Chapter 26:

I Am My Father's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first weekend in June, a little more than two weeks away, Suho had made arrangements to hold a meeting to form an alliance against the Circle. Yejin was certain it was because she had gained the help of the Circle and Minseok before Suho had the chance, and from the way GD explained his encounter with Sehun it was looking like the arrogant was getting desperate to hold onto his wrongly claimed throne. As she listened to GD describe what Sehun had passed along as persuasion to coax him to the meeting she tried to fit a plan together to put this information to use. Her hand clenching the one she held as she felt herself get closer to a game plan, but then her grip loosened again when she remembered she still had to wait for Yixing's break out to be successful and to run the plan by him first.

Yejin was so lost in her head that she didn't hear GD calling to her until he tapped her forehead to get her attention. Blinking out of her daze she focused her gaze on him. “Hm? Sorry I was just thinking,” she uttered.

GD chuckled as he lowered his hand to the back of the couch. “It's fine. I know you don't have all night but I thought you'd like to say hi to T.O.P before you go.” He gestured to a tall man across the room with ice blue hair and a warm smile.

Her expression brightened at the familiar man, her second favorite member of the BB Loans hierarchy. “Oppa!” she called as she stood from the couch, releasing the hand as she went.

She had just skirted around the velvet couch about to dash across the room to T.O.P when she heard GD speak again, but not to her. “You stay and sit. We have more to talk about.”

As she made her way to the corner where T.O.P was Yejin glanced over her shoulder to see GD holding Minseok's wrist and yanking him back down to the couch. Part of her wanted to go back to them and mediate that talk but the other part, the part that needed Tao's hand patting her back and having empathetic tears rolling down his face, wanted nothing more than to grab T.O.P's arm and flee the room like a bomb was about to go off. She did neither, she knew better.

“Little Jinjin,” T.O.P greeted with his toothy grin.

“Oppa, how have you been?” she asked as casually as she could. After all she had missed him and did actually want to know.

Petting her head like she was a well behaved puppy he said, “Things could be better.”

“You're telling me.”

“Wha–, but Pos–,” Yejin fought to say.

“Enough, I have told you before this meeting is important,” Poseidon cut in curtly. Yejin pursed her lips and puffed out her cheeks as she slumped down the back seat of the town car that was taking her to the restaurant. “Have Zitao join you or something. I have to go. Goodnight Yejin.”

Poseidon didn't wait for her response as he hung up, too irked by his daughter's whiny attitude. Yejin knew she was being unreasonable, but so was Poseidon especially when he had promised her this dinner a month in advance. They didn't share many meals together and when they did it was always a special night where Yejin got spoiled by her father and she had the chance to actually talk to him like a parent instead of an acquaintance.

When she arrived at the four star Japanese restaurant she tipped her driver and went inside. The maitre d gave the girl a strange look as she requested her table, like sixteen year-olds weren't allowed to frequent the place alone.

“Reservation for Kwon,” she repeated herself when the man just stared at her.

Nodding he stepped out from behind his podium and lead her to the private tables in the back. He did his best to brush off his carelessness to how busy the place was, which it was. As they walked the floor Yejin saw no tables open not even the one the maitre d stopped next to with a smile and gestured for her to sit.

“Your date sir,” he said to the man sipping at a glass wine.

Lowering his glass the man said, “What date? I'm here alone.”

“As am I,” Yejin added.

The maitre d glanced between the two with a frantic look on his face, and from the way he asked the both of them to wait and scurried away told Yejin he must have been newly appointed the position. You never leave your mistakes alone in the business world, she knew that well.

Sighing heavily Yejin took the seat across from the man and sat down without a word. It was her table after all, she had called it in a month and a half ago and there was no way she was giving it up just because some guy screwed up his job. She lifted the menu up as the man across from her stared at her with sharp eyes that she ignored to survey her choices for dinner.

“What do you think you're doing at my table?” the man suddenly questioned. Normally in such a situation one would sound upset or exasperated, but the tone of voice he had sounded mildly amused to Yejin's ears. Bringing down the large leather menu so she could see him, the girl merely eyed the man silently. He quirked an eyebrow in return to her look.

Yejin studied his face as they quietly sat there eyeing one another. He had a beautiful mouth, lips not too thin nor overly full that curled up at the corner as he smirked at her like a clever Cheshire cat. His nose thin and straight, smooth jaw, well shaped eyebrows and eyes that, too, reminded her of a mischievous feline. Then there was his hair, bleached so fine that the tousled gelled strands looked white, but the color didn't make him look like an old man like it should have, instead Yejin thought he looked even younger with the extravagant style. Over all he was handsome with good taste, and he was clearly much older than Yejin who had taken a liking to the way his eyes danced over her face like he was doing the same thing she was doing.

After several minutes of staring and silence Yejin finally spoke. “That's funny, because this is my table, so I should be asking you that question.” A smug grin tugging at her lips as she watched his eyes narrow at her. “So what are you doing at my table Mr. –”

“Kwon,” he finished for her.

Leaning back in her chair she said, “Ah, so that's how they screwed up.”

“How what Miss –”

“Kwon.”

“Ah,” he nodded in agreement and understanding.

Folding her arms and crossing her legs – though he couldn't see that – Yejin stared into the man's eyes where mirth and fire flickered in their brown depths. “Now why are you at my table Mr. Kwon?” she inquired.

“Because this is my table Miss Kwon,” he stated nonchalantly.

“You are incorrect. This is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter