eleven; ♬♩

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• ♬♩•
CHAPTER ELEVEN

 

‘Make it stop… Please… Make it stop.’

 

Wonwoo can’t describe the feeling, but he feels broken as if he’s casted away like some toy.

 

It’s everywhere he goes. They’re everywhere he goes. The hallway; After school; The bus stop; The garden; Everywhere. Minghao and Mingyu.

 

But he can’t stop it. He’ll just have to watch and up all the pain. Normally, he’s used to keeping his thoughts to himself, but for some reason, he can’t.

 

Why must it happen to him? What did he do? Why do days turn into forever? What happened between Kim Mingyu and Jeon Wonwoo? And even Wonwoo couldn’t answer that question, he’s as clueless as the next person.

 

‘Kim Mingyu… What did I do?’ His mind screams, it’s getting the best of him — He can’t even focus anymore without getting an answer.

 

The problem is: How can he get an answer when Mingyu doesn’t even talk to him?

 

He can’t even talk to Minghao anymore. They’re friends — But he just can’t anymore.

 

Even Soonyoung and Jihoon — The bastards — Did this to him a couple of days ago while they were sat outside enjoying their lunch:

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

“Yah Wonwoo.” SoonYoung pokes Wonwoo’s arm, while his other hand reaches for french fry, putting it in his mouth.

 

Wonwoo looks up, slowly putting down his pen and fixing his scattered papers on the table. He lets out a hum, turning his eyes to Soonyoung, but once they accidentally slip, he sees Minghao and MinGyu sat far away from them, however it was enough to see them from that distance.

 

The taller male gulped and tried his best to focus on Soonyoung. Tried.

 

“Are you okay?” He asks and Soonyoung gives this look to Jihoon. Wonwoo doesn’t have a good feeling about this. Nevertheless, he lets it happen.

 

He notices that both Jihoon and Soonyoung lean closer to him, but Jihoon tilts his head back and sighs. He puts his cheek on the table and frowns.

 

“Huh?” Soonyoung turns to the younger, “What’s wrong Jihoon?”

 

“Nothing…” The youngest says in a bored expression, rolling his eyes. “I’m just trying to remember how a song goes…”

 

“What song?” Wonwoo and Soonyoung say in unison.

 

JiHoon then hums a song, but since the canteen was so loud, they couldn’t hear it properly, so Soonyoung got closer to Jihoon to listen what he was humming to.

 

The older’s eyes then light up happily with his finger pointed in the air. “I got it!”

 

Wonwoo stays silent, but it’s a gesture for Soonyoung to carry on.

 

“I think it goes… ‘We don’t talk anymore’…”

 

“Oh yeah!” Jihoon follows on and says in surprise, following Soonyoung, “‘We don’t talk anymore’.”

 

“‘We don’t talk anymore, like we used to do’…”

 

“‘We don’t laugh anymore’.”

 

“‘What was all of it for?’”

 

“‘Oh, we don’t talk anymore like we used to do’.”

 

They try to hide their reaction from Wonwoo, but the latter thins his eyes and hits the both of them on the head with the pile of papers he was working on.

 

“I hate you two so much.” Wonwoo scoffs, his enthusiasm level falling down. He glances to the side as he tries to pick up his bag.

 

Instead, he made accidental eye contact with Mingyu.

 

Quickly, Wonwoo looked away and put his things in his bag, getting up from the table and making up an excuse to get away from Soonyoung and Jihoon.

 

“Eh? You’re leaving so soon?” Soonyoung pouts, but Jihoon lightly nudges his leg under the table and slightly tilts his head backwards, indicaing that Mingyu sat a few tables away from them. Soonyoung finally understood what the younger met and his mouth was in a slight ‘O’ shape.

 

“Yeah, I have to just help out with something and get to class quickly. See you guys later.”

 

“See ya’!”

 

“You know where we are Wonwoo.” Jihoon waves and Wonwoo walks away.

 

Jihoon and Soonyoung then look at each other, and sigh in unison while Jihoon shakes his head.

 

“You owe me an ice cream now. I told you he was becoming problematic too-“

 

“Shut your yap Soonyoung and stuff your mouth with those fries instead.”

 

And the shorter proceeds to stuff fries into Soonyoung’s mouth.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

hao

hao: WONWOOOO

hao: HOW ARE YOU????

hao: DID YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY MAN

hao: HOPEFULLY YOU DID

hao: BUT IDK

hao: WONWOO?

hao: WOOWON?

hao: EMO??????

hao: LOLOL REMEMBER THAT A LONG TIME AGO? AHAHA

hao: HNGGG WONWOO,,,

hao: DO YOU HATE ME?

hao: IM SORRY!!!

hao: :”(

 

Wonwoo looks at the notification spam on his phone from Minghao and frowns. Sure, it wasn’t Minghao’s fault, but Wonwoo will just start thinking all over again, and that either ends up locking himself in his isolated room or crying for no reason.

 

It’s stupid, but it’s hard.

 

He goes onto his contacts, and presses on Minghao’s contact, his finger hovering the ‘Block this caller’ button. Taking in a deep breath, he blocks the contact. It was for the best.

 

Wonwoo’s aware that Minghao isn’t the type to like others easily, but Wonwoo is slightly letting his anger out on the fact that he and Mingyu haven’t got any time to practice — It’s been ages.

 

If it was put into a percentage, it would be 90% due to the Summer fair and the remaining 10%… To possible jealousy.

 

And Wonwoo doesn’t want to admit that he’s jealous.

 

Soon, he goes to the contact ’narcissist’, and his fingers start to tremble as he looks at the number while the contact picture is of the said ‘narcissist’ pulling an ugly face that Wonwoo luckily got and uses for blackmail whenever he can.

 

Although Wonwoo smiles slightly, he types a simple ‘Hey’ and keeps on thinking that Mingyu wouldn’t reply. After a minute or so — Which felt like a lifetime — Mingyu replies.

 

narcissist 

wonwoo: hey

narcissist: yo

wonwoo: why aren’t you talking to me anymore…? | [deleted]

 

Wonwoo sighs and quickly switches to Mingyu’s contact and instantly blocks it. He shuts off his phone and throws in on his bed, curling into a ball on the floor — Again, it was probably his best option.

 

Even though he did that, he isn’t going to give up there.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Therefore, a few days later, Wonwoo walks through the empty hallways during lunch as everyone was outside enjoying the sunlight, a sign that summer finally came.

 

His footsteps echo as he’s the only one walking. Alone.

 

Not too far from him, he starts to hear quiet voices talking to each other and Wonwoo, being as curious as he is, walks over to the voic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter