First Love

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2: First Love

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012!!!

They all were happily blowing the trumpet. Happy faces were seen in everyone's face. With new year coming, there comes a new hope that this year will be better.

So did Hanna. In between her euphoria, she closed her eyes to pray, that this year she will do better and all of her resolutions could come true.

And once she opened her eyes. One person in one of her resolutions came to greet her.

"Anyeonghaseyoo.." he bowed as he entered the house. 

Seeing him coming, Hanna couldn't help but to welcome him with a warm smile as she called his name. "Jonghyun aaaah!"

"Anyeong chingudeul.." He greeted the kids briefly while walking to the parents. Of course, greeting the parents is his priority, no wonder he got the tittle as the most wanted son in law.

"Anyeonghaseyo Aunt, Uncle.. I bring some hotteok (korean pancake) on my way home. Please enjoy it.." Jonghyun took several pieces of hotteok and set it on a plate, while the rest of the hotteok he set on another plate. 

"Aigoo, my son in law.. thank you for the hotteok.. This must be your dad's favorite, right?" Mrs. Hwang commented.

"Yes, Auntie Hwang.." Jonghyun answered as he smiled before he lowering his body to match his dad's wheelchair and said, "Happy New Year, dad.."

His dad gave him a sincere smile as he caressed Jonghyun's hair full of love. 

"Jonghyun ah, come here. There's pizza for you.." Minhyun insensitively broke the moment Hanna treasured. 

Jonghyun said yes and excused himself from the parents area to the kids.

"Here, I bought you hotteok.." Jonghyun gave another plate of hotteok he bought for Dongho. He knew Dongho loves to eat Hotteok.

But this huge boy seems unaware of it, because he even complained "Woah, but why is it cold?"

Hanna might have strangled Dongho if he didn't add his sentence with, "But thank you.. it's delicious even tho it's cold.."

Jonghyun could only reply with a chuckle. 

He sit on the carpet and took a slice of pizza while saying, "Thank you for the pizza.."

While seeing Jonghyun eating the pizza, Hanna commented, "I thought you will come at 1:00 just like last year.."

"Fortunately, we're already out of ingredients in 11:00.. so we closed the restaurant and just need to do some cleaning before 00:00. I make it on time, right?" Jonghyun answered while he munched the pizza.

"You should have worked in our chicken shop instead." Minhyun responded.

"Aish, no need to debate over that thing again, Minhyun ah.." Jonghyun shut Minhyun up.

"OII!" Mr. Hwang's loud Busan dialect startled everyone. "I nearly forget that we have a new camera! Minhyun ah, go get it and take pictures of us!"

"Aigoo Dad, you nearly got me heart attack just for the camera.." Minhyun got up as he grumbled over his dad's order. 

In only few minutes Minhyun came back with a camera in his hands. His dad directly organized the parents to pose in front of camera. 

"I'll count to three, okay.. ready, 1, 2, 3, click!" Minhyun shot the pictures of the parents' happy faces with hotteok in their hands.

He took several pictures before moving to the kids area. "Guys, make a pose.."

Hanna directly grabbed her trumpet and posed like she blew the trumpet, while Jonghyun pose with the pizza, Dongho with his hotteok, and Minki with Grace in his lap. "Click!"

"I want too.." Minhyun protested that he didn't include in the picture. 

With that Jonghyun gave idea. "Just put the camera above the TV and set the timer.." 

"Ah, that's right!" Minhyun followed Jonghyun idea and then asked the kids. "Guys, are you ready?"

"Wait, wait! Yaa, how could you pose with pizza and hotteok like this. Put them down and go grab your trumpets. We should pose like we just celebrate the New Year's Eve.." Hanna commanded the kids and forced them to put down their foods. 

"Aish, this girl.." Dongho grumbled but obeyed anyway. Jonghyun and Minki were also doing what Hanna told them to do.

Seeing his friends were already in pose, Minhyun said, "I'll start the timer, okay?" With that, he ran to the kids and set himself in the center between Dongho and Hanna. Just right before the timer clicking, he successfully grabbed his trumpet and made a pose. 

Click! 

"Hoaaaahmmm" A loud yawn from Grace ended the photo session. 

"Oooh uri Grace is sleepy.." Mrs. Kwak who listened to her daughter's yawning, directly got up and approached Minki to take her daughter home.

"I'll better bring Grace home.. Hanna ya, help Auntie Hwang cleaning the house before you go home, okay?" Hanna's mom never let one minute passed without making Hanna sighing.

"Owkay.." Hanna answered softly.

With that, one by one the parents leaving the house, while the kids helping Mrs. Hwang to tidy up the room. Jonghyun, Dongho, and Minki were tidying the family room, while Minhyun and Hanna were washing dishes.

Minhyun was the one who wash the plates, while Hanna was the one who rinse it. While busy over the dishes, Hanna started the conversation, "Minhyun ah.."

"Uhm?" Minhyun responded shortly while still focusing on the dishes.

Hanna asked, "What's your wish for this new year?" 

Minhyun looked surprise by that question, "Why suddenly?"

Feeling irritated that Minhyun asking back, Hanna replied, "Can't I ask that question?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter