one;♩

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•♩•
CHAPTER ONE

 

"Mingyu! Are you listening to me?"

 

Soonyoung waved a hand in front of Mingyu's uninterested face while the latter was busy bobbing his head to the music through his headphones, looking out of the window. Outside, was Wonwoo sat next to his small friend under a tree talking quietly as the taller read a book in the shade. 

 

Mingyu growled at sight, taking one last glance at the 'mannered' boy before taking off one earphone and coldly making no eye contact to his friend. Rude, but this is what Mingyu's elder had to live with.

 

"What do you want Soonyoung?" He sighed, twirling the headphone cord with his fingers.

 

"Sorry to ruin your 'admiring' session." Sarcastically, Soonyoung commented, receiving a disgusted look from Mingyu. "Are you going to band practice tonight?"

 

Casually, Mingyu shrugged and shook his head, a firm line formed on his face. He was a.) Tired or b.) Not bothered with being bothered.

 

"But without Kim Mingyu," Soonyoung pouted while placing his clenched fists on his cheeks to make them look squishy, "We won't have a drummer-slash-backup-bassist in the group!" And with being Kwon Soonyoung, he dramatically exaggerates himself, "Dude, without your beautiful looks, we wouldn't have anymore fangirls! Think! Of! The! Fangirls! Man!"

 

"Stop exaggerating." Sighed Mingyu, "It's only for one week, chill."

 

Mingyu started to tap a rhythm with his fingers on the desk and looked back outside the window. Meanwhile, Soonyoung picked up Mingyu's other earphone and placed it in his ear, the sound of loud drums banging and clashing while he mumbles 'Oh. This song again...'

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

"How was the competition last night Wonwoo?" Jihoon asked, staring up at the brightly-lit sky.

 

Wonwoo closed his book and quickly looked at the window before looking back his friend. He had a feeling he was being watched. "It was..." He paused, "Okay... I got first place... Again."

 

Although it was an accomplishment, Wonwoo still frowned. Jihoon could tell that look anywhere: It meant Wonwoo wasn't satisfied. 'He's never satisfied with himself.' Jihoon thinks. "You don't look too happy about it, I thought you liked to play the violin."

 

"Well I do..." Again, he paused. Jihoon had to learn how to wait for the patient-spoken male. This time, he was fixing his uniform and buttoning his collar to the top button. "But... It just gets boring if I keep winning... I've lost a few times in other competitions... But then I just win again..."

 

"You're so confusing Wonwoo." The shorter squinted his eyes. The elder only pushed his lips to the side, shrugging as he pushes up his glasses. Although Jihoon couldn't see him, he could tell he was doing that.

 

Wonwoo went back to reading his book and Jihoon went back to staring at the sky, making small talk about concerts, recitals and recent events. Wonwoo wasn't much of a talker, and Jihoon wasn't of a listener either — Ergo the two put together was a good combination.

 

The bell finally started to chime, and Wonwoo — Who was now resting peacefully with his book still held in his long fingertips — Was woken up by Jihoon's fingers tugging on the older's pant leg, and once Wonwoo woke up, they both head to their homeroom. Still, Wonwoo had that feeling he was being watched, but unsure by who was watching him.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

The two entered the room, and Wonwoo's mood instantly turned from 'okay' into '' (Which, if you ask Jihoon, was the only two emotions you could ever detect on Wonwoo's face).

 

Without making eye contact, Wonwoo got to his seat with Jihoon. It was on the other side of the room near the back, where the air conditioner would make contact with their skin — Despite Wonwoo's fingers and hands classed as always being 'cold' — Jihoon followed the older like a baby duck and sat at the seat right behind him.

 

"Soonyoung, turn around." Mingyu demanded, stretching his neck as he s one button of his uniform, a bead of sweat forming on his face from the sunlight shining down on him.

 

"Just be glad I can deal with you... Bossy kid..." Soonyoung inaudibly mumbles again, sitting in the seat in front of Mingyu. What he doesn't know, is Mingyu actually heard a glimpse of what he said — And his eyes widened at the words. He wanted to say sorry, but he stopped himself.

 

Instead, he started drumming his fingers on the edge of his dented table and started to whistle loudly among the chattering class talking about some school festival that's happening.

 

In contrast, Wonwoo was already busy writing things in his textbook, tapping each foot under the table and keeping track of the time each time. He didn't mind the fact his class was loud, but if something or someone was distracting him — It would take time for him to get annoyed.

 

"What are you writing?" Asked Jihoon, tapping on Wonwoo's back.

 

The older stood mum for a while, continuing to write until he stopped tapping his feet and replied with, "Shopping list... For later on..." His quiet voice spoke.

 

In an instant, Wonwoo's eyes shifted to the side and clenched his teeth. He smiled, but it wasn't a good smile. "Wonwoo what's wrong-" Jihoon asked before Wonwoo got up of his seat and walked all the way from one side to the other, sighing at how annoyed he was.

 

Although Wonwoo was a patient person; Although it took time for Wonwoo to get annoyed; Although the class w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter