Make it work

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 24: Make It Work

 

Hanna woke up with a puffy red eyes from crying last night. She looked uglier and she hated it. But she couldn't just prison herself inside her room. She needed to go outside at least to fill her growling stomach since last night she didn't have a proper dinner. Unfortunately once she went out her room, she needed to meet her endless enemy, Kwak Aaron.

Her devilish brother eyed her in confuse.

Do I look that bad? Hanna asked in her mind.

Aaron approached her and asked, "Hanna ya, what have you did to Jonghyun?"  

"Eh??" Hanna was really surprised with that question. Shouldn't it be what has Jonghyun did to me?

"He gave you extra banana milk.. and a letter." Aaron said it as he gave five bottles of banana milk that has been tied with a letter.

Hanna directly took it. "Did you read the letter?"

"Of course." Aaron answered calmly.

With that Hanna nearly hit him, but he could avoid it. "Hish!"

"Kidding. I'm not that curious." Aaron said it before he sipped his own bottle of milk while going away.

 

Enough with the morning tease from her brother, Hanna directly went back inside her room with the letter and the milks in her hand. She opened the letter and started to read it.

Morning Hanna..

I want to sincerely apologize over what I've said yesterday. There's nothing I can say but sorry. Please forget what I've said, it's my mistake.  I wish I could apologize to you directly but I have a meeting for Olympiad preparation this morning. I hope this extra banana milk can erase your anger at me. I'll see you soon when I'm home. I hope you still want to meet me.

The one who believe in you,

Jonghyun

 

A smile was painted in Hanna's face.

"How can I finish these five bottles of milk? You are really a fool, Kim Jonghyun." She couldn’t stop smiling.

But then she was feeling guilty. "Why need to apologize anyway, you did nothing wrong, Jonghyun ah.. What you said is true.."

Hanna sighed. "But what would I say when I meet you later?" She was thinking for a moment, then decided,  "It can't be like this. I have to do something!"

 

Hanna drank the milk and directly had a quick breakfast. She worked on her daily chores really fast and took a quick shower. She was running with the times. The deadline of the competition video admission was this day, so she need to do everything real quick.

She chose a nice top to wear, put a light make up and then ready to record the video of her singing a song. Of course before doing all of it, she made sure to lock her door in case her enemy suddenly barge in.

She chose to sing Seo Chanwhee song - Tears. She could only think of it, whatever, she didn't have enough time. But recording isn't actually easy. She often made a mistake, so she should record again from the beginning. Moreover she need to fill the application form and etc. It wasn't as easy as she expected.

As soon as she finished it, she directly went to JTBC building. She decided to send it herself. Doesn't it show my huge desire? Maybe I will get some positive point from that.

Hanna was running to the bus stop while smiling. So is this how it feels to chase the dream? It's exciting!

 

-00-

 

For Olympiad preparation, Jonghyun had to attend daily and weekend meeting. Daily meeting was with the mentor from each school and was done in each school, while weekend meeting was with the whole team of selected Seoul representatives in the Seoul Metropolitan Library.

Jonghyun was more excited with weekend meeting than daily meeting because that mean he could meet and discuss the problems with other Biology representatives. One from Gangnam and one from Mapo. They were quite friendly, Jonghyun felt a lot more comfortable studying with them than with Junghwa. But somehow being with them reminded Jonghyun that some parts of what Junghwa saying is true.

"Jonghyun ah, which hospital will you do the internship?" Sanghyuk, the representative form Gangnam, asked Jonghyun.

Haven't even been answered, Yunhyeong, the representative from Mapo replied to Sanghyuk, "Do you get the internship? Which hospital?"

"Konkuk hospital." Sanghyuk answered calmly.

"Woah Konkuk?? Daebak! How could you get it there? Man, you're really lucky! I could only volunteer in a small clinic near my house." Yunhyeong grumbled.

Sanghyuk could only smile proudly. But then he asked Jonghyun again, "You must have already applied to a big hospital too, right Jonghyun ah? You're the smartest among us."

Jonghyun was surprised with that question. "Ah, I'm...." He was confused how to answer Sanghyuk’s question. Fortunately, Sanghyuk’s attention was moved to something else.

"Oh, my mom has come."

Yunhyeong directly teased Sanghyuk. "With that tall body psoture, you’re still being pick up by your mom? Surely you spoiled child.”

Sanghyuk replied fast. "Not that. I need to see my study consultant after this. So my mom has to come along.” He then walked as he waved goodbye. “See you tomorrow guys."

Both Jonghyun and Yunhyeong could only wave their hands to Sanghyuk as he went inside his luxurious car and went away.

Yunhyeong commented, "Woah, he's rich. No surprise if he could get the access."

Jonghyun furrowed his brows. “The access?”

"Don’t you hear when he mentioned his study consultant? The consultant will observe your resume and make an analysis regarding you strength and weakness, which part you should improve, and etc. It's needed to make a flawless resume." Yunhyeong explained.

Jonghyun still didn’t get it. "Doesn't it usually the teacher at school?"

"Nooo. It’s an independent institution which charge expensive fees. It usually has many secret link

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter