Chapter 3:

I Am My Father's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yejin had been taken to a side room off from the main meeting room with Luhan and Xiumin. They sat around a metal table with the stunning colt sitting in the middle. The two men on one side and Yejin alone on the other like she was getting interrogated. Luhan still seemed fairly entertained by the events though hearing about the Poseidon debt did seem to shake him slightly, while Xiumin turned stoic as he faced the girl.

Leaning his folded arms against the table Luhan looked to his business partner and friend as he was the one to break the silence. “So why haven't I heard about this debt to Poseidon?” he inquired.

“Nobody knew about it, but the two of us,” Xiumin stated.

“Wrong,” Yejin interjected. Both pairs of eyes turned to her as she brushed a stray hair out of her face. “I was there when you presented Poseidon the gun and swore to pay him back whenever he wanted,” she explained.

“Where was it then? We had agreed to meet in secret,” Xiumin challenged with a straight face.

“Do you want the date too?” Yejin muttered sarcastically. Maybe it was the stress and lack of sleep catching up to her but she had no patience to be going through such lengths to prove herself since she finally found Xiumin and presented him the gun like she had been told. Luhan was suppose to be the hard part not Xiumin.

“Just answer the question,” he said.

Sighing Yejin said, “It was at Luhan's place down on the East side of the city.” The blond visibly perked at the news, but then quickly turned a baffled look at Yejin who didn't turn her gaze away from Xiumin. “You ordered the room,” she continued on. “VIP, of course, and half past one Poseidon arrived and you handed over the gun with a long spiel of thanks for saving your life. I was outside the door where Poseidon told me to stand,” she explained.

“You've been inside my clubs before?” Luhan questioned. Then realization hit him and he whirled on Xiumin and asked, “Poseidon saved your life?”

“Many times,” Yejin nodded.

“The Block B shake down didn't go as smoothly as it should have,” Xiumin replied.

Shaking his head in disbelief Luhan leaned back in his chair with wide eyes as he scoffed out a breath. “Well , and here I thought we were strangers,” he mumbled.

“We are,” Xiumin stated.

“Wrong again. We've met before,” Yejin corrected with a frustrated huff.

“Oh I want to hear this story,” Luhan sang as he sat up.

“I don't have time for stories,” Yejin snapped. Her hands landed hard on the table causing the gun to rattle a top of it. Luhan's gaze widened more as he closed his mouth and looked to Xiumin to control the scenario. “I need to know if you're going to recognize the debt you owe or not,” she shot at Xiumin with a raised voice.

“The debt was between Poseidon's blood and mine. The colt was just a sign of my word not some contract symbol,” Xiumin replied calmly. “So unless you have Poseidon's blood in you then that debt is null and void with his passing.”

“You know about that too?” Luhan asked.

“Word travels fast when a king like that falls,” he nodded.

“Luhan I need you to leave,” Yejin suddenly said. She tore her gaze away from the underworld's tactical professional and security mastermind to the blond doe-eyed man that could wrap women and men around his little finger with just a few sweet words.

Luhan looked absolutely insulted. “I'm going nowhere darling. This meeting wouldn't be happening without me,” he retorted.

“And I'm sure GD has paid you for your help. I am also grateful, but you have to leave now,” she said with little kindness in her voice.

“Hell no! Anything you have to tell Xiumin you can tell me,” he argued.

“Luhan, can you step out?” Xiumin requested.

Turning his large gaze to his friend Luhan blurted out, “Excuse me?”

“This will go faster if you just leave. I'll let you know if she says anything interesting,” Xiumin bargained.

His gaze flickered between the other two at the table as he drew in a sharp breath. After his exhale he stood knocking his chair out of his way with a clatter. “You damn well better, I lost ten girls because of her,” he fumed.

Then he stormed out of the small room slamming the door closed behind him.

The atmosphere grew even more tense with Luhan's exit and their gazes locked together once more. Yejin shifted forward in her chair as the prospect of moving onto the main reason she had been brought there hung in the air. Xiumin hadn't moved an inch since he sat down, hands still folded together on top of the table.

“So what do you have to say only to my face?” he inquired. A vague interest showed itself in his tone.

“I will only say it if you swear to never repeat in until after our deal is done,” she uttered in complete seriousness.

“That means you think I will be taking this deal,” he commented.

“No, it's not a thought. I know you will,” she spoke so matter-of-fact.

Yejin could see him gauging her words and expression looking for some hint that she was trying to screw him over, but she didn't have time for games.

“Fine, I swear not to speak of it until our deal is done,” Xiumin said.

Reaching across the chair beside her where her bag sat Yejin ped the main pocket and dug to the bottom looking for something. After about ten seconds of pushing clothes aside she found what she was looking for and passed it to Xiumin. It was a folded and yellowed piece of paper that had scared Yejin for years before Suho had taken the number one spot on her fear list. Xiumin didn't hesitate as he picked it up, unfolded it and read it. Yejin held her breath as she waited for his reaction.

Lowering the paper his eyes zeroed in on her face again looking for something Yejin wasn't sure of.

“Poseidon's biggest secret, and he hid it under everyone's nose. That clever old bastard,” Xiumin muttered.

“Do you understand now?” Yejin asked as she snatched back the birth certificate. Shoving her hand back into the bag she found a side pocket and pulled out a small Bic lighter and flicked it to life.

“You're going to burn it?” Xiumin questioned taken aback.

Catching the corner of the paper on fire she sat it on the far end of the table to burn as she pocketed the lighter. “Welcome to the short list of people who know the truth,” she simply said.

“And how many is that?” he inquired.

“Five alive, one dead, including you,” she answered. “Now can we talk about the deal?” she asked impatiently.

“What do you want done?”

“I need Suho killed, and my life to be protected while we wait for that to happen,” she stated.

Xiumin arched a brow. “Why would we have to wait?”

“Because Suho knows I'm gone, which means he's gone into hiding and the only person who will be able to find him is Zhang Yixing,” she explained.

The paper nothing but ashes at the end of the table and a load off of Yejin's shoulders with the sight.

“Zhang Yixing?” Xiumin questioned surprised to hear that name. “He's currently in jail taking care of a few hits,” he informed.

“I'm aware, and that's why I was sent to you. You wire jobs to Yixing, and he's the only one who can do this job,” she said.

“That would mean breaking him out of jail sooner than I had planned,” Xiumin muttered more to himself than Yejin.

“Suho is going to hire someone to kill me if I don't go back to 3.6.5.,” she commented morosely.

“I think he already has,” Xiumin said.

With a narrowing gaze she said, “Why do you think that?”

“The two women that were found this morning were killed by a professional. He left his usual calling card,” he said.

“Who?” she inquired.

“Dragon.”

Yejin dropped her head into her hands with a noise that was a cross between a groan and a whimper. Suho just had to immediately pull out the big guns – literally. Dragging her hands down her face she looked back over at Xiumin who appeared to be deep in thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter