Action Reaction

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 37: Action Reaction

 

Monday came.

Hanna was still laying on her bed as she staring at the ceiling.

“Today, I’m going to meet Jonghyun again after what happened that night.”

She was silent for a moment remembering what happened that night, when Hanna and Jonghyun had a talk from their hearts. “As I think about it, I should have told him that he deserves to be happy too. That feeling too happy is not a sin. I should have convinced him that if I can make him happy now, I can make him happy in the future too. That I will always make him happy and I won’t ever leave him.”

Hanna heaved a sigh. “But I didn’t do that. My mouth was shut. I didn’t say anything and only accepted his decision.” She paused before concluding, “Guess, I’m not that confident. There’s a doubt even in myself.”

 

-00-

 

Hanna was ready to go to school, but she stopped behind the gate. “Don’t be nervous, Hanna. Everything will be fine..”

She opened the gate, and as expected Jonghyun was out there. Hanna was trembling as soon as she saw Jonghyun. But then Jonghyun with his signature smile greeted her warmly, “Good morning, Hanna ya!”

See? Everything is fine. Everything is back to normal. Hanna smiled back as she approached him. “Good morning, Jonghyun ah..”

“Feeling energized for today?”

“Uhm?” Hanna was surprised by the question. Am I overacting? No? She threw away the thought and answered him. “Sure!”

Then there was a sound of the opening gate and soon there was a figure coming out. Jonghyun directly called him. “Oh, Minhy—“

But that person cut the words. “I’m going to Dongho..”

Looking how cold Minhyun was, Hanna thought, I shouldn’t have to be worried over Jonghyun, but that guy.

 

-00-

 

All the way to school, Minhyun was avoiding any eye contact with Hanna. He was clinging onto Dongho all the time and avoid to have any possible coNversation with Hanna. It reminded Hanna over what she tried to do after Minhyun’s joking confession. And somehow she felt hurt by his action. Is this a revenge?

Since they studied at the same school, meeting each other was inevitable. At the first break, Minhyun coincidentally met Hanna and Namjoo as he went out from library. He was surprised by their sudden appearance, moreover Jonghyun was still inside the library and he has none to talk with, in order to not have to greet them. So, he just hoped that Hanna continued chatting with Namjoo and didn’t see him passing.

Unfortunately, Namjoo noticed him as she looked up.

Soon, Hanna looked up too.

. Why’d I have to meet him now? Hanna naturally looked away from Minhyun

And her action hurt Minhyun. What? You don’t want to see me that much until you look away? Fine!

Minhyun chose to do the same way. He ignored them and walked away coldly.

Namjoo who was ready to greet him, was taken aback with his action. “Didn’t he see us??”

Hanna pulled Namjoo’s hand as she said, “Just forget it and let’s go take the book..”

 

-00-

 

Hanna couldn’t concentrate at the lessons. She kept remembering what has just happened at the corridor near the library, between her and Minhyun.

Why does he mad at me? I should be the one who mad at him.

 

At the same time in the next class, Minhyun was also doing the same.

Since she already had a talk with Jonghyun, does she forget what happened that night when she was blaming me? She doesn’t even have any intention to apologize instead looking away. Geez, that girl seriously.

 

-00-

 

Lunch time!

This was the time both Hanna and Minhyun scared the most. Scared of being awkward to each other. If they could, they wouldn’t join the lunch, but it could create suspicious among their friends. So, they couldn’t help but to endure it.

“Minki hyung, where were you going yesterday? Why didn’t you join us?” Daehwi started the conversation.

Didn’t wait Minki to answer, Dongho was the one who asked back, “Us?”

“Yeah, me, Hanna, Namjoo.” Daehwi simply answered.

Daniel replied with another question, “Where were you going?”

“Cinema, lunch together, karaoke..” answered Daehwi as he stirred the curry in his bowl.

“Ah, I thought you go somewhere interesting..” Daniel replied fast.

Daehwi felt offended. “That’s more than just interesting!”

“That’s mainstream.” Dongho foolishly added the fuel.

That made Daehwi rolling his eyes. “Okay, then tell me how you spent your weekend. Let me guess, since Dongho hyung can’t play Kendo again after his dad forbid him, then you two must have been playing video games, am I right?”

Daniel and Dongho simply nodded.

“That’s mainstream!” Daehwi snapped at them.

Daniel laughed as he asked in disbelief. “How can that mainstream??”

“What mainstream is Jonghyun must be sleeping the whole day.” Dongho suddenly changed the target of the teasing.

Jonghyun replied fast. “Nooo. I went with Minhyun to a cat cafe.”

“Oh? You go there again?" Minki looked surprise.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter