Not a Bad Thing

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: The simplest actions can be the biggest distractions. In the same domestic!TaeNy AU as the previous story, Good Morning and Good Night.

Category: More mindless, domestic fluff

Song and Title Source: Not a Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake


“Said all I want from you is to see you tomorrow…”
 

Tiffany stops typing for a few seconds.
 

“And every tomorrow, maybe you’ll let me borrow your heart…”
 

She resumes typing, now with a smile on her face.
 

“And is it too much to ask for every Sunday?”
 

Taeyeon strums the guitar as she sings, the chords different from the original. They are much slower and simpler, but Tiffany finds that it matches perfectly with her voice.
 

“And while we’re at it, throw in every other day, to start…”
 

Taeyeon begins singing the pre-chorus, and she jumbles up the English a little bit, mainly because the words have to be sung fast, almost rap-like. Tiffany doesn’t even pretend she’s not listening anymore, and she sets down her laptop at the coffee table while she waits for Taeyeon to sing the chorus.
 

“So don’t act like it’s a bad thing to fall in love with me…”
 

“I don’t, though,” she responds to the lyrics, one eyebrow raised in amusement.
 

“’Cause you might look around to find your dreams come true, with me…”
 

“They do.”
 

Taeyeon pauses for a split-second too long, distractedly happy with Tiffany's side-comments. “Spent all your time and…and… Crap, I forgot what comes after that.”
 

Tiffany grins unabashedly and stands up to sit on the armrest of the couch Taeyeon is currently sitting on. “Why are you serenading me?”
 

“Because you’re worth serenading,” Taeyeon answers, greasy smile prominent on her face, yet her eyes are b with sincerity.
 

“Cheesy,” Tiffany comments before leaning down to give Taeyeon a soft kiss on her lips, “but thank you.”
 

Taeyeon hums, eyes fluttering as their noses graze each other. “I’m sorry for distracting you from your work,” she murmurs.
 

Tiffany chuckles. “It’s okay. I need a distraction every now and then.”
 

“Even when you’re in the zone?” Taeyeon asks while she puts her guitar away so that she can wrap her arms around Tiffany.
 

Tiffany smiles. “Yeah, sometimes even then.” She slips onto the couch and gives Taeyeon a few more pecks. “You ground me, Kim Taeyeon,” she breathes with love shining in her eyes that mirrors Taeyeon's own.
 

Taeyeon looks down, biting her lip to keep herself from smiling too widely.
 

“So…do you have any more cheesy songs up your sleeve?”
 

 


 

A/N:

I tweeted about the cuteness of a serenading Taeyeon, and apparently prompted myself. Again. LOL. Sorry if it's super short, and sorry in advance if I end up making more shorties for this AU. ^^