Chapter 19

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few weeks were a little tricky.  We were preparing for a comeback and a three-day long concert, and everything was ready to go, we were just having to practice and make sure everything was worked out for the promotional tour we were due to have after the concerts.  I was required to be in the dorms and at the company a lot to ensure I was on board with everything.  I tried to get back to the house as much as possible to be with her, but it was proving hard, coming home late and waking up early to go back, that eventually, I told her I couldn’t do it anymore and she agreed to move into the dorms with me.  We had been moved so our dorm was bigger, we were on the same floor with the rest of the guys, and the other dorms were empty for now, with some of the girls already leaving for their promotional events and Jongin and the other guys were on the floor above us.  They had just finished their promotions and now they were all busy preparing for their stage tours in a month.

Jen had taken to learning Korean very well in only the few short weeks she had been applying it and I was impressed.  She put it down to teaching a language and understanding the structures, but she could also speak Chinese, to my surprise, and Indonesian, so maybe she was just good at other languages. 

The teacher came every day for a few hours to the house and to the dorms to help her, and soon she was practicing with everyone she could, Jonghyun Minho Kibum and Jinki fully willing to help her as we spent every night together with them once she moved into the dorms. 

I felt guilty she was alone a lot while I had things to do.  She was understanding but I still felt guilt this was the Korea she was experiencing. After the promotions, we had a bit of time before we were due to tour, so I kept telling myself I would show her more of Korea then.

She had met with the managers when she first came to the dorms as was necessary.  Ours were some of the best and most understanding so she had no issues within the building itself.  She had to make sure to wear an ID tag most of the time, and if anyone asked her outside who she was or what she was doing she was told to ignore them or else call herself staff. 

Thankfully for the moment no one had picked up on her presence or paid much mind to her. 

 A week before we were due to start promotional activities Jongin came to me one evening in the practice room looking stricken. 

‘What’s up?’ I asked him.

‘They want to interview us in English, we’ve got to make a special program all in English and all the tutors are off with everyone else.’ I could see in his eyes he was panicking.

‘Don’t freak out about it’ I told him, ‘half of you can speak English anyway’

‘Yeah but Kyungsoo isn’t going to be there, he’s got filming so he’s being let off, and Jongdae is going out of his mind.  He can’t really teach us anything, Baekhyun isn’t really helping.’

I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to ask.

‘Could, Jen, do you think she could help? I know she’s been learning Korean so I thought maybe at least for me and Chan she could just help us practice what we’ve got to say, help us not sound stupid?’  He looked sheepish, I know he didn’t want to ask this.

‘Sure she will, do you want to come with me and we’ll ask her together?  I’m just about finished here’ I told him.

We made our way up to my room when we walked in though Baekhyun was already there sitting on the sofa, looking smug while my girlfrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter