ten; ♬

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•♬•
CHAPTER TEN

 

narcissist

wonwoo: hey... can we go to your house next week for practice?

wonwoo: so that we can practice with your drums and everything will be good :-)

wonwoo: hm, gyu???

wonwoo: you're leaving me on seen again... | [deleted]

wonwoo: eh, nevermind...

wonwoo: good night!!!

wonwoo: (ah, i need to sleep... ㅋㅋㅋ)^^

seen

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Wonwoo puts his phone aside on his bedside drawer, along with his glasses, then yawns while rubbing his eyes. He sighs, taking one last look at his phone, and thinks, ‘Maybe he was just about to sleep… It’s kind of late anyway.’

 

Shrugging, he left the thought just like that, falling to sleep in a matter of seconds.

 

What he didn’t know was that Mingyu wasn’t going to sleep.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Morning comes, and it’s like any other day. For Mingyu, he gets up, gets ready and leaves — Simple. As for Wonwoo, he gets up and gets ready just like the younger male, but also has to wake up Jiwoo and make a quick breakfast for her to offer her once he leaves for the day.

 

Before he does all of that, after Wonwoo got changed, he picked up his phone again and texts Mingyu again, asking if they could practice at his house again. Oddly, he’s only treated with a gut-wrenching ’seen’ with no reply.

 

Once more, he moves onto the option of calling Mingyu. Sure, it wasn’t the best choice since this new day and age barely focus on verbal contact, but that was the only remaining choice to get an answer — And Wonwoo needed one, so that he could push any plans he had aside.

 

But never mind, Mingyu doesn’t decide to answer and leads the older straight to voicemail. Just fantastic. Actually, it wasn’t fantastic, but slightly worrying that Mingyu wasn’t answering him, making Wonwoo question if he’s okay or if Wonwoo did anything wrong.

 

So it left him no choice: Asking the younger in public was the last choice to do.

 

He grabbed his bag and slung it around his shoulder, quickly writing a note with a pen that was running out of ink. ‘Sorry, make a sandwich for yourself Jiwoo, take care today!’ the note said, and he stuck it on Jiwoo’s door.

 

Soon, he went downstairs and out of the door, but quickly ran back in to get a packet of chips for him to eat along the way (And also get the extra house key, so that Jiwoo can take the normal one).

 

On his way, his eyes scanned the whole street — With kids chattering, the shops beginning to open for the busy day, students walking with their bikes right next to them, the daily dog walkers at this early time, the joggers obviously making their morning laps, maybe some drunk people after a hectic night and that one couple who did too much PDA.

 

(Gross, I know)

 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo hummed with content and carried on eating his chips and gently bobbing his head while listening to a light-sounding song through his earphone.

 

As he got to school, there was no sign of Mingyu, but that wasn’t a huge deal, Mingyu was never around in the morning, so Wonwoo was used to it.

 

Like always, he approached Jihoon and asked how he was, which he was replied with a shrug. They did what they normally did, managing to walk around the whole school without realising because they were talking too much, discussing about anything that pops in their head, and going to the library to pick up a book Jihoon reserved, which was funny, because Jihoon couldn’t reach the shelf since he was so short.

 

Strangely, there was still no sign of Mingyu. And now Wonwoo was getting concerned. 

 

Luckily, he managed to catch a glimpse of the younger through the hallway during break thanks to Mingyu’s blessed tallness.

 

As quickly as he can, he gets through the students trying to walk around and catches up to Mingyu, who was with his back faced to the older. Wonwoo taps his shoulder blade.

 

He sees Mingyu’s shoulder’s perk up from being a bit surprised, but when he turns around, his eyebrows are furrowed and his lips slightly separate.

 

Although he’s given with a scary reaction, Wonwoo just smiles to lighten up his mood (Hopefully) and asks him what he wanted to ask in the first place.

 

“‘Gyu! Ah… Did you get my text this morning?” Wonwoo asks, but Mingyu remains mum and Wonwoo feels a bit intimidated, “So… Can I go then-“

 

Mingyu says nothing — However actions speak louder than words — And Mingyu’s eyes widened out of nowhere and walks past Wonwoo without saying a word, nudging him harshly on the shoulder.

 

It was like Mingyu was treating Wonwoo like a stranger again. Were they back to square one?

 

Better yet, why were they back to square one?

 

Watching him,Wonwoo looked at Mingyu walk away from him and a frown forms on Wonwoo’s face.

 

Quietly, he whispers his thoughts out loud, “Did I… Do something?”

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

“Soonyoung.”Wonwoo pokes Soonyoung’s hand with the push-button of his pen as they work on a sheet during their literature class.

 

Soonyoung stops writing, and looks up at Wonwoo, tilting his head and bringing out his bottom lip slightly. “Hm, yeah Wonwoo?”

 

“Is…Mingyu okay?”

 

For a second, the older looks at Wonwoo weirdly, but when he tries to recall what the male was asking in the first place, he shrugs with the same confused look on his face.

 

He says, “Now that I think of it, he's been like that for a while... Are you sure you didn't do anything to piss him off?”

 

Wonwoo nods his head, the anxiety painted all over his face as he thinks hardly on what possible things he’s done. But just then, he remembers that he hasn’t talked to Mingyu for a while now. It just doesn't add up. “I don't think I did anything to him... If I did, then I would own up to it…”

 

“Give him some space for now, he’s problematic like that.”

 

“I’ve noticed… But wouldn’t that make things just worse?”

 

“Trust me, I think I know since I’ve been in 90% of his life.”

 

“Touché. Thanks anyway…”

 

“Don’t mention it!”Soonyoung points out his fingers and moves them over to the corners of Wonwoo’s lips, trying to form a smile on his face, “Smile! Don’t look so gloomy right now!” Then Soonyoung smiles, trying to use his best feature (Besides his eyes) to encourage Wonwoo.

 

The plan works as Wonwoo chuckles, moving Soonyoung’s fingers away from the corner of his lips, but keeping on the smile Soonyoung put in the first place.

 

“Anyway, where do you think Jihoonie would be during lunch?”

 

“Uh…”Wonwoo looks up to the ceiling then back at Soonyoung. “The rooftop…?” He says, looking like he’s just eaten a very sour candy, “I think he mentioned something about the rooftop — Just look there.”

 

“Oh okay thanks bro!” The older cheers and goes back to working on his paper while Wonwoo’s smile gradually fades away and he softly taps his pen.

 

“Yeah… Like what you said… Don’t mention it.”

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

He stormed out of class for the nth time, breathing quick breaths and feeling as if his vision is doubling, making it hard for him to walk in a straight line.

 

Although he hears the teacher trying to find him, it was lucky enough he was so far away from his class that he eventually just got away with the sudden action. Besides, it was lunch in a few minutes.

 

Soon, he starts to hit his head as he walks in a fast pace, trying to collect his thoughts together.

 

‘Why do I keep feeling like this?’ Mingyu moves his hand from his head to his chest, attempting to slow down his quick breaths, but why isn’t it working? ‘Why does my stomach feel weird when I see him? Why do I lose sense of focus when he speaks to me? Why do I always end up relating everything back to Wonwoo?’ 

 

A small gasp of air escapes his lips and he shakes his head, gulping down the strange feeling coming up his throat. 

 

‘He’s a violinist, he always answers back to me, he takes his time with almost everything, we taunt each other, he’s stick thin and worst of all... He's a guy!’ His

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter