Chapter 47

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up awkwardly the next morning.  My phone was beeping somewhere but I had no idea where it was.  I sat up rubbing my eyes, and felt the weight of my anger from the night seep back into me. 

I got up looking around for my phone and went to make coffee.  As it was brewing I checked the messages on my phone. 

Jonghyun, Key, Minho, Jinki, Jongin, Jen.  Every one of them had left me a message or several. 

Jonghyun had left the most asking how my night went, how surprising Jen went and then teasing me because I hadn’t answered anything how it ‘must have been a good night, wink wink.’

I felt sick as I read through the other messages.  I was hesitant as I looked at the message from Jen.

J: Have a safe flight back today.  I can’t wait to see you.  I don’t want to fight. Xxx

I started to feel guilty reading it, and my anger subsided.  She did miss me.  She didn’t want to break up with me. 

I drank my coffee and started to feel a bit better.  I bitterly regretted throwing the flowers I bought last night away knowing I would buy some more again. 

I decided to not waste the day moping around so I got a shower, got dressed and went to get more flowers before I found myself in front of her door again. 

I felt the same excitement as I did last night, but it was mixed with the same sinking feeling I felt when I overheard her conversation.  I decided to knock at the door instead of letting myself in. 

I waited patiently on the doorstep until I could hear footsteps approaching and the door unlocking.

I stood there with the roses in my hand and a shy smile on my face. 

Jen answered the door looking as beautiful as ever and after it registered that it was me standing there she squealed and smiled.

‘What is this??’ she asked excitedly. 

I put my free arm around her and pulled her in for a hug and a kiss before handing over the flowers.

‘It’s our Valentine’s day.’ I said proudly feeling a lot better that I had successfully surprised her.

‘Oh my god, Tae these are beautiful,’ she said taking them from me and taking my hand with her free hand, leading me into the apartment. 

I decided not to mention I had overheard her last night, I didn’t want to fight with her either after the message she sent me this morning. 

‘You’re here so early, I thought your flight wasn’t until later on.’ She said running around putting the flowers in a vase.

‘I took an earlier flight to be with you.’ I said vaguely.

She looked over at me over her shoulder and smiled shyly. When the roses where in the vase she came over to where I was stood awkwardly and put her arms around my neck, looking up at me, she was smiling. 

‘I did miss you a lot.’ She whispered.  ‘I’m sorry I’ve been grumpy on the phone with you.’ She pouted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter