Challenge

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 11: Challenge

 

You are worth to be loved, Hanna ya..

If you could give me a chance, I will love you with all of my heart

You don’t need to feel insecure, because I like the way you are

But the question is, why am I not the one who you like?

 

Minhyun was drowned in his feeling as he looked at Hanna deeply. A loving look that the lead actor usually do to the lead actress in a romance drama. Instead melting by the stare, Hanna found it weird. What she did next was beyond Minhyun’s expectation. She flicked his forehead, hard.

"Aaak" Minhyun screamed in pain.

Meanwhile Hanna said coldly. “Don’t look at me that way. It feels strange.”

Minhyun rubbed his forehead softly as he glared at Hanna. How can I like this girl, seriously?

 

[the picture of Minhyun looking at Hanna lovingly and Hanna flicked his forehead, side to side]

#BGM: Roy Kim feat Kim Sunjae

 

 

-00-

 

 

The Dobong-dong kids spent the rest of their winter break with studying together in Jonghyun's house. Jonghyun really wanted them to be in the same class with him in their last year of high school. He asked them to give their best and they promised it to him. But words is a lot easier than action, because in reality they still hard to focus on the study.

 

 

They directly faced the exam in their first school day in 2012. As usual, Jonghyun looked 100% focus in doing his exam, but Minhyun looked uneasy. He had debate with himself.

Ah, I don't want to be in the same class again with Jonghyun.

He will only ask me to study or recommend me this or that everything that will give me credit point.

I prefer in the same class with Hanna.

Should I deliberately choose the wrong answer?

But no, Hanna said she will do her best.

What if she end up getting the class A.

Ah really, what should I do?

 

Moving to class 2 B, Hanna and Minki were doing the exam seriously. Even though it could be seen from their faces that they found it difficult. But they did their best. Not like what happened with particular person in class 2C. It was only 15 minutes since he get the question and answer sheets, Dongho was found sleeping.

 

 

Two week passed so fast, and this day was their last exam. Finished with the last exam, Dobong-dong kids were having lunch with their classmates in the cafeteria.

"Aaaah finally the deadly exam week is over!" Hanna screamed happily.

"Are you confident to get class A for the next study year?" Jonghyun asked Hanna.

Hanna grinned. "I don't know Jonghyun ah.. I don't want to make a big expectation."

"It's okay, effort won't ever betray." Jonghyun told Hanna as he smiled.

Hanna couldn’t help but to smile back. She always like these supportive words from Jonghyun.

Dongho also responded, "Don't wait for me, Jonghyun ah. I don't think I can be in the same class with you. I don't even think I can be in the same class with Hanna."

Dongho’s statements made the others laughing. Daniel even added the information, “Dongho hyung slept in our math exam just after 15 minutes.”

“What?? You’re unbelievable, Kang Dongho!” Minhyun responded the loudest while giving thumb up to his best friend.

Meanwhile Dongho could only give a bitter surrender laugh.

Daehwi then initiated to change the topic. "Let's just forget about exam. Start from next week we'll be preparing for the school festival. I hope this year will be more fun than our last year school festival."

"But it's actually a bit disappointing that school move the schedule from autumn to winter. That makes us can't do outdoor sports, right?" Dongho complained.

But Jonghyun explained slowly, "The school has reasons to move the festival schedule. If it was held in autumn, the 3rd year students couldn't participate because they are still focus in SAT preparation. And our activities would even disturb them. If it was held in winter, I mean now, they are already free from study, so do we as we finished our final exam. So I think it's a good decision school made."

Already guessing that Jonghyun will take the school side, Dongho could only respond with a sarcasm, "Thank you for the explanation, Mr. School representative."

"They will give bigger prize too for this year festival." Minhyun added.

Listened to what Minhyun was saying, Dongho got his spirit back. "Really? Woah, we should win it, Niel!"

"Yeah, it will be like our last time having fun together in class 2 before the next class replacement." Daniel responded sadly.

But it made Dongho yell at him. "Yaa, you don't want to be in the same class with me again?"

"Ah. I mean before we're focusing in SAT, hyung.. Next year must be like a nightmare." Daniel explained his slipped words and it made the others laughing.

"Let's work hard, play hard. Now the time for us to have fun. Please anticipate class 2 A. We'll try our best to win all the competitions." Jonghyun’s positive words challenged the others.

Daniel who have just made slip words, wanted to make it up by saying, "No. no. Class 2 C will win the sport competitions, because we have Dongho hyuuuung...."

Dongho smiled proudly, happy by Daniel’s words.

But class 2 B student didn’t want to lose. Namjoo spoke up for her class. "Hey, don't underestimate class 2B. There are many people in our class who's full of talents! We’ll win the competition for sure."

And soon the conversation was filled with their bragging about how they will succeed to get the festival’s prize.

 

-00-

 

 

After lunch, the students went back to their class to discuss about their planning for the festival.

Ha Sungwoon -class 2B’s president class- went front and told the others. "Guys, attention please!" He knocked the table to sign his classmate to stop chatting and give him attention. He continued,  "I'm going to read the announcement for our school festival. Please listen..."

 

School festival will be held from February 2012, 6th to 18th. It will be divided into talent and sport co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter