First Night

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: 'Being together' takes on a whole new meaning for them.

Category: Fluff


Everything still seemed the same. The conversations, the jokes, the laughs. Easy. Comfortable.
 

They still ordered two dishes and two drinks that they both wanted to try, sharing them with each other, in order to be able to have the best of both worlds in one go.
 

And yet. And yet. Something seemed different.
 

Maybe because they could finally gaze at each other without reservation, without any doubts or hindrance or whatever had made them hesitate to show their feelings before.
 

Tiffany could finally see it in Taeyeon’s eyes. And Taeyeon could finally see it in Tiffany’s eyes. It was there. Wasn’t it always, though?
 

They opted to walk around the area after their meal. The night was too beautiful for it to end so soon.
 

Tiffany saw the glint in Taeyeon’s eyes and the former pulled her into the ice cream shop, buying her the biggest cone they had to offer.
 

Taeyeon reciprocated, tugging Tiffany inside a cozy café and buying her the biggest cup of whatever flavor of iced coffee her heart desired.
 

It was a cold night, but they ate their cold treats outside, and somehow, they barely felt the frost. Taeyeon thought it was because their unoccupied hands were intertwined with each other, but Tiffany believed that it was due to the warmth emitting from Taeyeon’s pretty eyes and Taeyeon’s pretty smile.
 

As much as they didn’t want it to, the night still had to end. The other stars had to give way to the sun.
 

Taeyeon drove Tiffany back to her place. She took the long way though, and went full-on grandma’s speed below the limit.
 

Tiffany didn’t mind. Not at all. She simply the radio and blasted the music, allowing her and Taeyeon to sing their hearts out, voices somehow harmonizing so well even when they didn’t intentionally try to. Kind of like how they were as people. As friends. And now…as something different. Something much more.
 

It’s 11:11 when they finally arrived at Tiffany’s. Fitting. Of course coincidences and luck and fate had a hand to play in this, but they both liked to believe that they chose to take this step because of their own decisions.
 

As Taeyeon looked at the clock on her dashboard blinking those four parallel digits, she instinctively sought out a wish. Her wishes were usually about work, about health, about life. Her first thought tonight was how she felt like maybe she didn’t need to wish anymore. Maybe it’d just all be well if she chose as good as she had chosen when she took this step with Tiffany. But then her second thought turned a complete one-eighty. Because she realized that wishes may be heard by someone out there, and it would be stupid of her to let that chance go, and so she made a wish: her entire being wished that Tiffany would kiss her goodnight.
 

Taeyeon walked Tiffany up to her apartment. She could have said goodnight downstairs, but she craved the five minutes more that she could spend with Tiffany.
 

Tiffany was nervous. She didn’t know how to say goodnight. How to say it perfectly to Taeyeon, because this was their first night together as something more, and she believed that first times could very well set the tone for succeeding ones.
 

Should she hug her? Kiss her? Where? On the cheek? On the lips? Everywhere? Oh, God. Tiffany steamed up at that last thought.
 

Before she could make up her mind, they were at her front door, facing each other, hands inseparable.
 

“Hi.”
 

“Hi.”
 

They both laughed.
 

“...I don’t know how to say goodnight to you.” Tiffany settled for anxious honesty.
 

Taeyeon thought about her wish. “It was 11:11 when I checked the clock awhile ago, and I…I wished for something. From you.”
 

“What is it?”
 

“A kiss.”
 

“Where?”
 

Taeyeon turned beet red at the question, and Tiffany burst out laughing. “Ah, my byunTaeyeon.”
 

Tiffany boldly took a step forward. “Where? Here?” She Taeyeon’s cheek. “Here?” She brushed her fingers against Taeyeon’s lips. Tiffany’s heart thundered in her ears as she felt more than heard Taeyeon release a shaky breath.
 

“Wherever you want, Fany.”
 

As their lips locked in a heady embrace, Taeyeon was thankful that she and Tiffany were on the same page.
 

At first, they thought everything seemed the same, but no, no it wasn’t.
 

It was better.

FIN.


A/N:

Oh my god I can't believe I coughed this up in less than an hour. I was writing another angsty one and then I was like, WHY CAN'T I JUST BE A FLUFFY PERSON WHO WRITES TAENY FLUFF? And bam! Thank you, muse-that-materialized-from-frustration!