We found love right where we are

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: Taeyeon gets struck by lightning. Metaphorically.

Category: Floof

Title source: Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran


Taeyeon was known for her rated P stamina: P as in poor. So it was surprising how she was able to chase Tiffany around the apartment for as long as she had been.
 

And she still kept going, running after Tiffany who had dumbly sprinted to one corner of their living room. Taeyeon gained some weird sense of satisfaction as she noticed how Tiffany had begun to pant, giving away traces of her exhaustion.
 

“Taeyeon, nooooooooooo!!!” Tiffany squealed in earnest, trying her best to evade Taeyeon’s mischievous fingers that were on a mission to tickle the life out of her wife.
 

“You started it!” Taeyeon protested, not giving Tiffany any leeway.
 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!”
 

“You don’t sound sorry, Fany-ah. Try harder.”
 

“But I ammmm! Taeyeon, please…” Tiffany tried to push away the hands grasping at her sides and her waist, but Taeyeon was relentless.
 

Taeyeon couldn’t help but laugh at their current situation. Her heart and mind felt a million times lighter than it did a few hours ago, when she and Tiffany had both been incredibly stressed out from work.
 

Being the CEOs of two conglomerate companies wasn’t rocket science, but sometimes it honestly felt like it was. The week had taken a toll on them, and they had both retired to their apartment as soon as they could for their well-deserved showers and sleep.
 

But somehow, after they had both taken a bath, a tickling fight had begun. And here they were now, with Taeyeon’s arms wrapped around Tiffany’s waist, and Tiffany’s hands wrapped around Taeyeon’s arms.
 

Taeyeon had a momentary lapse in brain function once she became conscious of the warmth of Tiffany’s skin seeping through the loose gray shirt the latter was wearing. Tiffany looked effortlessly good in her shirt and legitimately short pink shorts, but Taeyeon had to admit that Tiffany always looked good.
 

She also smelled good, with the vanilla scent of her body wash wafting through Taeyeon’s nostrils, distracting her even more.
 

“…Tae?” Taeyeon looked up to see Tiffany watching her curiously, still slightly panting due to the earlier chase and struggle.
 

And Taeyeon was suddenly paradoxically struck to her very core, like lightning, but also like honey just slowly trickling in and filling up certain gaps in her heart. Like she’d known all along, but didn’t really know until now.
 

She gazed into the gentle eyes of her wife, the wife with whom she was forced to be in an arranged marriage with. The heiress of a company similar to her father’s, and was now its reigning CEO. Had been for about six months now, while Taeyeon herself had been the CEO of her company for ten months.
 

Tiffany, who also didn’t have any control over her family’s decisions for her life. Who, just like her, had begrudgingly accepted the arranged marriage three years ago.
 

They tried their best to adjust as well as they could, even though they had only caught glimpses of each other during luxurious company events for 27 years before they were unceremoniously seated in front of their parents in a five-star restaurant and informed that they were to be wed in three months.
 

They got to know each other’s hobbies, interests, quirks, pet peeves, bad habits, and so much more. And it wasn’t always smooth-sailing. They were both level-headed, independent and strong-willed women, but they were practically complete opposites on almost every other aspect.
 

Yet somehow they made it work. Made it more than work, actually. Sometimes Taeyeon couldn’t even remember that their marriage was initially against both their wills. They had both learned to grow with each other’s help. And also even began to crave each other’s presence.
 

They didn’t share a bed, but they slept in the same room. Yet sometimes, they would fall asleep in each other’s arms, usually after watching a movie together, or just talking about work or life in general.
 

They only kissed for show, but sometimes Taeyeon would recall the softness and fullness of Tiffany’s lips in the most random times: in the midst of a hectic meeting or while she was in the shower. The hugs though, they gave freely.
 

Tiffany was there for her when Taeyeon’s father passed away. She was her rock, practically her everything during that time. And Taeyeon was there for her when a scandal broke out about Tiffany allegedly cheating on her. Which Tiffany had vehemently denied. Pleadingly denied. Like she was scared that Taeyeon would leave her, or worse, do the same. Like maybe Tiffany valued Taeyeon as much as Taeyeon valued Tiffany. And hopefully, hopefully, Tiffany loved Taeyeon just as much as Taeyeon had come to realize that she loved her. Because yes, Taeyeon had finally realized that she loved Tiffany with all of her heart, mind, body, and soul. Tiffany Hwang, her wife (how lucky was Taeyeon for fate to dictate and point her towards her soulmate?), who was beautiful, inside and out.
 

Tiffany, who was still staring at her, now with a bit of worry lancing her eyes. “Taeyeon… Are you okay?”
 

“Yeah,” Taeyeon replied, somehow breathless due to her newfound awareness of her feelings.
 

Tiffany remained rooted to her spot, still searching Taeyeon’s eyes and trying to see if she was telling the truth.
 

“I’m okay,” Taeyeon reassured her as she rubbed gentle circles against Tiffany’s back. “…More than okay, actually.”
 

“…Really? Why?”
 

“Well, I just…I feel very lucky to have you. I didn’t know I’d end up like this three years ago, but I’m glad I didn’t rebel against my parents and swim across the ocean to Japan or something.”
 

Tiffany was silent for a moment, and then she let out a breathless laugh. “Oh my God, I didn’t know you were this cheesy, Kim Taeyeon.”
 

“You like?” Taeyeon wiggled her eyebrows comically.
 

Tiffany scoffed in response. “I’ll get back to you on that.”
 

“How about you?”
 

“What about me?”
 

“What do you feel about…all of this?”
 

“By this, you mean…us?”
 

“Mmhmm.”
 

“Well…” Tiffany slowly wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s shoulders. “I feel grateful too. To my dad…to you. I don’t think you know how happy you make me, Taeyeon-ah.” She punctuated her words with such a beautiful smile that it made Taeyeon’s head spin. Made Taeyeon even more confident that Tiffany felt the same way she did. But Taeyeon knew that the only way to confirm it was to ask.
 

Taeyeon was about to open to do just that when she spotted Tiffany’s unfiltered gaze settling on her lips, and her breath caught in . Had Tiffany always looked at her in that way? Had she been oblivious all this time?
 

Instead of her musings coming into light, Taeyeon spoke daringly teasing words before she was able to stop herself. “You know you can kiss me instead of just staring at my lips.”
 

Her words made Tiffany abruptly look up into her eyes, guilt and surprise clearly noticeable in Tiffany’s expression. This, though, immediately transformed once she saw Taeyeon’s amused smile, but most importantly because she saw something else in Taeyeon’s eyes, something warm and gentle and infinitely loving. And Taeyeon’s heart practically stopped in her chest when she watched as Tiffany’s expression came to mirror her own.
 

They probably looked funny, grinning at each other for such a long time. But they didn’t really give a damn, because they felt like everything was clicking into place, feelings making themselves known to two people who were undoubtedly perfectly imperfect for each other.
 

And they didn’t really know who initiated the kiss (their first real kiss, Taeyeon would forever passionately announce to anyone who was willing to listen to the best romantic story ever), but suddenly their lips had come together, seeking one another as their hearts had done.
 

And even though they had to pull away for air, it was exhilarating to know that they had free reign to do it all over again. Countlessly. Endlessly. And that they did.

 

FIN.


A/N:

*cries* arranged marriage tropes are the beeeeeeest