Chapter 37

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had to get back into work pretty much straight away.  I had SHINee commitments to deal with as well as learning the new choreography for my own song, which I was having to film the MV for in a few weeks just before Christmas. 

It was busy and Jen was home a lot alone.  I knew she had been in contact with Chanyeol again but somehow, I wasn’t feeling as bothered by it as I thought I would be.  I don’t know if it was because I was busy or because I was happy she was not going crazy, or whether somehow the fact we were public made it more difficult for Chanyeol to try and pursue her, I wasn’t sure.

 

The fans reaction to our statement pretty much went down as we thought.  Not great initially, as it usually doesn’t when an idol is found to be in a relationship, but thankfully the threatening letters had decreased a lot. 

I told Jen about all the articles that we had found, and while I stayed up late and read them and got more and more angry, she refused to read any of them, saying she just didn’t need to know what was being said about her.  I marvelled at her ability to cut it off, and detach from it, even though I knew I would be the same if it was about myself, this was different, I couldn’t not read what they were writing about the person I loved.  I needed to know, and while there was the occasional nice thing said about her, there were at least 10 nasty and untrue things said to go with it. 

One-day Jinki pulled me aside after Jonghyun had told him I was torturing myself reading them and he told me seriously I just had to stop.

‘It’s not good for you Taemin, we can see it affecting you, and it will affect you on stage, you’ve got to stop.  If Jen doesn’t read them you don’t either.  It’s for your own good.’ He told me.

I knew he was right and I tried to stop.  It got easier as they stopped writing so much about us, and I was also so busy with work.

 

One night after me and the other members had been in the practice room, I found myself there alone.  I wanted to keep practicing for a little longer as I didn’t feel I had completely got it right the way I wanted it too. 
I had been in there about 45 minutes constantly practicing before I sat down on the floor with a bottle of water and took a break.  The noise of the door behind me jerked my head backwards as I saw one of the dancers who usually worked with us walk in.  Her name was Hae-Soo and we usually got on quite well.  She was a little younger than me but had always been a little flirty.  I thought she was a little cute, but she was so flirty in a way I didn’t like that it always put me off her.

‘Hi Taemin’ sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter