Part I : The Determined One.

Why Did I Fall In Love With YOU? (Alternate Ending Series - ONGOING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Babe, you all done?”

 

Hearing Kris' voice from behind at the very same instant you finally saved all of your computer work by a press of a button, you then took the chance to turn and face him. “Have you been waiting long? Sorry 'bout that, Kris.” You softly sighed, hoping your ever-so-meticulous boyfriend won't take notice of how the thought of Chunji has been bothering you the entire moment. “I could tell something's up Lee . You can't keep it away from me.” The moment you heard Kris' dead serious voice resonate around the office, you snapped out of your small daze and looked up at him.

 

“What? Oh come on, Kris Wu. I'm perfectly fine. Now come on. You better not back out on the free lunch you promised me.” You cheerfully beamed, obviously ignoring his recent statement. “-ah.” Kris mumbled, his tone seemingly bothered by how you're trying to act fine in front of him. “I heard today's menu in the cafeteria is Chinese fried rice! You like that, don't you? Now come on and let's go before they run out!” You tugged on his hand and tried to drag him.

 

However, Kris wasn't someone anybody, even you, could fool so easily. “-ah, you know, even if you keep that act up, in the end, you still can't fool me. I know you BETTER than you think.” The moment Kris mumbled those, you felt something in you give away. “I'll buy us lunch so you better stay still here and wait for me. We'll REALLY have to talk about whatever is bothering you. Okay?” he gently pushed you down your chair and knelt down on one knee, leveling his face with yours.

 

“You know what, Lee ? Whatever burden, pain and sadness you carry, whether you like it or not, I will share in it. After all, you're my girl now. It's a natural thing to feel something relative to whatever the girl who holds my heart feels.”

 

He gave your shoulders a gentle pat before straightening up and heading quick for the office cafeteria. You released the sigh you so wanted to let out awhile ago, while Kris was still with you. As your eyes landed on the picture frame that stood on the corner of your desk, the same uneasy feeling came back, the one that started to grow on you when you've read Chunji's text message. 'I'm glad he's able to put up with my un-girlfriend-like behavior. Aish. Seriously, I don't know what's going on with myself right now.' You felt how your brows creased in frustration.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter