Chapter 23

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next three days of the shows raced by.  It was Jens first time at a show like ours and she watched from the side of the stage just as excited as we were. 
We absolutely loved performing shows like this.  All the people, all the love, the energy it made all the hard work we had put into preparing worth it.  Having my very own girlfriend watching me made me feel even more proud of our work, having her experience it with me, someone there to run to when I came off the stage and someone to ask, ‘Did you see that?’ felt like magic to me. 

On the third day of our concert, our new album was also released, meaning the following few weeks were really busy.  We traveled to different stages to perform the new material, we went on different variety and talk shows and promoted and promoted.  As usual, the schedule was insane and we were all exhausted.  It helped to keep me going to see Jen in the background of the shows, to come back to a hotel room and have her there waiting for me.  She was brilliant and I began relying on her more and more as my rock whenever I was so tired.  She had arranged to put her job on hold for the promotions to be with us and support me.  Not having had this special kind of emotional support before I couldn’t imagine life without it now.  She seemed to know what I needed before I knew myself.  She was always ready to help massage me if my muscles were sore, which they frequently were, and she never pushed me even when I didn’t have the time for her.  She wasn’t mad at me when I would frequently fall asleep on her after being with her for only a few minutes that day. I was carrying guilt around with me that I was neglecting her, and every day she was kinder and kinder to me it grew a little bit bigger.  

When the month-long promotion was over we had a little bit of free time before they wanted me to start work on some new material to follow up my solo album.  The new album for the band was a success, we didn’t have more shows for a couple of months and this was the time when the company gave us a chance to work on our other projects away from the band.  Jonghyun was also working on a solo musical project, meaning he would still be frequently around, Minho had got himself into a drama along with Jinki and they would be going to opposite ends of the country for a while to work.  Kibum was taking on a musical so he would be around, but he was going to be busy rehearsing a lot of the time.

Luckily Jen and I were having our 100th day anniversary of being together in the little bit of free time I had.  I really wanted to do something special for it, so with the help of Mr. Romance Jonghyun and a little input from Minho I arranged something I hoped she would like. 

‘100-day anniversary?’ She laughed at me. ‘What?’

I frowned, I never realized it was weird to celebrate anniversaries in days before.

We got out of the car and got into the elevator. 

‘Shut up and enjoy it will you’ I told her playfully.  ‘I’ve got a whole thing planned’.

It was late in the evening, I had arranged for them to keep the tower open for us for an extra hour so there would be no one there but us.  I looked over at her, she was staring up at the ceiling of the elevator, taking in its show.  I had no time to take her around Seoul, so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter