than herself. 

 

She jumped and the jingle of the various key chains from her bag can be heard even with the strong gush of wind and heavy patter of rain on the pavements. The key chains looks like several anime figures too.

 

Toru chuckled at the unusual girl. He stopped when the girl turned her face towards the sky, the hood of her sweatshirt fell and her long black hair cascaded downwards, fluttered a bit along with the wind before falling on her back, now dark and drenched. She had her eyes closed, and she offered her face to the falling rain, her nose pointed towards the sky.

 

Her silhouette was beautiful.

 

Silly but beautiful.

 

How can some one be so carefree? He thought to himself.

 

The girl sneezed, which amused him some more.

 

He found himself walking to towards the silly creature , he couldn't figure out why but his strides brought him closer and closer to her not even minding if the puddle on the pavement is making his jeans wet.

 

He extended his hand with the umbrella and shielded the girl from the rain.

 

 

***

 

We'll never be as young as we are now

 

Carefree

 

A chooo

 

Carefree but sick.

 

Dhes looked up at the sky from her bedroom window. She has a dreamy look on her eyes though her nose is red from being runny all night.

 

She sniffed.

 

Carefree, but sick yet happy and .. in love?

 

Eh?

 

Dhes shook her head vigorously hoping to shake away the weird thoughts that invaded her mind.  Just because she experienced a shoujo manga -like scene, she can't just say she is in love right? Oh Please she is not a kid anymore.

 

But Dhes, who is not a kid anymore but still loves anime, cant help it. Specially if she looks back and reminisce what happened last night.

 

She was at her favorite cafe, drinking latte, reading manga and as usual she enjoyed so much, she forgot the time. When she decided to go, it suddenly rained. 

 

Bummer. She doesn't have an umbrella.

 

She looked at her bag deliberating if she can walk and have it drenched.

 

But then Aomine, Kise and Kuroko's gentle face looked at her and seemed to beg and plead for her to save them. Ugh. Who is she to refuse? Don't worry Kuro I wont let you get wet. She thought with determination.

 

She looked at her Tshirt and Monkey D. Luffy was smiling at her. Oh no. Luffy is not good with water. She thought again. So she donned her plain black hooded sweater on over all of her anime printed bag and tee.

 

She really has to set her priorities straight eh?

 

She came out looking like a bulky lady because her bag is underneath. She pushed the door and the chime on the door tingled. Dhes tested the rain by putting her palms out while shielding herself at the front awning for the cafe.

 

She can make a run for it! She knows she can, but then she thought why hurry and stress herself when she can turn this situation into an enjoyable escapade?

 

So with a change of heart she started to enjoy the slight down pour. She stepped in to the parking lot and soaked herself. She even danced to the sounds of the rain meeting the harsh pavement as if its club music. It was the first drizzle since summer and she feel that it was actually cool to her already parched skin.

 

She turned her face upwards and closed her eyes to feel the water on her face. Her hood fell on her back so even her hair is now wet. Hmmm she doesn't wear make up and fancy hair clips anyways so  nothing to worry about..

 

When suddenly the drizzle stopped. Dhes cant feel any drop on her face so she opened her eyes then she saw all black. No sky, no lights from the lamp post, just black..

 

She felt someone behind her and was so surprised she turned and almost toppled on her feet, but she recovered enough to look at the tall person who is now in front of her.

 

The stranger was holding out his umbrella and shielding her. He is a very tall guy who is wearing a black baseball cap with strands of blond hair peeking from the sides. He was looking down and the tip of his cap was covering his eyes. Yet, his nose, the bridge is perfectly formed and is as long as any handsome nose out there. 

 

His lips is pursed, which looks like he is hiding a smirk. He looked sideways, covered his mouth and cleared his throat. oh boy, what a prominent jawline.. Wait a minute, Is he laughing at her?

 

As if the jawline was not enough to mesmerize her. The person spoke and his deep baritone voice was striking Dhes' ears and almost turned her knees jelly. 

 

“What is the use of a hooded sweatshirt if you don't use it? Here” he scolded and gave his umbrella, “ Take that and don't get sick. Tsk. Baka! Freedom must have limits. Take care”

 

The stranger left leaving Dhes just standing there dumbstruck, and awed. She was just reprimanded. Reprimanded by tall stranger with a deep baritone voice that melts someones heart and turns them into a giggling puddle of goo. Just like her state now. 

 

How easily she falls for beautiful creatures even though she was just called Baka..

 


Baka?!! 

 

Eh?!

 

Now she was fuming.. a stranger calling her stupid..

 

Huff

 

But on second thought. It might be the first time she heard a “Baka” so endearing.

 

 

Note from writer:

Dhes,  i know you have waited and its a bit boring.  Ill make it up haha.  Let me know ur thoughts.