Chapter 3~ Wish I Was Texting Him

일인극[MONO-Drama]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--I hope you arrive home safely. Great job tonight.

 

Ahh he must have thought I wouldn’t check my phone until I was home. I’ll wait to respond until I’m home then. Instead of responding, I put the number in my phone under the name of ‘My Jungin~’. It’s embarrassing but he’ll never see it so it’s fine.

“Hey, do you just want to stay at my dorm tonight?” I offer to Minni.

“Should I? I mean my room is in the same building anyway,” she responds.

“Yeah, but mine is on the first level. You won’t have to take the stairs.” I raise my eyebrows and shrug my shoulders giving her that ‘juss sayin’ look.

“Okay, I get it. I’ll just stay at yours. Why do you want me there anyway?”

“Am I not allowed to want to spend time with my best friend?” I question, pretending to be offended.

“No, it’s just that your ‘best friend’ knows you too well and can recognize when you’re trying to get something from me.” She caught me. Usually when she stays at mine, she makes breakfast in the morning. She’s a waayyy better cook than I am.

~~~

I take the key from the hole and close the door behind me, allowing space for Minni to sneak into the room before me. It’s small, but it is a single room. I was lucky enough to come in at the right time when a single room was open, but soon I’ll have to move into a large group suite since the members of my girl group have been selected. Sadly, that will move me away from being in the same building as Minni, but I’ll be one step closer to debut. So, I’m using every opportunity I have to take advantage of Minni’s cooking while she’s still nearby.

Remembering the text I read at the concert venue, I unlock my phone and open messages while flopping myself onto my bed. Minni sits to my right in the arm chair next to my bed. I open the message, reading it once more before tapping the blank space to use the keyboard. My thumbs move across the screen to type a response.

--Thank you! I did arrive safely. And you? Have you gotten home alright as well?

Shortly after, a response pops up on the screen.

--Haha, yeah the guys took care of me very well.

All of a sudden, I receive a call from a number I don’t recognize. Voice phishing? Oh well, I’m not answering it anyway. If it’s important they’ll leave a message. Plus, this conversation is more important.

--Good I’m glad! ^^ Anyway, how was the concert for you?

“Who are you texting?” Minni asks.

“Jungin,” I respond.

“Already? I texted Seokjoon and Jihyung but neither of them have responded yet.” Her expression is a mix of confusion and slight disappointment. That’s strange. They definitely would have responded to her text before anyone responded to me.

“Just wait a little longer. Maybe they’re-” My sentence is cut off my the sound of her phone dinging. Quickly, she picks it up to read the screen. I watch her expression morph from hopeful back to disappoint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter