Chapter 7~ Scene 2, Airplane

일인극[MONO-Drama]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Cheyenne, I have something to tell you. It’s about Taemin.”  I wait, unsure of what to do or how to react. Instead, I just listen. “You know he’s been an idol for years now. He can’t afford to get too distracted.”

    “Yeah, I understand completely. But, why are you telling me?” I ask, entirely confused on the situation I’ve found myself in the middle of.

    “Jonghyun and I have both noticed that Taemin has been paying a lot of attention to you. He spends a lot more time texting you than he has texting anyone else. I just want you to know that he’s not going to be able to be in a relationship.”

    “Yes, I know. I wasn’t really expecting anything. I mean, maybe I’m just a bit more ‘American style’ but as far as I’m aware, we’re just talking as friends. I didn’t even know I was texting him…” I confess.

    “What?” Key asks me in disbelief. I know it sounds strange and like some lame excuse, but it’s the truth.

    “I thought I was texting someone else, but it turned out that I was texting Taemin.”
    “Cheyenne?” Suddenly, Taemin appears to the left only a few steps away. I look back to the spot where Key was standing, only to find that he’s somehow no longer there. Turning my attention back to Taemin, I see that he’s gotten much closer in the short time I was looking away. “You weren’t trying to talk to me? How-no-why? Why didn’t you say something about it then?”

    “I-I don’t really know.” At a loss for words, I look at my feet instead of in his eyes. Unexpectedly, my feet suddenly slip underneath me and I trip, falling head first into his chest.

 

Then, that feeling of falling stops.

 

Next, I’m jerking awake in my hotel bed. I check the time. My clock reads 4:52am. Sighing, I fall back in bed and let myself bounce into the pillow. Why do I keep dreaming of weird scenarios like this? I try my best to fall back to sleep since we’ll be waking up in only a few hours in order to pack and get ready for our departure tomorrow.

 

I wake up from my deep sleep, this time free of any strange dreams. As per usual, I spend about eight-to-ten minutes checking my phone for notifications and sending my mom a text to let her know I’m still doing fine. I check to see if Minni is awake yet, but her stiff form leads me to believe that she’s snoozing for at least fifteen more minutes. I try my best to stay quiet while preparing myself for the day. Starting off with packing, I busy myself until I hear my phone begin to buzz. Two short sequences of vibration signal that I’m receiving two texts.

Taemin:      Good morning~!*

              Did you sleep well?

              Are you even awake yet? -.-

Cheyenne:   Yes im awake. And yes i did sleep well. How did you sleep?

Taemin:     I slept well thanks for asking ^^

         Do you still have my bracelet?

Cheyenne:   yep! It’s on my wrist right now

Taemin:     I need a photo otherwise I don’t believe you

  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter