CHAPTER 4

BEHIND THIS MASK

@renachun: here's your dooseob! i hope you'd like it. :)

 

~`~`~`~`~`~

 

 

A week after Seobie returned from Japan, she was back for the school year. She had finished her requirements and is now a 2nd year HRM student. She went directly to the Registrars Office to get her Enrollment Certificate.

She was walking towards the office when she heard voices coming from the door in front. She wasn’t the type to snoop, but the voices were so loud not to get noticed. She really didn’t care but as if there was a force pushing her to open the door. She opened the door to stop whatever the people there were doing but she froze when she saw what was happening. A couple was kissing on the teacher’s table. Two buttons of the guy’s uniform were open and his hands were around the girl’s waste.

“Yah! What’s with you? Can’t you see we’re busy?” The girl snapped at her. She hated it when people look at her as if she had done something wrong. She hated being judged by others so she was always keeping herself away from people.

“If you want to do things like what you were doing, you should have chosen a place where no one would see and hear you. I’m sorry for the intrusion.” She didn’t want to make the situation worse so she just closed the door and left.

A hand stopped her when she started walking. When she looked at the owner of the hands, she saw a very good looking guy. She had jet black hair and brooding eyes that looks like it is looking straight through her soul. She grabbed her hand back because she felt a sort of electricity flowing with the simple contact.

“Thanks for barging in at the room. If it wasn’t for you, I would have been right there. So, you want to do it with me instead? You look way better than her anyway.” He smirked. His voice sounded so masculine. If only they met under another circumstance, she would have liked him at once.

“I think what you were doing with her has your consent. You wouldn’t be since it seemed like you were having fun as well. I only did that because I was bothered by your noise. If you’ll excuse me, I’m going. I have no time for people like you.” She said coldly and left.

 

Doojoon was left dumb-founded. It was the first time in his entire existence that someone treated him as if he had some kind of communicable disease. No one ever snobs and refuses him - especially girls. This was the first time.  And this will leave a very big scar on his ego.

He ran after the girl and saw her enter the Registrar’s Office. The staff was about to greet him when he stopped her. She just nodded and continued with her work.

“Ms. Park, here is your Enrollment Certificate, your new ID and your class schedule. I hope you’d continue doing your best. Japan Hotel called and they were so pleased with your service during your OJT. I am so glad that we have a great student like you.” Ms. Kim, the registrar stated. It isn’t her nature to talk casually with people so she does it in other ways. She just courteously smiled. 

She left the office. Doojoon entered as soon as she was out of sight.

 

“Mr. Yang, what brought you here today? I thought you don’t have class for this day.” Ms. Kim was surprised seeing him here. He doesn’t usually go there unless he has a class, or when he comes for a female student.

“The girl who just left, I want her student profile. I met her at the hallway and she just snob me. How can she do that? To me, Yang Doojoon?” He was really stunned with what happened. He is Yang Doojoon. He gets what he wants, and she isn’t an exception.

“So, someone had finally ignored you. The student profiles are private Doojoon so I can’t give it to you. But I can tell you that she is the HRM Department’s most talented student. She was recently complimented by Japan Hotel with her excellent service at the hotel. She is one of the IAUS pride, and she is the incumbent USC President.” And I think you found your match in her.

 

So, she is one of the university’s prides, and the USC President. Well then, I think I’ll be enjoying this year’s school year.

 

Seobie stopped on her tracks when she had left the school grounds. She can’t believe she talked to a stranger like that. It was the first time that she talked instead of ignoring a person. She would usually just ignore people who talks to her when she had nothing important to say.

He is good looking, but he’s rude. His voice sounds like music to my ears, but I don’t like the way he talked to me. Yah, what am I saying?! I shouldn’t think about him. ANDWAE!

 

“Hey lady, you forgot something.”

She looked at the person who spoke and was shocked with what happened next.