Just One Day

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 31: Just One Day

 

What’s confession? Hanna chuckled.

Why should I waste my time to recite those ing dramatic words?

Why should I waste my time to make myself prettier with this outfit, hairstyle, and makeup?

Why should I waste my time to prepare all of these?

When he didn’t even give me chance.

She felt disappointed with Jonghyun but couldn’t do anything with it. So she just mad to herself.

 

She heaved a heavy sigh as she stopped at the side of the bridge, looking far to the glowing river.

Why should I being crazy over him like this?

 

The moments she spent with Jonghyun was replaying in her mind, how happy she was that times, and how Jonghyun also look like he was enjoying that times. But then a moment she recently experienced, unexpectedly showed up. And it made Hanna unconsciously let out the words, “I wish I don’t like you, Jonghyun ah..”

 

The sounds of moving car, the birds flying, and the flow of the water in the river replaced anything at the moment. Hanna was shut.

 

She bent her head down as softly said, “But my wish of not wanting to like you anymore is a useless wish.”

 

Then her phone was ringing again. It was actually ringing for multiple times before, but Hanna was not on the mood to pick it up. But this time she decided to pick it up in case it was something urgent.

But turned out, it was from Minhyun. He sounded so hurry. "Where are you now?"

Hanna simply asnwered, "At the bridge."

But it made Minhyun jumping in surprise. "What are you doing there??"

"Just walking.. I'm going to Yeouido." Hanna answered as she started to walk.

Minhyun heaved a relieving sigh before asking carefully, "W-with Jonghyun?"

She hated why Minhyun had to call her and ask her that question. But she couldn’t be mad at Minhyun just because he ask. So Hanna hesitantly answered, "He left. It's totally failed."

With that, Minhyun replied fast, "Ya, just wait me. I'll meet you at Yeouido."

 

-00-

 

Few minutes later, Minhyun has reached Yeouido. As expected, it was packed with many people who come to enjoy the Cherry Blossoms Festival. He tried to call Hanna but she didn’t pick up, so he didn’t have any other option than looking for her in this crowd of people. Fortunately his eyes was keen enough to notice Hanna. She was sitting by herself under the tree, looking gloomy as ever.

He approached her and sat next to her while saying,  "Ya, your face is really contrast with the background.. In a beautiful place like this, at least you should try to smile. Look, everyone else look so happy."

Minhyun was expecting Hanna to snap at him with his teasing, but Hanna was still bending her head down as she softly replied, “How can I smile in this situation?”

Hanna’s reply confused Minhyun. He didn’t know what to do with this gloomy Hanna, so he could only ask, “What happened?”

Hanna heaved a sigh, "You know it too, Minhyun ah.. How hard the effort I made for the confession.. All the preparation, all the emotion I invested into this plan, but he chose to help that Chef than me. Helping his Chef to check the ingredients stock is far more important than spending time with me.” Hanna chuckled. “Kim Jonghyun, seriously.."

"Take a deep breath, calm down..” the confused Minhyun tried to calm Hanna in any kind of way. But he stupidly let out a wrong sentence. “If you really want to be his girlfriend, you should use to something like this. I've told you, he's really busy. He doesn't have time for a trivial things like this."

That words fueled Hanna up. "Trivial things you say??"

Minhyun directly made a clarification, "No, no, I'm sorry.. I mean, you don't need to work so hard to get his heart. If he really like you then he should be the one who confess to you. So now just forget what happened and enjoy this beautiful spring. Uhm?"

Hanna turned to see Minhyun and stared at his eyes. She wondered if Jonghyun would ever confess to her, the same like Minhyun did even if it was joking. But then, she brushed it off. "You're right. I shouldn’t waste my time thinking about him. This beautiful spring is too good to be wasting."

Minhyun smiled. "That's good. Let's go!" He offered his opened hand, and Hanna took it.

He pulled Hanna’s hand to help her getting up and they started to stroll along the streets enjoying the cherry blossom festival.

 

-00-

 

Minhyun initiatively asked Hanna to ride a bike together. He told her that biking will help her to release her emotion easier, and Hanna just agreed. They went to the bike rental and asked for two bikes, but there was only one couple bike. Hanna told Minhyun to just take it. So they started to go around Yeouido with Minhyun in front and Hanna in passenger seat.

“Don’t you feel the breeze? It’s so refreshing, right?” Minhyun asked Hanna excitedly, but Hanna only replied with a soulless ‘yeah.’

“The flower is so beautiful, right? Aaah, when will the time like this comes?” Minhyun was still trying, but there was no proper reply from Hanna.

Minhyun didn’t give up to try

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter