Chapter 36

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next morning before we were due to discuss this situation with the managers I decided to tell Jen everything.  She talked to me about being honest, so I wanted to try and show trust in that.

We were sat at the table having breakfast, Jen still somewhat awkwardly trying to cut her food without the full use of one arm.

‘I . . . I have to tell you something.’ I spluttered awkwardly.  I didn’t really know how to begin.

She briefly looked up from her plate of eggs and bacon as she tried to soldier on cutting it up.

‘Hmmm?’ she muttered distracted.

‘Yeah, so, Jonghyun told me, yesterday and I thought I didn’t want to tell you and worry you, then I thought I should be honest with you, but I worry it’s all a bit much still…’ I was mumbling on and on.

She dropped her cutlery onto the table, in half frustration with cutting the food and half frustrated with me.

‘Taemin, what is it?’ she asked, she only used this tone of voice when she wanted to get to the point quickly.

I looked hopelessly at her.  She was frustrated enough without the use of her arm so I just came out and said it.

‘The managers want a meeting, with us both this afternoon about this situation.’

‘Yeah . . . ‘

‘Well it’s not just that our relationship has been leaked, there’s been some bad . . .  letters.’

She looked at me as if she didn’t have a clue what I was talking about.

‘Letters?’

I looked sadly at her and nodded in response.  I could feel my adam's apple getting uncomfortable in my throat.

‘What kind of letters?’ she asked, her voice was calm, but she avoided my eyes.

‘Well, not nice letters…’ I began.

‘Just tell me Tae’ she huffed.

‘Threats mostly.’ I finished quietly. I still stared at her face, her reaction, but she kept catching and avoiding me.

‘Threats.’ She repeated quietly.

‘Yeah’ I breathed.

‘Threats towards me?’ she wanted me to clarify.

‘Yes, but you know you’re safe ok? I don’t want you to worry.’ I reached for her hand across the table.  She avoided my grasp and got up taking her half-attempted plate of food over to the sink.

I watched her carefully, confused at her reaction.  Was she angry with me?

‘Baby?’ I asked.

‘A lot of threats?’ she turned to look at me and asked.

‘More than they thought’ I admitted not wanting to be too specific.

‘Ok’ she said simply and turned around to clean up.

We were silent for a while.  I looked at my own food on my plate, my appetite completely gone by now.  I finally couldn’t stand the silence anymore and got up, taking my plate with me to the sink and putting my arms around her waist.

‘Are you ok?’ I asked.

‘Yeah, I’m fine,’ she said in an unconvincing tone.

‘Babe,’ I said taking the brush out of her hands and turning her around to face me.  ‘Tell me what’s wrong?’

She looked into my eyes, deb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter