four;♩♫

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•♩♫•
CHAPTER FOUR

 

"Hey Min-"

"Mingyu can we talk-"

'princess: helloooooooo...?'

"I-"

"... Listen-"

'princess: i know you hate me but at least lemme say sorry.'

"Mingyu-"

"Yah, Kim Mingyu...!"

'princess: idiot... im trying to apologise...'

'princess: holy you're being a child.'

'princess: stop leaving me on seen'

"Mingyu I'm sorr-"

'princess: you're so problematic Kim Mingyu...'

'10:10: idk what happened but Wonwoo says sorry???'

'[you have 177 messages from princess]'

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

“Hey you didn’t respond to my text man.” Soonyoung points out, placing a hand on Mingyu’s shoulder.

 

Mingyu continues to twirl his drumsticks with his long fingers, ignoring the fact that Jeon Wonwoo and Kwon Soonyoung exist in the world.

 

Again, Soonyoung speaks. “Mingyu, you know this is a verbal conversation, right? So that means, if I talk, you respond.”

 

“Hm, it’s called free will Soonyoung.”

 

They exit the school and walk their way over to the long bridge while Soonyoung is still trying to sneak his way into asking Mingyu what was wrong. They stopped and threw their hands over the bar of the bridge, the cars nosily passing by them as they look over the view of the river and sun falling down.

 

“Whatever. At least you’re talking now — You haven’t even said a word during band practice… Dude, tell me what’s up.”

 

Mingyu remained mum and still pretended that Kwon Soonyoung still doesn’t exist.

 

“Seriously, is it Wonwoo?” Soonyoung asks, “You always make that face the you get into an argument with him… And the silent treatment is something new for you too.”

 

Hold up — Now Soonyoung can tell if Mingyu had a fight with Wonwoo? Even more so, Mingyu even has a face when he’s mad at Wonwoo? Damn.

 

“Nothing happened.”

 

“Liar. You lie easily, and you’re a bad one too. Remember that one time when I asked who used my underwear and there was this stain on it-“

 

“Too far, Soonyoung.” Mingyu says, rolling his eyes and bowing his head to look at his shoes.

 

“Oops, I’m going off topic.” He said, “But still, what’s wrong?” He kept poking Mingyu’s arm, then elbow, then the back of his head. Weird fact, but Mingyu hates when people do that — It felt odd to him.

 

“… I’ll tell you next time.”

 

“To you, there’s no ’next time’.”

 

And Soonyoung was right, Mingyu hated the fact that Soonyoung knows him so well, it was a bit scary. Instead, Mingyu starts walking again, making Soonyoung pick up his bag and run to the taller while yelling ‘Wait up man!’

 

Once Soonyoung finally caught up to Mingyu, this time, his face had changed. It changed from concerned to annoyed.

 

“I can’t help you if you don’t tell me what’s wrong.”

 

“We just had an argument okay?” Mingyu snaps back, then mumbles, “Not my fault that he doesn’t listen…”

 

“And this was…?”

 

“Four days ago.” Mingyu scratches his head, breaking eye contact from Soonyoung as he continues to walk further.

 

“Jesus, and you’re not letting it go? What a child…”

 

And Soonyoung remains quiet for the rest of the journey, making Mingyu feel like he’s at fault for all of this. But he had too much pride to admit it was his fault.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Wonwoo was getting tired of it. He was tired of Mingyu acting problematic and difficult. A whole two weeks passed and yet Mingyu is still being a Drama Queen. He tried everything, even going to the extent to ask one of Mingyu's friends to say sorry for him.

 

Wonwoo still hated Mingyu, but Wonwoo is a forgiving person, and can't let go if something he did affected another.

 

He sat in his room, looking at his phone. “Should I try again…?” But instead, he throws it to his bed and shakes his head, looking back down at his book. “If he wants to act immature, then let him act immature… That bastard is cocky for nothing…”

 

Once he starts reading again, his eyes keep shifting to the bed where his phone was thrown at, while the Devil and Angel in his head were tempting him to either say something or just leave Mingyu alone.

 

But if Wonwoo left Mingyu alone, they would get nothing done and have to face the consequence. However, if Wonwoo kept trying, Mingyu would ignore him, or even worse, people might start thinking things.

 

He gets up from his chair and walks to the bed, still staring at the phone. Instantly, he turned from zero to one hundred fast — Suddenly picking up his pillow and whacking it on his phone as he started to yell, “GOD! DAMN! IT! KIM! MIN! GYU!”

 

“Hey Wonu’, uncle says it’s time to eat-“ Jiwoo suddenly enters the room and sees Wonwoo being frustrated and they both freeze for a moment, not making any sound.

 

“…”

 

“……”

 

“…”

 

“…… Boy problems?”

 

“YAH JEON JIWOO I WILL HIT YOUR HEAD WITH THIS PILLOW TOO IF YOU CARRY ON-“

 

“Okay Oppa GEEZ I WAS JUST SAYING WE’RE HAVING RAMEN TONIGHT MAN-” She then walks away, closing the door and sighing as she rolls her eyes “Someone’s ually frustrated-“

 

“I HEARD THAT JIWOO.”

 

Ergo, one day after school, he went out to seek for Soonyoung after one of his classes.

 

While Soonyoung was walking, a pair of hands grab him into the boy’s bathroom and Soonyoung literally shrieks.

 

“God, you’re so loud...!” Wonwoo says in a harsh and hushed voice, walking to the sink and leaning on the edge. He crosses his arms and sighs.

 

“Eh? Wonwoo? Why did you pull me here?” Soonyoung gasps and his eyes look hopeful, “Are you going to confess your love to me like in those dramas-“

 

“N... No Soonyoung-“ Wonwoo looks at him confused while mouthing ‘What?’, he knew Soonyoung was weird, but not this weird. Getting back to what he wanted to talk about in the first place, Wonwoo looked back at Soonyoung, “Is Mingyu free after school?”

 

“Why? Are you confessing your love to him then?!” Soonyoung gets excited for a moment — Not because he’s happy that his best friend has an admirer, but the fact that he’s going to get two SHINee albums from his said best friend.

 

“Ew no — Why would I ever…” Wonwoo frowns. Soonyoung is one of a kind. "So is he or is he not?”

 

“Wait let me think…” Soonyoung puts a finger on his chin, starting to think. In Wonwoo’s eyes, he looked like the thinking guy emoji — But right now that was out of topic. “Ah! No, he isn’t. He got a detention.”

 

“Dammit, for what?”

 

“He stole a student’s chair during history class and when the student went to sit down, he fell and Mingyu bursted into laughing… Yeah, something Kim Mingyu would do, right?”

 

“Sure does…”

 

“Speaking of which,” The curious Soonyoung speaks up, still desiring for an answer that Mingyu left unanswered, “What happened between you two? Mingyu seems really mad.”

 

“I yelled at him.”

 

“Isn’t that a bit natural for you two though?”

 

“That’s what I’m saying… But he seems really mad at me because of it, and now I feel bad.”

 

“Well all I can do is wish you luck. Even I can’t make him feel better. After all, Mingyu is-“

 

“Problematic.” They say in unison and give a face to each other saying ‘You get what I mean?’

 

“Anyway, thanks Soonyoung… I owe you one.”

 

“Don’t mention it, anyway is Jihoon also free after school?”

 

“Yeah, he spends his time in the practice room doing stuff.”

 

“Okay, thanks man!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter