Competition (2)

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 15: Competition (2)

 

“MINKI YA? REALLY??”

Hanna turned her head to see Jonghyun coming along with Minhyun. He walked closer to Minki while covering his mouth. “Oh My God, you’re soooo.... pretty.”

Minki was embarrassed. He wanted to hide his face with covering his face, but Jonghyun held his hand. “Hey, don’t be shy. It’s okay..”

Jonghyun’s left hand held Minki’s hand while his right hand was lifting Minki’s chin to see his face clearly. But then he covered his mouth again in disbelief, “Oh My God.. Wow, I’m speechless.”

“Stop it.” Minki said softly as his face getting redden.

“You seriously look like my type.” Jonghyun naturally said it.

But it made Hanna’s mouth open wider, What???

Seemed it wasn’t enough, Jonghyun even added, “Choi Minki, do you want to be my girlfriend?”

Hanna’s heart dropped. He really wanted it to be something that she misheard, but no, she clearly heard it. Jonghyun has just asked someone to be his girlfriend? And it was Choi Minki.

Hanna has fallen to Jonghyun since years ago. But with only a day, Minki has successfully get asked the things Hanna wanted to be asked the most.

Seriously, I’m lose to Minki.

Like it wasn't enough, Jonghyun even tried to kiss Minki's cheek. And like it was happened in slow motion, Jonghyun's lips has successfully landed on Minki's cheek.

With that Hanna screamed so loud. "ANDWEEE!!!"

 

Hanna woke up, sweating, out of breath. She just had a bad dream. She felt limp, but also felt relieved that it was only a dream.

She covered her face, didn't understand why she could dream Minki and Jonghyun in that kind of way. Maybe she was still shocked at how pretty Minki that noon and she was just missing Jonghyun already. But as Hanna thinking, Jonghyun has always treated Minki in a sweet way. Like he always put his arm on Minki’s when they sat next to each other or how he leaned on Minki comfortably, or how he always let Minki get in line first when they have lunch. Thinking that way, Hanna directly shook her head. “No, Jonghyun has always been good to everyone. Don’t be kidding me, Kwak Hanna. You can’t be jealous to Minki.”

With that, Hanna went to bathroom to brush her teeth. While doing it, she remembered what truly happened yesterday. Minhyun and Jonghyun didn’t come to Shiyoon’s house, but Seungcheol did. As Shiyoon successfully made over Minki; he was praising Minki’s beauty endlessly, he even called him his wife. Even though Minki didn’t say it, but Hanna could see a bit of bothersome in Minki’s face. Hanna thought, Aah he must have some kind of mental breakdown, right now. But Hanna chose to stay silent, he didn’t want to make Minki’s mood get down more.

 

-00-

 

As Hanna finished her breakfast, she went out the house and found Jonghyun was standing beside Minki, it directly reminded her about her dream.

"Good morning, Hanna." Jonghyun greeted.

But Hanna remained silent, she looked even nervous. Her mind was flying to a part of her dream when Jonghyun asked Minki to be his girlfriend.

With that Minki asked, "What's wrong with you? You look surprised."

"Ah, n-no.." Hanna stuttered. Scared that she might get caught, she tried to change the topic. "Where's Minhyun?"

"He went to call Dongho." Minki answered casually.

Hanna sighed. "Ah, it will be quite long."

"It's okay, we're not in hurry anyway.", said Jonghyun. "How's your class preparation for the D-day?”

Hanna sighed. "There are still many things to do, our class isn't ready." Hanna’s eyes suddenly caught Minki’s eyes and he looked a bit uncomfortable, maybe because it reminded him about the cross-dressing he should do.

Jonghyun responded casually. "Yeah, my class too. Moreover we haven't finished our video."

"GOOD MORNING!" The two guys who they were waiting for has coming.

Responding to the loud greeting Dongho made, Hanna said, "The bear has finally wake up from his hibernation."

Dongho smirked. "I'm not a bear, I'm a white tiger!"

Hanna ignored what Dongho said, and asked him to bow.

“What?” Dongho didn’t understand what she mean.

“Bow a bit.”

 

With that, Dogho obeyed and lower his head in front of Hanna. Hanna then combed his messy hair with her hands. "Nah, this is good."

Minhyun who was standing next to Dongho was quite surprise with Hanna’s action. Lately he felt like Hanna should do skinship only with him, when actually she’s always do that too with the other kids. Minhyun shook his head as he tried to let go of his thought. "Let's go."

 

They waited at the bus stop while chatting and joking, especially Hanna and Dongho. This morning they joked a lot for something that the other kids couldn’t find it funny. So when the bus came and they entered in sequence, Dongho and Hanna get into the bus last. The bus was already full, none of them could sit. Then it got more crowded, and it made Hanna having pushed by other passengers. Getting further away from him, Minhyun continued to watch Hanna. When the bus turned or braked, Hanna often seemed almost out of balance and some male passengers accidentally made a physical contact with her. Didn't have the heart to see Hanna's suffering, Minhyun trying to penetrate the crowded passengers to be near Hanna and protect her. But didn’t get to her yet, Minhyun has seen other guy do what he wanted to do.

Dongho casually stood behind Hanna and became Hanna's shield from the other passengers. Hanna was also surprised by that.

"Oh?" Hanna turned her head and found that Dongho was standing so close to her.

Dongho even said, "I'm going to protect you."

Hanna was smiling so bright, "Omo you're so cool, Yeokshi, our Kang Dongho. Thanks."

Minhyun saw it in a slow motion. Like Jonghyun is not enough, this time Dongho too? Minhyun thought.

He felt disappointed. The chance for him to be Hanna's protector has been taken over by Dongho. He knew he shouldn't have to be sad because they were all just friends, but Minhyun couldn't help but to be jealous.

In the middle of it, the bus braked and it made Minhyun lose his balance. He ended up falling to the guy in front of him and it made the other passengers to look at him, including Hanna and Dongho. Didn't giving any help, they even only laughed at him.

Damn.

 

-00-

 

 

This day is the D-1 before the Open Class and also Performing Night, so all the students were busy preparing for it. Science 2-B students were still busy decorating the class. It was decorated with the miniature of Big 3 Agencies' building, the CDs and posters from various kpop groups and also poster from various popular k-dramas. Namjoo even lent her big poster of Moon Embrace the Sun to be decorated in the class. Some of the students has been asked to cosplay as popular figures in Korean Entertainment Industry, Sanggyun as Yang Hyunsuk, Kenta as JYP, and Yongguk as Lee Sooman. Shiyoon and friends were going to cosplay SNSD, while Namjoo excitedly wanted to cosplay Suzy.  Hanna weren't interested to join it, because she had another things to do. She still had Choir practices every noon, so this time too she went to choir class.

 

They practiced for the performance diligently, but seemed Sejong who has been chosen to take the solo performance still couldn't give her best yet. She was pointed out by Ms. Shin many times. Hanna didn’t have a heart to see her being scolded like that, but she thought that nothing she could do. It was the consequences for taking the spot she wanted.

But in the end of the practice, Sejong called Hanna. "Unnie.."

Hanna turned her head. "Oh, Sejong ah.. Why?"

Sejong slowly approached Hanna, "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

Hanna had no idea of what will Sejong talk with her, but she just nodded and followed her to the park.

As they reached the park, they sat on the bench side by side and Sejong started the conversation in hesitant, "Aaah, how should I say it?"

Hanna tried to encourage her. "Why? It's okay.. You can tell me.."

Slowly Sejong spoke up. "You know that I got scolded by Ms. Shin a lot lately.. Maybe you didn't hear it, but I've heard Mrs. Shin say that she regret choosing me, she thought it would've been easier if she choose you."

Hanna was surprised. "What? Did she say that?"

Sejong nodded. "Yeah. So... I want to ask you if you want to replace me."

Hanna's heart dropped. Sure, she wanted that position badly, but not to the extent to replace someone who has been chosen before. "Hey, don't be like that. You don't need to be replaced."

"But I feel like I'm going to screw our performance, unnie.." Sejong looked so worry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter