Reunited.

ed up love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years, 2 years has passed. 2 years, and I am 18 years old, which means I’m entering adulthood and guess where I got a job at? Hospital! I am just interning, yet I enjoy it a lot. I get to enter surgeries, watch them from afar and it’s fascinating. Even though I am interning, it’s a lot of work because I had to help the professor with papers and check their patients up and know what is expected of a report. Just like now, I am running from door to door as my shift is going to end soon but I have reports to submit, paper work to submit so I am doing my best to hand the papers over to the reception counter. I was walking past a room, the door was open a little and I heard a very familiar voice… A sweet melodic voice, yet I can’t remember whose… I shook my head and quickly rushed down the corridor. I looked at my watch as my heels clicked against the marble-like floor. I made it to the reception counter and submitted the paper work, wiping my sweat as the girl chuckle. “Well isn’t it the intern, Sae Hanuel? You’re really working hard to submit papers on time aren’t you?” I laughed and lightly nudged her “Stop teasing me Leliah.”

Leliah was an american girl who came to Korea for her husband and she’s happily married with 3 kids, a 4th is on the way. She met her husband when she was working as a waitress in America, how ironic when she spilled coffee on him and instead of reprimanding her, he was swept off his feet by her beauty. Even now, after 15 years of marriage, he still finds her beautiful and they are still like a newly wedded couple. She smiled when a pair of heels came running over and I looked at the girl “woah woah woah! What’s the rush Ji?” It was Jisoo and from what I heard, she’s got a younger sister and she’s so in love with her younger sister and she’s taking care of her younger sister at the moment since her parents are always out on a business trip. “My sister fell sick and I don’t end until I’ve done my rounds. I’m hoping someone can help me.” She looked so frantic and I sigh before reaching out my hand in which Leliah watched with amusement and a raised brow “give me. I’ll check for you. You rush home to your sister.” Jisoo had gratitude in her eyes and bowed before running off “I haven’t finish this corridor. Please and thank you!” She rushed off as I sigh when Leliah spoke up “You know you ended your shift but you’re being a saint for Jisoo? You know how much that girl lies.” I looked at Leliah with a disapproving look.

“She looks really panicky and I feel bad for her at times. Anyways. I’ll go do my rounds.” I winked as she laughed “maybe we should grab some Korean barbecue! I’m totAlly CRAVING those!” I laughed as I nodded “sure. We’re both ending soon aren’t we?” I smirked as I walked to the door at the end and looked through the list, greeting each of them and explaining to them about what I do and why I’m the one checking. The last patient on the list, I flipped to the last patient’s chart and my eyes flutter a little.

Name ; Kim Jennie.

“There’s no way it’ll be her.” I whisper as I walked to that room in my heels, my heels clicking against the marble floor and I really dread going, it was my gut feeling that I didn’t like. I opened the sliding door and I heard that familiar deep husky voice that I can’t remember whose. “it’s alright. You’re going to be alright Jen. We have so much left to do. You can’t leave me now…” I heard him whisper “I know.” A weak voice followed “But it’s so painful. I want it to end.” I walked closer to the bed and that’s when the moonlight shows… Jennie, bald and on the bed, her breathing getting weaker and Sehun is sitting there, holding her hand, crying as he looked at me and both of us had the same thought due to the same expression. “What are the odds?”

“Here’s some coffee.” I offered to Sehun, we are now on the roof, it’s black, dark and there’s nobody around. It’s 9pm, visiting hours are long over and the patients are having their usual routine of check up before sleep. Sehun’s eyes were a little puffy as I looked at him and sigh, drinking my coffee “so what happened?” I asked, whispering as Sehun smiled a little “I guess.. she got unlucky, her cancer cells spread and she’s suffering so much that they had to double up the morphine but I hate how drowsy she gets. We basically can’t talk.” I sigh as Sehun was about to get into another fit as I sat down beside him and pushed his head onto my shoulder, it was something I did when we were younger so I guess it doesn’t make a difference and nothing changed but it felt a little awkward. The breeze blew slightly and I knew Joo wouldn’t love what he’s seeing now but at least.. Joo is working the night shift, he won’t be able to bring me out for dinner and Leliah also had last minute plans with her husband, leaving me with Sehun. After 10 minutes of him sobbing into my sleeve, he grew quiet before saying “You haven’t changed one bit Hanuel.” I hummed, wondering what he was saying before he smirked “You still like taking advantage of me.” I processed it and made a “PFFT” before pushing him off my shoulders and fake dusted dirt off my shoulder

“Oh look, Oh Sehun soiled my clothes, time to bring it to the laundry.” I said with the utmost emotionless tone with a poker face. Sehun took a while before he got a hurt expression “Wait, I thought you were joking, now that just hurt.” He clutch his heart as I stuck out a tongue and pulled my cheeks, to show my eyelids, it was what kids do when they are teasing. We ended up laughing and we sipped our coffee after a little silence. “So… How are you?” Sehun asked as I chuckle “Do you really ask that question? I thought our friendship was beyond that.” I mindlessly replied as he chuckled “Right.” He said, “Our friendship WAS way beyond that point… what happened?” he looked at me and for once, I felt guilty as I looked away, I wasn’t feeling guilt or anything, I just didn’t have a legit answer. “I guess.. 2 years and a lot of happened. We grew up Sehun. We have our own lives to live.” I said and he nodded “And 2 years passed but nothing changed.” Sehun whispered, but since he muttered, I couldn’t hear what it was. “Huh? What did you say?” I asked and Sehun chuckle a little “Nothing.” The breeze blew us for a little “For your question… I am fine.” I said, I wanted to tell him that Joo and I are dating but he cut off that. “How is Joo? He and his girlfriend doing alright?” I look at Sehun with a raised brow, it seemed like he was talking about a third party.

“Erm… We are doing fine…?” I said questioningly as Sehun looked at me wide eye before raising a brow and rubbing his nape “did I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter