Luck // YeJu

constellation of dreams
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I’m going to be so late,” Yerin groaned inwardly as she held onto the straps of her backpack tightly, running as fast as she could to catch her train that usually arrived at 6:45 A.M sharp and time check: it was 6:35 A.M and Yerin was nowhere near the train station yet.

 

“I knew I shouldn't have stayed up to watch the last episode of Produce 101,” she huffed softly as she avoided anyone blocking her way hastily, checking the time on her phone once in awhile so that she could pace herself.

 

6:43 A.M

 

Yerin cursed softly under her breath before she broke into a sprint. Two minutes left. She was extremely determined she could make it. She had to see her.

 

Taking the stairs down instead of the escalator, Yerin rushed her way to the gantry which earned her lots of glares and complains from working adults for bumping into them. She fished her card out hurriedly from her back pocket and tapped her way in before picking up her pace again. She had approximately less than half a minute left to catch up to the train.

 

Unfortunately, luck was not on her side this time round. The train had left the moment she stepped onto the platform and Yerin could only watch in despair as the train disappeared from her sight.

 

“I can't believe I ran for nothing,” she muttered under her breath and walked to the nearest bench to take a seat. She was already worn out from the morning run.

 

“Ah, I missed the train.”

 

Yerin’s ears perked up and she turned her head to take a look at the person who had just said those words a little bit too loud. Her eyes widened and her heart started to pound harder and faster than when she was running earlier on when she recognised who the person was. ‘Maybe, luck is on my side after all,’ Yerin thought as she bit on her lower lip to prevent herself from smiling too widely.

 

“Oh?” Yerin quickly turned her head to face the front when she saw that the girl— the one that she was chasing after, literally and figuratively— turned her head towards her. She heard footsteps coming nearer to her and Yerin could only pray for her heart to stop beating erratically before she makes a fool of herself. “Did you miss the train too?” Yerin heard her ask.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter