Chapter 44

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This one is dedicated to my sister.  She asked for it, so I wrote it.  I apologise in advance! 

 

The next day at 6 pm I made my way over to the new apartment to meet Jen and her sister so we could travel to the restaurant together.  I had the code to the apartment so I just let myself in.  She knew I was on my way as I had texted her telling her so.

When I walked in I could hear laughing and Baekhyun’s unique tones.  Jen hadn’t told me he was here.  Then I heard Chanyeol’s deep voice that stopped me dead.  He was here.  Great.  I really didn’t factor in seeing him today especially not here, and I really didn’t want them to come with us. 

Jen ran through the kitchen and into the hall to greet me.  Kissing me and then dropping her voice and saying ‘I’m sorry, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are here.  They wanted to see the place and meet Sarah.’ She looked up at me with her eyes full of apologies I instantly knew I didn’t want to fight about it, even though inside I was burning.  I just nodded and told her ‘It’s ok, are they coming to dinner with us?’ Praying inwardly that they were not.

To my great relief, she shook her head. ‘No, they said they have plans, so they’re not staying, that’s why they came now.’

I sighed a little too loudly, telling her I was glad, and she gave me a sorry smile.  I ruffled her hair to let her know I wasn’t that upset.  Even though I was.

I took a deep breath and walked into the living room behind her. 

I greeted Sarah who smiled up at me from her position on the sofa.  Baekhyun was next to her looking as animated as usual. 

‘Taemin-shi, how are you?’ he asked me getting up to greet me, almost too politely. 

‘Good, you?’ I asked a little more stiffly than I intended. 

He nodded in response.  I looked around and saw Chanyeol sitting on the floor to my left, he looked too big and awkward to be sat almost cross legged on the floor.

‘Taemin Hyung’ he addressed me.  I could just about nod at him. 

I followed Jen onto the sofa on the opposite wall.  ‘Baekhyun was telling us about being in Singapore last week.’ Jen told me. 

‘Oh yeah? How’s the tour going?’ I asked him to try to be polite. 

‘Good, good.’ He told me almost lazily. ‘Manilla next week right Chan?’ He said throwing Chanyeol a look over his shoulder.

‘Yeah the Philippines for two shows,’ Chanyeol nodded keeping his eyes on the floor.

‘Then America!’ exclaimed Baekhyun with a massive grin.  ‘You guys start touring again, soon right?’

‘Yeah just over two weeks and we are doing the Japanese tour’ I told him. ‘When are you back from America?’

‘Oh um, end of February?  We only have 5 shows, but they’re all over, so a lot of travelling.’ He told me.

I knew most of this from Jongin, but I wanted to try and make polite conversation anyway.  My mind had gone blank from the surprise of them being here.  I still wasn’t comfortable around Chanyeol.

‘Hey, do you mind if I shower? We have to go in an hour?’ I turned to tell Jen.

‘Yeah sure, your stuff is in the wardrobe.’ She told me.

I said my goodbyes to Baekhyun and nodded to Chanyeol hoping they wouldn’t be there when I was ready. 

I showered and took my time getting dressed.  Eventually, I heard the sounds of goodbyes and the door closing and emerged from the bedroom.

‘I’m just going to finish getting ready,’ Jen told me almost as soon as I sat down on the sofa.  I looked at my watch and saw it was 6.45pm.  We had to go soon. 

Sarah looked ready to go and was sat in the living room with me.

‘So how was meeting Baekhyun?’ I asked her subconsciously not saying Chanyeol as well.

‘It was good, but it’s a little unreal if I’m honest,’ she told me.  I blinked at her a few times the way I did when I was nervous meeting new people and smiled sheepishly. ‘Why?’ I asked, thinking what a stupid question it was to ask.

She looked a little embarrassed as she answered.  ‘I’ve been a ‘fan’ (she made air quotation marks as she said fan) way longer than Jen has, so it’s kind of weird to meet you all.’

‘Me included?’ I asked relaxing a little at the fact she was shy too.

‘You especially, it’s totally bizarre you’re dating my sister.’ She grinned.

‘Yeah, I guess it would be.’ I sat thinking for a while. ‘She’s great though, I never thought I’d meet someone like her in my whole life.’

She smiled widely.  ‘She’s definitely unique.  I’m glad she met you, not just because I’m a fan of you all.  But she seems happy again, she hasn’t been happy in a long time.’ She finished solemnly.

I nodded understanding exactly what she meant but not knowing exactly how to reply.

‘I can tell you love her.’ She said out of the blue.

‘I do.’ I said with a wide grin.  I was starting to relax a little in her presence.  ‘Now, are you ready for the biggest test?’ I asked her standing up.

‘What?’ she asked giving me a confused look. 

‘Kibum, Jonghyun, Minho and Jinki’ I said simply.

She began to look extremely frightened. 

‘Don’t worry, they will love you like they love your sister.’ I told her as Jen walked back into the living

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter