I hate you the most

니가 제일 싫어 I hate you the most

We all had our childhood friends. But for Jang Hyunseung and Yong Jaesoon, these two were childhood enemies.

"Give that back!" a 5-year old Hyunseung demanded as he jumped up and down to reach for his bag.

"Haha! Grow taller, shorty!" a 5-year old Jaesoon was laughing hysterically while he pushed Hyunseung back with one hand and his other hand held up Hyunseung's bag in the air, the shorter one unable to reach it no matter how hard he tried.

"Give it back, you jerk! Give it!"

When Jaesoon had enough, he dropped the bag intentionally, "Whoops. I'm not sorry. Haha!"

Hyunseung grabbed his bag from floor and hugged it tightly. "Yong Jaesoon! You're mean!"

"Is that all you got for me, shorty? Haha!"

Hyunseung pouted his lips, his big doe eyes about to tear up when he retorted, "Yong Jaesoon's an ugly name! It's ugly!"
and ran off crying without looking back at the mean boy that stole his bag.

Jaesoon watched the short boy run away but the last few words he heard got to him. 'Yong Jaesoon's an ugly name' When little Jaesoon got home, he immediately asked his mom, "Mom... is Jaesoon an ugly name?"

"What? Of course not, dear! It's a classic name. It's very nice."

With that said, little Jaesoon was content with his name -- that was.. until he reached school the next day. Everyone began teasing him about his name. They all giggled and reiterated his name as if it were an alien name "Jaesoon-ah, your name is weird! Haha!" "Yong Jaesoon! Hahaha!" The teacher wasn't in the classroom yet so Jaesoon had no one to run to. Hyunseung kept looking at him, Jaesoon knew it was all Hyunseung's fault.

Jaesoon ran outside the classroom and continued to cry in the hallway. With his back bent over and arms on his knees, the tears kept falling like raindrops. Then a kid appeared in front of him and handed him a handkerchief. It was placed on his arm. Jaesoon looked up to see who it was, but the kid zoomed off -- Jaesoon heard the footsteps. A few seconds later, a kid from another class was walking down the hallway and saw Jaesoon with a teary face.

"Hey, kid, why are you crying?" he asked.

Jaesoon wiped the tears from his eyes using the handkerchief given to him by the stranger, "It's nothing! I-I'm not crying!"

"You look like you're crying to me..." the kid reach inside his pants pocket and brought out a piece of candy. "Here, you can have it."

Jaesoon just looked at the candy then back at the kid, "Really?"

"Sure." When Jaesoon got the candy, the kid sat beside him and placed his arm around Jaesoon. "No need to cry anymore. By the way, I'm Doojoon. Yoon Doojoon. I'm from the class next door."

Jaesoon unwrapped the candy and put it in his mouth, "I'm Yong Jaesoon"

"Yong Jaesoon?"

Jaesoon was then alarmed - maybe this kid would make fun of his name, too.

"You don't look like a Jaesoon. You look older than I am. You look like a hyung... a... Junhyung!"

"Junhyung?"

"Yeah! That can be a nickname for you! The Jun from my name can be yours, too! We can both be Jun!"

Jaesoon smiled. No one's ever nicknamed him before. Somehow, this kid he just met was someone cool and dfferent, epecially the fact that he didn't for his name, it meant positive points in Jaesoon's book. Ever since that day, the two began to hang out together as friends. Every lunch period, they'd be playing games in the field and running around.

This continued on until Elementary -- including the teasing towards Hyunseung.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Jaesoon, now called Junhyung, and Doojoon were playing their gameboys when Hyunseung, wearing thick-rimmed glasses and carrying a stack of books, passed them by. Junhyung quickly noticed the geeky looking boy and gave his gameboy for Doojoon to hold. Doojoon then looked up from his game console and his best friend had caught up to a classmate of theirs.

"Jang Hyunseung, where's your allowance?"

"...why do you wanna know, Yong Jaesoon?"

"I told you before, I'm Yong Junhyung now!"

"Like I care," Hyunseung held his head up high and continued walking, only to be tripped over by Junhyung's foot. Hyunseung's chin was scraped and his books scattered on the grass of the school's front yard. Junhyung laughed hard -- but to Hyunseung, it was no laughing matter. He stood up and patted himself to remove the dirt from his uniform, removed his glasses, put it in his pocket and swung his arm towards Junhyung. Junhyung was hit and fell down to the ground, Doojoon came to his aid.

"Yah! What did you do?!" Doojoon yelled angrily.

"If you keep bothering me, I swear, I'll hurt you and make the pain worse!" Hyunseung threatened

"You--Jang Hyunseung!" Junhyung got on his feet and punched Hyunseung on the cheek in return.

"Junhyung-ah! No!" Doojoon shouted.

Hyunseung and Junhyung became so mad at each other, the two grabbed each other by the collars of their uniforms and just hit at any part of the other's body. Doojoon tried getting in-between them but it was no use, the two were rough-housing like crazy maniac children. A teacher seemingly walked by and when she saw them, she immediately stopped the two 11-year olds.

"Yong Jaesoon! Jang Hyunseung! What are you two doing?! Stop this instant!

On one hand, she held onto Hyunseung's ear; On the other, she held onto Junhyung's ear.

"You two are gonna visit the principal's office. This is definitely not behavior we're promoting. Yoon Doojoon, keep away the gameboy if you don't want it confiscated."

Doojoon raised his eyebrows and swiftly placed the consoles in his and Junhyung's backpacks. The teacher then brought the two naughty boys to the principal's office - the punishment wasn't looking good.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Junhyung and Hyunseung were forced in clean-up duty for the entire floor of the 3rd year middle school classrooms, as punishment for their 56th fight. The two 15-year olds have been so used to cleaning up as punishment since elementary, nothing was new, not even their feelings towards each other.

"You're an ," Hyunseung commented about Junhyung.

"You're a crazy bastard," Junhyung said as a comeback.

Hyunseung and Junhyung shared an angry glare for a few seconds then continued to mop the floor.

"Yong Jaesoon--"

"It's been years and you still call me that name. It's Junhyung now. Jun. Hyung. Idiot."

Hyunseung rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Ugh. Fine. Yong Junhyung."

"What?"

"...Nevermind."

Junhyung's eyebrows met in the middle, making a crease. He was confused, first Hyunseung called for him then didn't mind it. Junhyung shook his head and didn't care. Suddenly, a girl walked inside the classroom. Hyunseung's eyes lit up, it was his girlfriend, Kim Hyuna.

"Oh, Hyuna-yah! Are you here to wait for me?" Hyunseung asked in such a happy tone, Junhyung was disgusted.

"...uhm...Hyunseung-oppa, we're breaking up."

Hyunseung's jaw dropped, mop fell and whole world crashed before him in seconds. "Wh-what...what did you say?"

Hyuna joyfully skipped towards Junhyung and wrapped her arm around his arm, "I'm with Junhyung-oppa now!"

"...Jun...Junhyung...oppa?"

Junhyung scratched the back of his head and cleared his throat, this was awkward. Hyunseung's kept glaring at Junhyung as we walked towards him, "Yong Junhyung...no... Yong Jaesoon... you knew that she was my girlfriend. You knew that I liked her! So you stole her!"

"Hey, calm do--" Junhyung's face met with Hyunseung's fist.

"Junhyung-oppa!" Hyuna yelled in concern. She was on her knees and covered Junhyung's face, "Yah! Hyunseung-oppa!!

Junhyung rubbed the stinging bruise on his cheek. When he had sat up, he looked at Hyunseung and the latter had the same angry face he made in elementary school, a face Junhyung knew too well.

"...I hate you."

"Jang Hyunseung..."

"I f-cking hate you! I hate you the most, Yong Jaesoon! I HATE YOU!" Hyunseung stormed out of the classroom, pushing down everything in sight -- the chairs, the books, the papers... until he left the school. He couldn't take it. He was at his breaking point. He wished and prayed that he'd never see Junhyung's face ever again.

He didn't think it'd come true in a flash.

"You're kidding... he's moving?" the following week, Hyunseung asked his friends Dongwoon and Kikwang about Junhyung.

"Yeah. He's moving to Busan," Kikwang replied.

"Today's our middle school graduation. He's missing this? Last week we had another fight. And the week before that, we dance-battled in the street... it didn't seem like he was leaving..."

Dongwoon answered, "Apparently, he kept it a secret. Even to Yoon Doojoon, he didn't say he was moving."

A part of Hyunseung was glad, ecstatic even. It meant there wouldn't be anymore bullying or fighting. There was no more name-calling and physical strain. But for some reason... he wasn't 100 percent happy.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Kikwang asked. He could see the look in his friend's face - like he had lost someone.

"It's nothing! I'm glad he's gone! I don't have to see that son of a ! Let's go graduate!" Hyunseung plastered a smile on his face as he and his friends went to the auditorium for their graudation ceremony. As the valedictorian of the school spoke his long speech, seated amongst the other 3rd year middle schoolers, at the back of Hyunseung's mind he wondered what it would be like without Junhyung.

They spent years fighting, years battling it out in dancing, years just acknowledging each other's existence like an annoying fly, always there making noise and bothering you. Now that Junhyung was actually gone... Hyunseung couldn't imagine the future.

"...who cares. Good riddance. I hate him the most, anyways."

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

AUTHOR'S NOTES

*EDUCATION SYSTEM OF KOREA! 6 years of elementary, 3 years of middle school (junior high) and 3 years of high school.
[ Some of you may be from countries that don't have middle school, like me. My country has no middle school. So I researched about the education in S. Korea ^^ ]

Yes! I did it! I wrote the first chapter! /phew/ It was tough to write, honestly. Hehe. It's quite hard to just sit and write, coming up with ideas. You didn't get too confused with the transition of ther lives, did you? From pre-school to elementary to middle school. It's not that tough to follow... hopefully.

I'm excited to write the next chapter~~ but I'm gonna rest for a while. Tralala.

Comments are welcomed. Subsrcibers are loved. ^o^