Jealous

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 20: Jealous

 

Remembering Hanna mentioned Dongho in her tantrum, Minhyun decided to visit Dongho in his house. When he was just wanting to knock the front door, Minhyun heard Dongho's voice.

"Why'd you do that, dad?"

His dad calmly responded, "Did Bumzu tell you?"

"It's not important he told me or what. I'm asking why you did that, dad." Dongho is an upright person, he didn't want to waste the time and directly asked what he wanted to know.

"You should have been grateful we let you join Kendo as your extracurricular, why are you asking more to join the championship?"

"Why not? Dongho replied fast.

"You can get hurt. Get injured. You know your mom won't allow it happen." Mr. Kang told Dongho firmly.

Dongho sighed. "It's normal to get injured in martial arts, dad."

"That's why we don't want you to join martial arts, Dongho. You're our only child."

Listened to what his dad saying, Dongho chuckled. "Don't give me that lame reason, dad. If mom treasure me that much, she won't leave me alone in this house every day. Where is she right now? Is she still in her laboratory? Hah, what a good mom do to her precious only child."

“Kang Dongho!!!”

Dongho walked away, leaving his dad calling his name in anger.

Once he opened the door, he found Minhyun was standing there awkwardly, looking at him and grinned.

 

-00-

 

"Here for you." Minhyun gave a can of soda to Dongho who was sitting in the front of mini market, waiting for him.

"Thanks." Dongho took and directly drank it.

Minhyun sat across the table and also drank it. He straightened his back and started the conversation, "Sorry for overhearing your conversation with your dad."

"No problem." Dongho responded fast but soft.

There was a silent for a moment until Minhyun asked, "Then what will you do?"

Dongho sighed. "I don't know. Maybe I'll try to persuade Master Bumzu again. I won't give up until he let me in."

"Won't you try to talk to your mom?"

"She's the most difficult one, Minhyun ah, you know it."

"I think the most possible one who can make you join the championship is your dad, Dongho. He's the head of PE and sport extracurricular, so Master Bumzu can't let you in without his approval. So get closer to your dad, and persuade him more. He can also persuade your mom." Minhyun explained his thought.

"The problem is, my dad is under my mom's control, Minhyun ah.” Dongho brushed his hair in frustration.  “Ah, I don't know what to do anymore!"

 

-00-

 

After having a talk with Dongho, Minhyun went back to his house. He went inside his room and sat in front of his desk. He was thinking about Dongho's problem and what Hanna saying to him.

He heaved a deep sigh. "Hanna is right. I should be ashamed. How can I say I'm tired? Jonghyun must have feel more tired than me but he didn't whine."

With that, Minhyun took his Physics book and started to study.

"It's not too late, Minhyun ah. There are still two more days, you can do your best!" He encouraged himself.

 

-00-

 

It was the D-day for Daesang High School's Olympiad team; Jonghyun, Minhyun, and Junghwa. Even though it was still in the step of Province screening test, but it was already a big challenge for them. Because they will compete with another 24 districts to represent Seoul, the capital and largest metropolis of South Korea.

The competition was held in Songpa Hotel, so since noon the team was gathered there. They have been given the room key and Jonghyun got a room with Minhyun, while Junghwa needed to share a room with another school's representative.

At night, they gathered in a hall for the opening of the competition. Jonghyun and Minhyun observed another representatives. The representatives from Gangnam district stood out the most among another representatives. They looked so cold and only gathered among themselves when it was actually the time to socialize with another team from another district. Jonghyun and Minhyun got many new friends from Mapo and Yongsan district.

 After the opening, they had a meeting to talk about the rules for tomorrow's competition.

The meeting ended in 9 p.m., Jonghyun and Minhyun directly went to their room to rest. After washing his face, Minhyun his phone -they were forbid to turn on the phone at the event- and he got many messages from Dobong-dong kids, encouraging him for the competition, including Hanna. There were also few miss-calls from her.

"Why did she call me multiple times? Is something happened? Ah, should I call her back?"

Before Minhyun finished thinking about Hanna, the one whom he was thinking called him.

"Yoboseyo?" Minhyun greeted as he picked up the call.

"Minhyun ah, it's me, Hanna.." Hanna said softly.

"Uhm, why?"

Hanna slowly said, "I just wanna say sorry.. Sorry about what I said to you two days ago. I was being emotional that time, I'm sorry."

"Stop saying sorry. You are right, Hanna, I shouldn't have that thought. I will do my best in this competition, I promise to you."

Hanna smiled from across the phone. "That's good! That's my Minyeonnie.."

Minhyun was smiling to hear Hanna calling him hers.

But then Hanna asked, "Where is Jonghyun? I want to talk to him too."

Minhyun heaved a sigh. "He's in the bathroom now." But at the perfect time, Jonghyun came out from the bathroom. Minhyun corrected his words. "Ah, he just come out."

Minhyun directly handed his phone to Jonghyun as he said, "Hanna wanna talk with you."

Jonghyun took the phone and greeted her, "Hello, Hanna!"

"Jonghyun aaaah.. How are you? Why don't you sleep? It's already late night. You need to rest well, so tomorrow you'll be fresh and can be more focus in doing the test."

Jonghyun was laughing. He put the phone call on loudspeaker as he answered, "It’s still 9:17, Hanna. I might still busy serving the dish in the restaurant, if I’m not here right now.”

“No no no! Just sleep. You need sleep Jonghyun ah. Just think of it as your chance to rest."

Jonghyun wanted to tease Hanna, “Hanna ya, I’m roommates with Minhyun now.. It’s such a long time we didn’t spend the night together. I think I'll be playing games with him all night.”

It was heard that Hanna sighing. "Why do you want to play games in this situation? Tomorrow will be a crucial time for both of you.”

Jonghyun was laughing. "Yeah, I know, I know. I'm only kidding, Hanna. Even if I asked Minhyun to play game with me, he must say no. Right, Minhyun ah?"

Minhyun only answered with a smile.

"That's right. Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter