Chapter 42

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up still on the sofa, still on my back but a blanket had been placed over me in the night. 

I opened my eyes looking around, Jongin was still on the chair, curled up in a ball like a cat, fast asleep, also with a blanket thrown over him. 

I looked around for anyone else but no one else was in the room.  I slowly peeled myself off the sofa and went to the bathroom, when I finished, I made my way into the kitchen where I found Jonghyun.

‘Good morning sunshine.’ He grinned making coffee. 

‘Mornin’,’ I yawned back at him, slipping down onto one of the stools and rubbing my eyes.

‘Coffee sweetheart?’ He asked me.  I nodded without looking up at him my head still in my hands.

‘Who else is still here?’ I managed to ask him as he handed me the black coffee. 

He settled into the stool next to me and said ‘Jongin is in the living room still, Key is in a guest room and Jen should be in your room.’

‘I see, and you stayed?’ I asked.

‘I didn’t leave and come back precious.’ He teased me.  Of course not. 

I took a sip of the hot coffee and could instantly feel it working on me.

‘How long was I asleep for before you went to bed?’ I asked him.

‘Oh, about an hour or so, Jongin crashed out first, then you, Key groaned on the floor a lot before Jen moved him to a bed room, and she talked to me a little before offering me the other bedroom.  I helped her clean up a little.’

‘You weren’t so drunk.’ I stated.

‘Not as much as you.’ He retorted.

I shook my head drinking more coffee.  ‘I heard you talking a little before I fell asleep.’ I told him.

‘Yeah she’s worried about you.  Being young.’

‘Being young, Yeah I remember hearing something like that.’ I searched my head for what she said.

He nodded drinking his own coffee.  ‘She’s worried she’s too old for you.’ He said.

I looked at him thinking it over.   He gave me a knowing look.

I just shook my head at him.  He knew I thought that was ridiculous.  I didn’t have to say it to him.

We drank the coffee in silence for the next few minutes.  I thought over my daydream from yesterday watching her cooking in my kitchen, imagining her as my wife.  It brought over a sense of déjà vu from last night.  It came back to me, I had been dreaming about us in the future, with two kids.  A boy, the older one who looked exactly like her, deep brown eyes and light almost auburn hair.  He was crying in the kitchen and I was watching Jen comfort him.  She picked him up easily in her arms and cuddled him into her his head whispering ‘It’s ok baby boy don’t cry’.  I had our daughter in my arms, who looked exactly like me, the same shape eyes as me, and jet-black hair.  She was younger maybe 2 years old, and she was looking up at me with all the love in the world.

I finished my coffee and looked at Jonghyun who was looking through his phone.

‘I think I want to marry her.’ I told him.

His head snapped up to look at me.  He looked surprised for a second, then a big grin appeared on his face. He began to get excited.

‘Really?’ he was practically bouncing with glee.

I had literally thought it when I said it out loud to him.  But the more excited he got the more it seemed to be a great idea to me. 

Jongin walked in at that moment looking confuse about where he was. 

‘Your chair is so uncomfortable to sleep on.’ He complained grabbing a cup and making a coffee for himself.

I chuckled. ‘Don’t fall asleep on it then.’ I told him.

‘Yeah you’re too heavy to move.’ Said Jonghyun who went back to his phone his excitement died down.  He wasn’t going to bring up what I had just admitted to him to anyone else, not even Jongin if I didn’t first. 

Jongin drank his coffee quickly telling us he had to leave soon, he had to head back to the dorms, they had a schedule to keep this afternoon.  He left telling me to thank Jen again for his gifts and wishing us a Happy Christmas.

When I came back to the kitchen from seeing Jongin out Key had appeared looking fresh and clean and attempting to make pancakes.

‘He can cook?’ I asked Jonghyun who scoffed into his third coffee. 

‘I can hear you.’ Key complained from the stove. 

‘I hope it tastes good, I was going to order something when everyone woke up.’ Said Jonghyun.

‘I can cook you know, I just haven’t cooked for you before.’ Key said.

‘Why not?’ Jonghyun asked sounding hurt.

‘Because you’re annoying.’ He replied quickly.  I giggled while Jonghyun huffed.  Key grinned at me winking.

‘I’m only kidding Jong, don’t pout princess’ he . 

The pancakes were actually delicious.  I was about to start on my second plate full when Jen rolled in, looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter