Friends?

니가 제일 싫어 I hate you the most

Saturday.

Junhyung spent an hour or so just picking out an outfit to wear at the B-Boy and Ballerina show. As Junhyung changed from one shirt to another, he realized how pathetic he looked choosing an outfit. What was this, a date? Would it be considered a date? It wasn't as if Hyunseung told him, I want to go out with you. But he and Hyunseung were going to a show... at night... just the two of them... probably grabing a bite to eat after. How could it not be a date?

“You’re delusional… as always…” Junhyung told himself. He decided to pick his coolest outfit and wear them as how he’d usually wear them at school. A black v-neck tucked in his dark acid wash jeans, matched with a gold belt, a pair of black piercings, and Jeremy Scott shoes.
 
He took one last look at himself in the mirror. “Don’t overthink it, Yong Jaesoon. This isn’t a date. It’s just a peace offering from Hyunseung… the guy you’ve loved since elementary… ah …” Junhyung covered his face in embarrassment. How was he going to face his first love?
 
 ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫
 
Junhyung was 30 minutes early. The anxiousness got to him. Would it be considered weird that he was early? Maybe. Only guys waiting for their dates would wait this long. 
 
‘THIS IS NOT A DATE!’ shouted in his mind, as a reminder to not make a fool out of himself. Junhyung was holding his ticket, playing with it, flicking it — to pass the time as he continued to wait. 
 
Junhyung checked the time on his phone and it was 5 past 7pm. The show was going to start at 7:15pm. Was he stood up?
 
‘It can’t be… He was the one that bought the ticket. He can’t NOT go to the show…’
 
7:20pm 
 
'Probably stuck in traffic or something...' Junhyung gave Hyunseung the benefit of the doubt. The theatre lobby was crowded but after the show had started, fewer people remained in the lobby and Junhyung was one of them. Silently pacing back and forth, he continued to wait. It didn't matter if he missed some parts of the show, it would be embarrassing to just go in without meeting the friend that gave him the ticket.
 
Friend. Were they really friends now? After 40 more minutes of waiting, Junhyung wasn't too sure if the offer of being friends was still acceptable now that he was sure he was stood up.
 
"Aish... he makes me wait for more than an hour? I shouldn't have come early then... I knew this was too good to be true..." Junhyung crumpled up his ticket and put it in his pocket. He missed one of his most favorite dance shows and it was because Hyunseung couldn't keep his promise.
 
"Truce... che... what truce." Junhyung's final words before leaving the theatre, shamed. "Jang Hyunseung, I hate you..." he mumbled.
 
 ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫
 
Monday.
 
Junhyung arrived in class and Hyunseung wasn't there. Junhyung assumed that Hyunseung was too ashamed to show his face to the former, which made perfect sense. Why show yourself to the person you stood up? That would just cross the line. When the class had finally begun, after half-an-hour Hyunseung still hadn't arrived. Not as if Junhyung was counting the minutes...
 
Tuesday.
 
Again, no sign of Hyunseung in class. Junhyung started to become curious.
 
'Did something happen?' Junhyung asked himself. 'No no, you don't care. It's none of your business.' Junhyung then ignored the fact that Hyunseung wasn't around. At least... he tried to ignore it.
 
Wednesday.
 
Thursday.
 
Friday.
 
A week later.
 
'I'm going crazy... Aish!' Junhyung needed to find out what happened to Hyunseung. He wasn't supposed to care about the one who stood him up the weekend before... but he had to know why Hyunseung was not around.
 
 ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫
 
"Excuse me," Junhyung went inside the College of Music's Student Registrar's office and asked the secretary at the front desk, "Do you happen to have the profile of student Jang Hyunseung?"
 
"Jang Hyunseung?"
 
"Ne..."
 
"He's been hospitalized."
 
"Eh?" Junhyung's eyes widened.
 
"He got into an accident and won't be back in school until next--"
 
"Which hospital is he in?!"
 
"E-Excuse me?"
 
"WHICH HOSPITAL?!"
 
"H-He's staying at DC Hospital... But I don't--Wait! Mister! MISTER, NO RUNNING!"
 
Like out of instinct, Junhyung ran out of the office in a flash and took the bus to DC Hospital. He didn't have a second thought when he heard Hyunseung was in an accident. Junhyung's heart was racing. What kind of accident was it? A motorcycle accident? A car accident? A lot of students get into accidents nowadays, Junhyung knew that. Which is why his instinct to know Hyunseung's condition was over the top. 
 
'Even if I'm mad... I can never not care about that bastard...' Junhyung thought.
 
The bus stopped right in front of the hospital and Junhyung dashed through the automatic sliding doors of the entrance. At the receptionist's desk, he asked the nurse, "Excuse me, where is patient Jang Hyunseung?"

"What's your relation to him?"
 
"I'm his..." Junhyung paused. What were they exactly? "I-I'm his...his..."

"He's my friend," a voice from behind said.
 
Junhyung turned around and was surprised to see -- Hyunseung in a wheelchair.

"Jang Hyunseung?"

"Yong Junhyung, how did you know I was here?" Hyunseung asked as he rolled the wheels of his chair to get closer to Junhyung.
 
Junhyung didn't know how to respond to the question. He was concerned about Hyunseung's absence and he asked the registrar's office to know his whereabouts, that's how he knew where the latter was. But--that would be too much to share.

"I-I just asked around." Junhyung cleared his throat and started rubbing the back of his neck, it was getting awkward for him.

"I'm sorry about not meeting you at the show. I was really on my way to meet you when I tripped in the middle of the street. And when I was on the ground, a motorcycle rider didn't see me so he ran over my ankle."

"Wow..."

"I know. Haha! I'll be fine though," Hyunseung still showed his bright, naive smile. For a person to have endured such pain and still smile like a goofball, it amazed Junhyung. "Did you enjoy the show at least?"

"I... didn't go..."

"You didn't? Why?"

Junhyung bit his lip in shyness. He wanted to say because he thought he was ditched but instead, "It's weird going to such a show alone. So I just left."

"Ooh... well, once I get out of here, I'll take you to STOMP."

"Really?"

"Of course! What are friends for?" Hyunseung laughed his goofy laugh.

Friends. Junhyung wasn't fond of the idea but seeing Hyunseung smile, being close to him, seeing the latter's efforts in forgetting their hateful past... Junhyung could come to liking the idea of becoming friends.
 
But his heart would feel more pain than it did before. Sooner or later... his feelings would be revealed. How would their friendship turn out after that?
 
 ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫
 
AUTHOR'S NOTES
 
I'm sorry if this is another short update. I don't like long chapters... I usually write chapters one event at a time. If you compile too many events into one chapter, you'll feel like everything is rushed. We'll let things slowly build up here.
 
This chapter shows just how much Junhyung loves Hyunseung... even if 6 years have gone by, he can't not love him. We'll see how long Junhyung can handle being friends before his heart explodes and he exposes the truth about his feelings. XD; Ahaha~!
 
I'm actually excited for the next few chapters. ^^ Hope everyone enjoys this update... and if you comment, the more updates will come.
 
I'm super duper busy this week but next week I'm not as busy! Let's see where the story goes~

PS: I forgot to mention. STOMP is a dance company. Famous for making beats with the use of their feet and hands, no music.