Congraduation

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18: Congraduation

 

Dongho rushed through the door of the waiting room while screaming Minki's name.

"Yaa, how could you transform into this?" Dongho laughed out loud, like he was really happy to see Minki in a girl's appearance.

Minki who previously stayed silent, ths time spoke up, "Why? Why? Are you happy to see me like this??"

Dongho was still laughing, but in the end he said, "You're really pretty."

Minki whined, "AAAH, STOP IT!"

 

-00-

 

As the students have been working so hard for whole series of events in School Festival, a day after the Performing Night, the Dobong-dong kids spent it with sleeping, except Jonghyun, he had to work, as usual.

At night, there were only Hanna and Dongho who went outside. Sejong treat Hanna a dinner as a thank you for helping her delivering a satisfying performance. Sejong did it. She could hit the high notes beautifully in her solo performance, and choir overall’s performance were also good.

Dongho went out with his classmates to celebrate their victory as the best class who got the most points. It all thanked to Dongho for winning most of the sport competitions and to Daniel for showing his abs. Most of the girls from class 3 chose class Science 2C as the best King&Queen performance because of that abs.

But it wasn't only Daniel who got famous after that night, Choi Minki was also taking the spotlight. The picture of him cross-dressing as a girl, dancing Troublemaker was spreading in every class' group chats. He was titled as The most pretty boy in Daesang High School.

 

-00-

 

And finally the graduation day came. The ceremony took place during the day in the hall where the Performing Night previously being held. The students from class 3 were given the seat of honors on the main floor while the school choir was standing at the side, ready to lead the audience singing national anthem and school march. The family of the graduate students sitting in the bleachers.

The ceremony itself was ordinary, School Principal opened the ceremony and gave introduction speech, and then classes come up on stage, get their piece of paper, and go back to their chairs. The students looked bored, but when the teachers called out one of the representative of the students to give speech, they started to straighten their back to focus on listening to the speech.

It was Hwang Sujin, the representative of the students who will give a speech.

Wearing a neat uniform and casual hair do, Sujin looked beautiful on podium. She the microphone and started the speech. “Honorable School Principal Kang Daesang, Honorable School Vice Principal Lee Seunghyun, school committee, teachers, parents, co-graduates, ladies and gentlemen, a pleasant afternoon to all of you.”

“I am greatly honored and flattered to have been asked to speak for this very, very wonderful occasion. I am not the smartest nor the coolest among the students. But since my fellow friends has chosen me to stand here, I will try my best to represent them all.” Sujin sent smile to her friends.

She continued, "My fellow graduates, my friends, we only arrived here three short years ago. At that time we still do not know each other, we still often fight because of trivial things, we still have to adapt to the new environment in this school. Remember when we used to worry about the ranking-based class placement system? There are many questions like, Can we survive in such a harsh system? Will students in lower ranks-class not feel discriminated against the higher ranks-class? I think now you can answer it.” Sujin smiled again.

She firmly said, “We can get through it. Something we used to think it will be difficult, then it turned out to be easy. For your information, I have never been in class A, I have a spectacular record for having three consecutive years in class B.” Everyone was laughing over Sujin’s jokes.

“Then do I feel inferior? The answer is no. Being in class B makes my learning spirit more encouraged. And my friends in class A really help their friends in the other classes to be more advanced in the study. This family atmosphere and mutual help is what I really love and miss from Daesang high school.” Listened to that, the students were clapping their hands.

"I know the life of high school student is very tiring. But now we are here, together to reap more than all the combined product of the thirst, hunger, exhaustion, and sleepless nights we encountered en route to this exciting moment. After this we will continue our life to the next phase. Whether it is studying to university or working, we will enter a new world, a more challenging world. If there is a time you asked yourself, Will I able to live it? Just look back at what we have passed together at Daesang high school.”

Sujin took a deep breath before continuing, “Today, as we leave with a diploma on hand, remember the good times as well as the bad times we've experienced together at Daesang High School that made us a better person. Keep being kind, keep being humble, keep being generous, keep helping each others, like we have did. Because we are the same human who try to live in this world, let's keep our hands together. When one time we falter and fumble, there will be someone who lend a hand to us, like we used to do. Keep it that way. Bear in mind the promises we made to keep contact, to come back and visit our alma mater, helping our dongsaengs.”

Sujin then moved the stare to the bleachers, where few of her dongsaengs sitting. “To all of our dongsaengs who will soon follow our steps, we want to say, put your goal high, do your best to get that, but compete healthily. Don’t let competition separate you. Don’t take SAT as a matter of life and death. It’s only a small hurdle that you soon jump over. Work hard, play modest, don’t be stress, enjoy your teenage life. Remember, you can’t turn back time. So create a beautiful memory like we did.” With that, few of class 2 students who came to the graduation, including Dobong-dong kids were clapping their hands.

“I am going to miss the days we have spent together. Keep our dreams alive! And finally, please let me end this speech with a quote from the famous Winston Churchill, Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts. God bless you all. Thank you.” Sujin ended it with a 90 degrees’ bow.

And that made all of the audiences in the hall, including the teachers, the parents and the students, standing up and giving applause. Some of the students even shed tears.

 

-00-

 

After the ceremonial ended, Sujin went out from the hall and was welcomed by his parents. Both her mom and dad planted soft kisses on her cheeks, feeling really proud of their daughter. Mrs. Kwak and also Mrs. Choi were also coming to congratulate Sujin.

"You're really cool, Sujin." Mrs. Kwak said as she hugged her.

"Thank you, Auntie."

"Yes, you have successfully made us proud, Sujinnie." Mrs. Choi also hugged her. "Mr. Kim sent a congratulatory message for you."

"Thank you, Auntie. And also sent my thanks to Uncle Kim too."

Minhyun approached Sujin as he offered a handshake. "Congratulation for your graduation, noona."

Hanna eyed Minhyun and commented, "Why'd you have to be so awkward with your own noona?” She casually hugged Sujin as she said, “Sujin noonaaa congratulations! You're really awesome."

"Thanks, Hanna.."

Minki also gave a short hug to Sujin. "Congratulation, noona.”

“Thanks, Minki..”

This time Jonghyun came and offered a handshake. “Sujin noona, congratulation for your graduation and also for being accepted in Yonsei."

Sujin looked surprise. "Ah, yeah. How could you figure it out? It's just announced last night."

"Minhyun told me."

Sujin stole a glance to Mihyun and then smiled to Jonghyun. "You should get SNU, Jonghyun ah. I believe you can get in. Lead Minhyun to get there too."

"Ah yeah, noona. I hope so." Jonghyun smiled back.

Then the most-waited interaction will soon to be happened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter