Never Let Me Go

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: It's a perfect night for a love confession.

Category: Angst???

Title Source: Never Let Me Go by Florence + the Machine (I'm a er for this song zz)


Tiffany tries to mask the pain she feels and blinks her tears away. She expected this reaction, though she was still hopeful, nonetheless. She lets a ghost of a smile form on her face. “I’m sorry. I knew it. I kind of expected it, to be honest.”
 

The love of her life blinks at her, seemingly stunned. “Y-you did?”
 

She gives a short laugh. “We’ve been friends for years. My gaze always somehow lands on you…but you never look back. Yet I still said it anyway because I told myself that I’d have more regrets if I didn’t at least tell you before I leave.”
 

Now she’s a hundred percent sure Taeyeon is stunned. “You’re…leaving?”
 

“Yeah. The company’s going to open up a branch in the States, and they need someone to supervise.” She turns away from the other girl and gets lulled by the waves rocking back and forth across the shore. The sky looks beautiful, with the stars somehow still numerous despite the fact that they were in the city. It’s a beautiful night; perfect for honesty and confessions and love. But Tiffany wouldn’t mind looking at a smog-filled sky instead, if her love would be reciprocated then.
 

Too lost in her own thoughts, she almost forgets about the girl beside her who’s grown silent for the past few minutes. She turns to face her and is met with a tear-stricken face and puffy eyes, making her instinctively move towards the shorter woman. “Hey, it’s okay. Don’t worry about it.” Funny how she’s the one doing the comforting and Taeyeon is the one crying. “I’ll be okay,” she reassures her, as well as herself. “I just wanted you to know. And that…it wasn’t difficult to fall in love with you. So shut up about being so “unlovable” and “not worth anyone” because I fell for you and I didn’t even have to try, okay?”
 

Maybe Tiffany's not good at comforting people, because her words just make Taeyeon cry harder. She feels helpless, and she doesn’t think twice about wrapping her best friend up in a hug. Maybe their last one ever.
 

She feels Taeyeon trembling against her, shaky breaths falling across her neck and wetness seeping through her shirt. She clenches her jaw and tries not to cry too. She’s already promised herself that she can cry her heart out later, and that’s why she’s being strong right now.
 

And then Taeyeon pulls her face away. Looks at her with big, brown doe-eyes that have the ability to make her fall and fall again. “What would you have done…if I…if I…”
 

“If you said that you felt the same?”
 

Taeyeon nods meekly and sniffles, making Tiffany smile a little bit at the adorableness. She brings her hands up to caress her best friend’s face and wipe her tears away. “Well…first of all, I’d kiss you. Like…for a really long time. No chaste pecks. Years and years of buildup can only make me hold back for so long.”
 

She doesn’t fail to notice the blush on Taeyeon's cheeks and how the latter’s gaze flies to her lips. “Relax.” Tiffany laughs, even though her heart is breaking. “I won’t do it. But you’re missing out. They say I’m a really good kisser,” she teases.
 

Tiffany thinks about it some more. “And…I wouldn’t leave. I’d find some way to stay. But you need your space and I…I need mine, too.”
 

“CUT!”
 

Tiffany takes a deep breath and turns to the director.
 

“That was good. Really good. But Tiffany, maybe you should tear up a little bit more when you tell her you need space? Get a little sniffle in there or two? We’ll re-take in five, adding the last few lines, and then we’re done.” The man immediately turns away to walk back to his viewing station, probably to re-watch the entire scene they just filmed.
 

“Yeah, baby, you need to look more devastated when you tell me you’re leaving me.” Taeyeon chuckles a little bit, despite her face being all puffy. She’s handed a few tissues as one of the makeup artists tries to fix the mess her tears made.
 

Tiffany turns to her with narrowed eyes. “Shush,” she scolds, earning herself another laugh.
 

The makeup artist leaves the two women behind once she’s done.
 

“Fany?” Taeyeon grabs one of her hands, and their fingers automatically intertwine.
 

“Hmm?” Tiffany raises her free hand to fix Taeyeon's hair, which was being blown across her face by the chilly night wind.
 

“Don’t ever leave me, okay? Not in real life. I…I don’t think I’d be able to take it. The crying I’m doing right now is only the tip of the iceberg,” Taeyeon admits, looking forlorn.
 

“What? Of course not, Taeyeon-ah. I’m yours. Forever. And even when you chase me away, I’ll keep coming back to you like some loyal lap dog or something,” Tiffany says, trying to cheer the other girl up.
 

“…Like Ginger?”
 

Tiffany laughs, eyes turning into crescents. “Yeah. And Prince and Princess,” she adds jokingly. “Come on, let’s stop talking about this, okay? The mood in the set is somber enough as it is.”
 

“Okay,” Taeyeon agrees, giving Tiffany a brief but loving hug. “What should we talk about then?”
 

“Hmm… How about what we’re having for dinner later?”
 

“Ooh! I’m craving for some seafood.”
 

“Okay, but definitely not fish.”

 

FIN.


A/N:

So…I thought of this whole conversation (minus that ending) at 3 AM ( 3 AM it’s when all the angst demons come out lol)…and I don’t know. I hate angst. And I found my dialogue to be cliché af like it’s in some stupid romance movie or something—and then it hit me. Yep. Let’s go with that. LOL. I don’t like angsty TaeNy too, okay??? T_T

Somebody please stop me from updating and writing and absolutely NOT studying. D:

 

UPDATE:
I wrote a prequel for this one-shot to show you guys how they fell in love, so check it out! ^^ Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1302001/