Separation

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 41: Separation

 

Hanna, Jonghyun, Minhyun, and Dongho were still accompanying Minki when Daniel, Daehwi, and Namjoo, came to visit. They protested to the rest of Dobong-dong kids for not telling them about Minki.

"I screamed at Hanna asking where will she go, but she didn't even look back! Woah, this girl seriously.." Namjoo threw a deadly stare to Hanna and it made Minki laugh.

"Teacher was also asking where Dongho hyung is. And I only answered with, 'Mmm, I think he's skipping school.."

Daniel's innocent answer made everyone laugh, except Dongho. "Yah! Why didn't you tell him that I go to the hospital?" Dongho protested.

"I just got your message few minutes later, Hyung.." Daniel defended himself.

"It's okay, it's okay, I already told the teachers the reason you skipped the class, even to class A's homeroom teacher too.." Daehwi assured.

Minhyun directly smiled. "Thank you, Daehwi.. you're the best."

Daehwi nodded and then moved his stare to Minki. "What's important now is Minki's hyung health.. get well soon, Minki hyung.."

Minki looked at him and all of his friends, feeling really grateful that they come. "Yeah, thank you so much."

 

It wasn’t only Minki's friend at school who came, Aaron came again with Sujin, Mr & Mrs. Hwang were also coming with Jonghyun's father, Mr. Kwak also make a visit right from work. Their presence could ease Minki sadness away for a moment.

 

Auntie Choi then asked Dobong dong kids to go home with Hanna's father. At first they refused to go home, but Auntie Choi insisted that it will be better for them to go home now and come back tomorrow morning. They finally obeyed her.

 

They actually wanted to talk about their next move related to Minki's problem, but they couldn't because Hanna's father was there. Instead, they answered questions to questions Hanna's father asking about school and etc. Hanna's father also asked Jonghyun if he's not going to work this night, and Jonghyun answered that he already contacted the Head Chef about it.

 

Once they arrived at home, and Hanna's father went inside the house, the kids gathered again.

"Do we really won't do anything since Minki ask us like that? I'm really mad right now!" Dongho asked emotionally.

Jonghyun heaved a sigh before answering, "Actually it hurts me to see Minki still care about that guy after what he did to him. But, I think we should respect his decision for now."

"Jonghyun is right. The most important now is Minki. We should always stay next to him and strengthen him." Minhyun added.

"Yeah, let's just sleep for now, so we can go to the hospital tomorrow earlier.." Hanna concluded.

 

Then, they walked separately to their own houses but they still think about the same thing, their best friend, Choi Minki.

 

-00-

 

Saturday morning came, the kids were ready to go to the hospital. Once they arrived there, they assured Auntie Choi to take a rest at home since they were there to accompany Minki. And this time, Mrs. Choi obeyed them.

Minki was happy that his friends was there. Even with his pale face, he tried to smile as usual when Dongho tell about funny story, and how Hanna insisted to feed him breakfast even though he could do it himself.

 

Since Minki was bored, they accompanied Minki to walk around hospital, still with IV drip attached to his hand. But unfortunately, that decision led him to meet the guy who made him stressed.

When they walked at the back garden of the hospital, Minki suddenly stopped walking as he saw someone coming.

"Oh, what happ--" Hanna couldn't finish her question to Minki when she also saw him, Nam Taehyun approaching Minki.

Knowing that, Dongho went to him and directly throw punch on his face.

"Dongho ya!!" Jonghyun and Minhyun was surprised by their friend's impulsive action.

Minhyun was then running, holding Dongho's arms trying to stop him giving the second punch. "Get back to your sense! It's in the hospital." Minhyun tried to calm Dongho, despite knowing there were no one in that back hospital garden instead of them that time.

Ignoring Dongho, Taehyun came forward to walk closer to Minki. But Jonghyun was already guard him. "What do you want?" He asked Taehyun with a sternly face.

"I just want to talk to Minki, please give me chance." Taehyun with already bruised lips, begged Jonghyun.

Jonghyun wanted to tell him to go, but Minki already replied, "What do you want to talk to me?"

Minki's decision made Jonghyun to move and gave Taehyun access to talk to Minki. But Jonghyun stayed close to Minki, like a warrior guard the prince.

"Minki ya, are you okay? I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry.. I didn't mean to hurt you like this.. But I don't have another option." Taehyun said emotionally.

But his words triggered Dongho to jump and kick him, fortunately Minhyun was still there holding him.

Minki was also surprised by Taehyun's words, like he didn't believe he could say it. "Y-you don't have another option??"

"You won't accept me if I didn't disguise as someone else.." Taehyun replied fast.

Minki looked at him in the eyes and said soft but firm. "You. Fooled. Me."

"I know, I'm sorry.." Taehyun wanted to reach Minki's hand but Jonghyun was fast enough to shove it away.

He said firmly. "Don't touch him."

Because of that, Taehyun chuckled. "See? I can't even approach you.. You're always with them! What they are thinking might affect you and you'll listen to them. Maybe they are also the reason you're getting far from me. It's true, right? You want to break up because of them, uh?"

Taehyun was rambling madly, and that made Dongho burning. He really wanted to smack him, but Minhyun for the many times was still trying to hold him.

Minki was also speechless to hear that from Taehyun. He was nearly crying to hear him dare to talk like that about his best friends. "Stop, please.." Minki said it softly while looking into Taehyun's eyes.

But Taehyun got even madder. "No! I have lost many people in my life. I don't want to lose you. No."

Minki was tightening his fist until his body shivering, he tried so hard to hold his emotion. "It's over. Your game is over."

Minki was signing Hanna, who was silently standing next to him the entire time, to help him to go. But Taehyun grabbed Minki's arm to make him stay. Looking that, Jonghyun pushed Taehyun's small body away until he fell to the ground.

"It's not over, Minki ya. Don't lie to yourself. You like me, I know it. You still like me!" Taehyun screamed and it made Minki stop.

Minki closed his eyes for a moment, feeling uncomfortable with the words Taehyun saying. But then he decided to turn back and told him. "I don't like you." Minki told it firmly.

"Liar.." Taehyun still dare to reply.

But Minki was now ready to confront him. "It's true. The one who I like it's not you, but Nam Jihyun, someone you create for my fantasy. It's her."

Taehyun looked at Minki deeply before saying, "I thought you're different, but you're not."

"I never ask you to expect anything from me. And you must know, I don't like you NOT because you are a man. But because you're nothing more than a pathetic loser!" Minki let his emotion to go. "How can you get other people to like you if you're not brave enough to like yourself?? Maybe if you approach me confidently, it will not be this way. You're too scared to hear other people's opinions, until you lower yourself by tricking me!" He screamed to Taehyun and it made him silent.

They shared a silent stare for a moment before Minki told him firmly. "Before you change, don't come in front of me again."

Minki turned away and after a few steps, he ran out of energy and fell down. Hanna and Jonghyun directly grabbed his body and took him back inside the hospital.

"Minki yaaaa.." Taehyun looked so worry and wanted to take care Minki, but Dongho was fast enough to block him.

Dongho grabbed the collar of Taehyun's shirt and told him. "Don't you dare to come near Minki aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter