Scent

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 47: Scent

 

The sunlight that came through the curtain waking Hanna up from her sleep. Slowly she opened her eyes and stretched her body. But she sensed something strange this morning. The usual bolsters that accompany her sleep wasn’t on its place. Even the orange paint of her room turned white. My room didn't smell like this. She thought.

Still with drowsiness, she tried to remember where she was. And at once she was surprised until almost jumping, "This really isn't my room, Oh my goodness!"

Hanna then realized that she was at Minhyun's room. "So last night I slept in Nyeon's room?? Oh Gosh, why should you be so stupid, Hanna!"

Hanna then stood up and immediately went out of the room. Outside, she met Mrs. Hwang who was busy preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, Hanna.." Minhyun’s mom greeted her.

"Ooh, Auntie Hwang.. I'm sorry, I.." Hanna was confused how to explain to Minhyun's mom that she coincidentally slept in her son's room.

But Mrs. Hwang responded with a laugh. "It's okay, honey.. You don't make any sin with sleeping there. Why'd you have to be so panic?"

Knowing that Hanna still looked so worry, Mrs. Hwang added, "I know Minhyun is sleeping on the couch. He's still sleep there, don't you see?"

With that, Hanna's stare moved to Minhyun who was sleeping on the couch. She couldn't help but to feel guilty. Because of her, the owner of the room needed to sleep on the couch. She felt like she always troubled Minhyun and she hated it.

Hanna approached Mrs. Hwang and apologized again, "I'm sorry, Auntie.."

"It's okay..” Mrs. Hwang smiled again, this time even softer. “Do you want to have a breakfast with us?"

"Ah.. no, Auntie... I better go home. My parents must have been back right now.." answered Hanna as she still trying to adjust the situation.

Mrs. Hwang nodded. "Okay.."

"Then, excuse me, Auntie.."

With that, Hanna left Minhyun’s house with hitting her head multiple times for being so careless.

 

 

-00-

 

 

As expected, Hanna's parents were already back from Jeonju without Jessie. Her mother was immediately asked Hanna about her sleepover 'agenda'. "I actually want to be angry at you for carelessly sleeping at Minhyun's house, but then I remember that all of your friends are boys, so yes, it's okay .. After all there's Sujin too .."

"Yeah, mom .." Hanna could only made a foolish grin.

 

Finished getting ready and having breakfast, Hanna went out, ready to go to school with her friends as usual. But this time, Hanna actually felt nervous about meeting Minhyun. She was confused how she should apologize to Minhyun for being so careless sleeping in his room. As Hanna remembered she ever slept together with Minhyun before, but that was with other kids too, and that happened many years ago when they were still child. But this time was different, they already grown up, so sleeping in the opposite gender’s room kinda felt wrong.

 

Hanna took a deep breath before opening the gate of her house, getting ready to face Minhyun. But when she went out, there were only Jonghyun and Minki there.

She just wanted to greet them both when Dongho came. "Sorry, have you waiting for long?" asked Dongho while approaching them.

"Nope, we're still waiting for Minhyun.." answered Jonghyun casually.

"That big head hasn't come out? Wow, such a rare occasion." Dongho commented, a bit surprised.

Didn’t take a long time after Dongho came, Minhyun finally showed up.

He came out with a messy hair and tired face. That appearance was really not like the typical appearance of Prince Hwang Minhyun. And that made the other kids giving strange looks at him.

"What happened to you? Did you stay up all night?" Dongho directly commented.

Jonghyun added, "Yeah, your eyes bag get swollen.."

Feeling confused at how to answer his friends’ question, Minhyun naturally stole a glance at Hanna, wanting to know her reaction. But then he found out that Hanna was giving him a guilty look. This girl, really.. Minhyun chuckled for a moment before trying to control the situation by saying, "It's okay.. Let's go.."

 

 

-00-

 

 

Along the way to school, Hanna quietly stole glances at Minhyun, noticing his red eyes as the effect of him staying up all night. Hanna wanted to talk to Minhyun in private, apologizing over her careless act last night. Hanna blamed herself as she thought that Minhyun couldn't sleep because it was uncomfortable on the couch.

But no matter how she tried, Hanna couldn't find the time to talk to him alone because he was always surrounded by other kids. Hanna didn't want the other kids to know what had happened last night because she scared they might misunderstood.

 

Hanna just found time to talk alone with Minhyun after lunch. That was when Minhyun about to catch up with Jonghyun to return to their class, she suddenly pulled his arm and asked him to follow her to the corner of the school.

Hanna immediately asked with a guilty face "Did you really not sleep last night?"

Hearing Hanna mentioned the word last night, Minhyun heart was immediately pounding. How not, last night was like a definition of heaven, a night that Minhyun may never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter