five; ♫

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•♫•
CHAPTER FIVE

 

“Hey Mingyu-“ Wonwoo taps Mingyu’s back, surprising the younger for possibly the nth time.

 

After his little ‘freak out’ session, the taller sighed and scratched his head. If Mingyu had a large piece of steak each time Wonwoo kept approaching him, he’d be loaded with piles of steak (And be also very hungry). “Holy , you again? What now-“

 

In front of him, were at least three sheets of paper in Wonwoo’s pale hand. Mingyu takes a closer look and notices it’s the music for ‘Loser’ and he widens his eyes.

 

“You went through all of this trouble to make a drum score for me?” Mingyu asks with with a surprised look on his face and Wonwoo replies with a shake of his head.

 

“I was going to… But then again, the drums isn’t my forte… Obviously. So, I asked Jihoon to make it for me.”

 

“Why Jihoon?”

 

“Jihoon knows how to play the drums,of course.”

 

“Ah okay- WAIT, DOES HE?! NO WAY!” Mingyu’s eyes widen, his jaw almost dropping to the floor. On the other hand, Wonwoo reacted with a sigh and shook his head in disappointment.

 

“I told you… He knows how to play a lot of instruments…” Again, Wonwoo inhaled deeply and exhaled, noticing how Mingyu changes his emotions a lot — From being really pissed to oddly nice in a click of a finger… It was weird and confusing.

 

Mingyu finally clears his throat and takes a look at the time, turning around to Wonwoo. “It’s getting late — Are you going home by yourself?” Wonwoo nods, “I’ll walk with you. You know, you’ve been staying back after school an awful lot…”

 

Wonwoo suddenly gasps and covers his mouth with his hands, reacting dramatically. “What?! I didn’t even realise!” Wonwoo then stands with one hand on his hip and the other scratching his head as he looks down at the floor, “It’s not like a certain Kim Mingyu tells me to talk to him after school because he doesn’t want people to see the two of us talking!” Finally, Wonwoo stares at Mingyu like ‘You see what I mean?’

 

“You sarcastic piece of .” He scoffs.

 

“See, you’re taunting me because you can’t accept the truth — You do that a lot you know.”

 

“Well I’m glad you’re paying attention to me. I’m a pretty hot item.”

 

“Ah, please…” Wonwoo rolls his eyes. “But I have to reject your offer. I think I’ll be fine… I’m going to go get some groceries anyway, so I’ll be good.”

 

Mingyu hums. “Okay, don’t get home late princess.”

 

“I will, so I can avoid texting your ugly self tonight.”

 

“I think you mean ‘hot’.”

 

“No,” The older’s eyes shift up and down at Mingyu, “I definitely mean ugly.”

 

“Don’t get me started-“ And before Mingyu does ‘start’ (‘Whatever that means,’ Wonwoo thinks) Wonwoo pats Mingyu’s head with a light giggle before he puts the sheet music in Mingyu’s hands. He then turns around and walks away, leaving Mingyu in a mix of shock and confusion.

 

Meanwhile Wonwoo, who was walking in a sway — With his right foot stepping on the floor twice, then his left foot twice, repeated in that pattern — And humming a song, most likely to be a drama OSTs, had no thought over the simple gesture and kept on going with his day.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Minding his own business, Wonwoo looks through the isles like one does, checking whether the Coca Cola was on sale (Which thankfully, it was) and choosing the cheapest fish bread he could buy. While choosing however, he recalls himself when he patted Mingyu’s head out of pure instinct.

 

His eyes turn thin and starts to think why he keeps doing that whenever he sees Mingyu. And it was just to Mingyu, only Kim Mingyu.

 

Throughout his whole journey in the supermarket in fact, that was all that was on his mind — Delving deeper into the actual reason why he did it.

 

“Sir?” The grocery lady stutters, looking at the blank male staring at the milk at the checkout, wondering if she should call a doctor or security. “Your, uh, change…”

 

She then gently pokes his arm and Wonwoo wakes up from his deep thinking, his low voice almost scaring the young lady.

 

“Oh!” He starts to blush in embarrassment, “Thank you…” Nervously, he smiles and takes the change before he grabs the plastic bags. “Have a nice evening…” He bows and leaves, stopping to take in the air after he exits then mumbling, “Well that was humiliating…”

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Later on, once he’s home and has a shower, he gets back to studying at his desk.

 

He decided to re-read one of his favourite books to get his mind off things. That didn’t help.

 

For some odd reason, his mind still couldn’t let go the fact that he keeps patting Mingyu’s head. ‘What’s going on with me today…’ Wonwoo thinks, looking at the book which the words have gone blurry to him, even though he was wearing his glasses.

 

Then suddenly, his arm automatically lifts up over his head and drops, moving it around a bit to mess with his damp hair.

 

He feels nothing. Just his wet and cold hair meeting his hand. Wonwoo puts down his hand from his head — Just in case that Jiwoo comes in and starts thinking of dodgy things…

 

Closing his book, he clenches his fist and places his chin on top of it, humming in a low tone before he tries to think harder.

 

He tries, but he knows he isn’t going anywhere. It only ends up with him making a really odd kissy-face and his arm starting to hurt from supporting his chin.

 

Ergo, he goes downstairs so Jiwoo wouldn’t have to yell at him late at night to eat some leftover pizza because Wonwoo is too lazy to listen to his sister’s whining for more pizza.

 

“Wonwoo,” Jiwoo says once they’re sat at the dinner table, “This pizza is cold!”

 

“Then heat it. It isn’t rocket science.”

 

Jiwoo starts making lots of hushed noises (“SSSSHHHH CHILD”) and crosses her arms like, “It totally is rocket science!”

 

“Just get you lazy off the chair and walk to the microwave.”

 

“Argh, whatever. Meanie!” She pouts and gets up from her chair.

 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah… Just keep calling me that.” Wonwoo sticks his tongue out and takes a bite of his pizza.

 

He watches Jiwoo using the microwave and corrects her when she does something wrong , where she then screeches, “WONWOO PLEASE I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING-“

 

“No you don’t-“

 

“SHUT UP I’M TRYING TO BE RIGHT FOR ONCE OKAY!!!”

 

Wonwoo laughs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter