Here comes the regret

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 39: Here Comes the Regret

 

 “Is it still hurt?” Hanna reached Minhyun’s chin to touch his wounded lips.

Minhyun was surprised by her action. His heart was suddenly beating faster.

Moreover when Hanna tiptoed to look at it closely. As their faces got closer, Minhyun couldn’t hold himself not to look at Hanna’s face, to be specific her lips.

“If I press it like this, is it still hurt?” Hanna asked again as she pressed the wound with her thumb.

Minhyun’s mind was going wild as he didn’t realize he answered her question with, “I don’t know, maybe we should try it.”

Minhyun leaned over to Hanna and his lips was ready to press Hanna’s lips.

Meanwhile Hanna was standing frozen, she was beyond surprised by Minhyun’s sudden action.

Yes, every fight should end with a kiss. Minhyun said in his mind as he continued his act.

 

But before their lips touched, Hanna suddenly pushed Minhyun's face away while screaming. "YA, ARE YOU CRAZY??!"

Minhyun just realized what he did. He almost kissed Hanna.

"What are you just doing??! Do you want to try what Oppa and Unnie did? Hish, you ert!" Hanna looked at Minhyun in disgust as she went away.

"Ah, I'm.. I'm.." Minhyun was still having a mental breakdown. He hit himself. "Aish, you're really fool! Fool! Fool!"

"Ya, Kwak Hanna! I didn’t mean that way.." Minhyun tried to catch Hanna and explain it to her. But Hanna was walking faster, feeling scared of him.

 

-00-

 

Minhyun was laying on her bed, still feeling embarrassed thinking what he had tried to do. "How can I be really brave to kiss Hanna?? I'm really fool!" He hit himself again.

But then he reminisced the moment. "It feels so natural. Like my mind and my body has conspired to make that move."

Hanna’s natural pink lips showed up in his mind as he mumbled, "I really want to kiss her..” It made him naturally smiling. But soon he realized his dirty mind, he hit his head again. “Ya Hwang Minhyun get back to your sense!"

 

-00-

 

Minhyun couldn't sleep last night because he kept thinking about Hanna's lips. Once he could sleep, he even dreamt it. In his dream, he successfully kissed Hanna and he was really happy. Somehow it made him wake up late.

As all Minhyun could think now is Hanna’s lips, he was hesitated to see Hanna again. He didn’t want to be caught up looking at her lips. It must be really embarrassing.

But he had to meet her since they will go to school together. And he didn't expect that once he opened the gate, he would directly meet Hanna.

"Aaargh, you startle me!" Minhyun screamed as soon as he saw Hanna.

Hanna eyed him. "What's wrong with you?"

He walked pass Hanna and approached Dongho who was already there.  "Morning buddy. It's not like usual, you're late. Did something happen?" Dongho casually asked Minhyun.

Minhyun scratched his nape. "Ah? N-no.."

"You two have made up, right?" asked Dongho while pointing on Minhyun and Hanna.

Minhyun answered in stutter. "Uh? Uhm.. y-yes.."

Dongho chuckled. "He's weird." He told Hanna.

Hanna directly agreed. "Yeah, he's not in his sanity since last night."

Didn’t want Hanna touched that sensitive topic, Minhyun tried to change it. "Where's Jonghyun?"

"Picking up Minki.." answered Dongho casually.

And soon, Jonghyun was seen out from Choi residence with Minki.

 

They walked to the bus stop as usual. But what not usual was Minki bending his head down all the time.

Hanna asked him in worry, "Minki ya, are you okay? You look so pale."

Minki looked up for a moment as he answered. "Ah? I'm.. I'm okay.."

 

Even with that answer, all the Dobong-dong kids knew Minki was not right, but they chose to wait until Minki ready to tell them by himself.

But Minki was really out of his habit. Just like what happened when they just reached the school gate. Minki suddenly looked frighten.

“I.. I’ll go first..” He suddenly said it as he ran to the school, leaving all the kids behind.

“What happened with him, really?” Dongho commented in worry.

 

-00-

 

Not enough with that, Hanna found another suspicious thing in Minki. When Daehwi playfully surprised Minki from behind, Minki was screaming loudly like he was really scared.

He directly snapped him. "DON'T SURPRISE ME, LEE DAEHWI!!"

Daehwi looked so surprised with his reaction. It wasn’t like usual. Usually Minki would just hit him playfully as he nagged him. But this time, Minki looked SO MAD.

Daehwi directly apologized. "Ah.. s-sorry.."

Minki was still out of breath. He then left Daehwi without saying anything.

 

Hanna really wanted to talk to Minki and ask him what had happened. But she held herself, maybe she could indirectly touching that topic when they have lunch later.

But surprisingly they have guest when they were enjoying their lunches.

"Anyeeooong~~" Ong greeted the kids as he put the napkin filled with his lunch next to Daniel spot.

Knowing Ong suddenly joining their lunch, Minhyun accidentally choked his meal.

Moreoever when Hanna sweetly greeted him back. "Anyeong Seungwoo ya.."

"Seungwoo ya??" Ong opened his eyes in disbelieve. He thought he misheard what Hanna said. "Do you really call me Seungwoo?? Ya Kwak Hanna, are you sick?"

Hanna chuckled. "I'm not sick. Can't I call you Seungwoo? That's really a nice name, you know.."

Minhyun was still coughing when he heard Hanna talking sweet to Ong. He remembered what they had talk last night. No, no way.

Ong also thought that Hanna was suspicious. He shifted closed to Daniel as he asked, "Daniel, I'm scared. What happened with her?"

Not responding to his question, Daniel even asked back. "Why'd you come here?"

Ong directly smirked. "Can't I come here?"

"It's just not usual. You used to have lunch with Taehwan. Why suddenly join us?" asked Daniel casually.

"Taehwan is sick. I'm all alone~~ I only have you now, Niel." Ong acted like he was miserable and it got the kids laughing.

"Stop it. Stop it. Ah you're really drama. Just eat with us, it's okay." Hanna said it as she smiled to Ong.

Ong smiled back. "You are really nice today, Hanna. That makes you prettier." He said as he sent a flying heart to Hanna.

And Hanna responded with catching that heart while saying, "Thank you."

Minhyun could only frown as he watched their interaction.

 

Daehwi started the conversation with asking Ong. "Hyung, do you know Lim Yoojung? Your hoobae in Social 2B."

With that question, Ong directly clapped his hands. "Oh, I know what you will ask. Yes, she's going to apply for Miss Korea."

"Miss Korea?" The kids were surprised.

"Wait, is Yoojung you mean is that tiny Yoojung?" Namjoo asked in disbelief.

Daehwi was the one who answered. "Yup! It has been a hot topic in our hoobae's chat room. They are questioning the qualifications of Miss Korea."

"Our hoobae’s chat room? How'd you know that? Do you join it?" Minhyun asked.

"Surely it's Daehwi, guys.." Ong took the chance to answer. "But he's right. It has been a hot topic for Social students too. They think that she's not qualified for joining that competition. What funny is, they even bring Minki in the topic."

"Ah, you're right! You're right!" Daehwi excitedly agreed. "They say that Minki hyung is waaay prettier than her."

The kids were laughing by that.

Ong added to heat the conversation. "Yes, they even prefer Minki to join Miss Korea."

But then Minki pounded the table with his fist. "YAA!! STOP IT.” It startled everyone. Not only the kids, but everyone in the cafeteria.

He leaned over to Ong and Daehwi while saying. "Stop treating me like a girl! I'm a guy. Respect me as a guy!"

With that, he threw deadly stares to both of them before he walked away leaving the cafeteria with all of the eyes following him.

There was silent for a moment, since everyone froze.

"D-did w-we do something wrong?" Ong asked in stutter.

"Yeah, I guess we hurt his pride. Ah, what should we do?" Daehwi directly covered his face in regret.

Meanwhile the Dobong-dong kids were looking at one another, asking in their minds what had happened to their best friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter