Chapter 77: Not the Only One

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ahh, at last, my beautiful heir has truly joined us. I’ve been waiting for this moment, I can already sense your power. It truly is incredible. Just like your father, you have so much potential.” Elder Cosmic smiled.

“Flattery won’t get you anywhere. Stop the ritual otherwise we’ll stop it for you.” Taeyeon warned.

“The ritual is almost complete, child. I have no intention of stopping now, however…” Elder Cosmic slowly raised her hand towards Taeyeon. No one knew what she was planning, but with a single movement alone, the entire team of heroes had already formed their battle stances. “Oh dear, did I frighten you? I do apologize. I forget how much fear I unleash on to the hearts of my enemies.” Elder Cosmic laughed. “But you needn’t worry, my dear. I am merely offering my hand to you.” Elder Cosmic smiled.

“What? I don’t understand?” Taeyeon questioned.

“Well, it’s very simple really. You are indeed strong, but you and your friends will die tonight if you decide to oppose me. There is no question about that, my dear. However, this is me giving you the chance of a new beginning, to join me and rule an entire world of mages. Think carefully, my child, the power I have alone already strikes fear into your soul but imagine what our power would do together! No one would dare oppose us, no one would even think to look towards our direction without begging for mercy. Together we could become legend, together we could be divine!!” Elder Cosmic yelled.

“You must be insane, in order for you to create an entire world of mages you would need your wish to be successfully granted. Given the fact that Mage 01 clearly betrayed you, you have no one left to sacrifice but me. Your peace offering is incredibly flawed, old lady.” Taeyeon scoffed.

“Flawed? Think again. The wish will be granted at the sacrifice of a loyal servant or heir, look around you. Those weaklings who cling to your strength are just waiting to be sacrificed before the divinity. Like I said before, if you chose to start this war, all your friends will perish. If you decide to rule by my side, only one life will taken this night, the rest of your friends will be spared. Hurry and sacrifice one of your pathetic friends so you can take your rightful place beside me, KIM TAEYEON!!” Elder Cosmic yelled. Taeyeon turned towards her friends and could tell that none of them were nervous. Taeyeon wouldn’t betray them, in fact, she would put her own life up for offer just to save them all. “Sorry, but this war started long ago. When you sent King to kill my father. That was the night you sealed your doom and I’m finally here to end it all.” Taeyeon smiled. Anger boiled beneath Elder Cosmic’s wrinkled skin. She truly wanted Taeyeon to join her side, after all, she was the only Kim left to continue her legacy, but just like her stubborn father, she refused the position. “So be it. Ladies, that’s enough magical essence, destroy these girls. Reaper, finish the ritual and hurry up, wouldn’t want Taeyeon dead before the divinity shows up now, would we?” Elder Cosmic laughed. Suzy, Hyeri, Irene, Wendy and Seulgi all ceased feeding the lamp with their magical energy and were slowly stumbling their way towards the heroes. Each step they took was as if they had forgotten how to walk, they even stepped back a few times because of the lack of balance. “Geez, what’s wrong with them? They’re like zombies.” Yoona questioned.

“Yeah, I don’t understand. If Mage 01 can’t use his abilities within that dome, why are they still in a trance?” Tiffany questioned.

“I think they’ve been this way so long they’ve forgotten who they truly are. Their minds are clouded, susceptible to being controlled and manipulated by Elder Cosmic.” Taeyeon explained.

“Suzy never had much in her brain, to begin with.” Yoona laughed.

“This isn’t the time for jokes Yoong.” Seohyun scolded.

“I trust you girls can handle them, right?” Taeyeon asked Yoona and Seohyun.

“Of course, this will be fun,” Yoona stated while cracking her knuckles excitedly.
“Ahem, you do realize we can’t hurt them, Yoong.” Seohyun sighed.

“I won’t hurt Irene, Wendy and Seulgi. No promises for the other two though.” And before Seohyun could confirm whether her sister was merely joking, Yoona had already zoomed off towards the stumbling herd of zombie-like girls.

“I swear this girl never takes anything seriously.” Seohyun followed Yoona’s lead.

“What about us TaeTae? What’s the plan?”

“We stop Reaper from finishing the ritual, that’s top priority. We’ll deal with Elder Cosmic last.” Taeyeon summoned her blazing orange wings and flew directly towards the traitor, Reaper. Taeyeon easily slipped passed Elder Cosmic, her speed was much too great for Elder Cosmic to stop. Her sights were clear and in an instant, a glowing orange arrow with a sharpened emerald green tip was already flying towards Reaper. Taeyeon had no intentions to kill him, merely to injure and disrupt his focus from the magic lamp. The arrow was inches away from Reaper’s arm when a shiny orange rune appeared between him and the arrow’s course. “What the?” Taeyeon gasped.

“You honestly thought it would be that easy? I find your naivety extremely rude!” Elder Cosmic shouted with a furious tone.

“How… how did you summon that rune in the air?” Taeyeon questioned.
“Oh come on, Taeyeon. I thought the answer would be obvious, can’t be the strongest mage without the strongest artifacts now, can you?”

“King wands…”

“Precisely, now stay away from Reaper. He’s busy at the moment, instead, why not fight me?” Elder smiled.

“With pleasure.” It was obvious that Taeyoen and Tiffany had no choice. While Elder Cosmic was protecting Reaper, they wouldn't be able to lay a finger on him. Tiffany held her arms against her chest and summoned a colony of bright pink bats towards Elder Cosmic. The screeches that emanated from the bats was already frightening, but in combination with their unpredictable flying patterns they seemed to be a living nightmare. Tiffany used the abundance of bats to her advantage by running within the colony. The streams of pink made it impossible to locate her within the colony as her outfit camouflage with the flapping pink wings. “Impressive, to create such flawless conjures of living creatures is truly remarkable. You should be very proud, but it’s not quite enough.” Elder Cosmic summoned another orange rune, however, this one continuously sparked and crackled as orange flares of energy burst off the rune’s symbols. With her wand, she threw the rune straight into the center of the oncoming bat colony. Electrical bursts could be heard coming from the center of the colony and the bats were being vaporized in the masses. “Oh, .” The orange sparks were now closing in on Tiffany, she summoned a pink staff and fended off the stray streaks of energy. She had successfully defended herself against the orange burst of electricity and was now within the perfect striking distance of Elder Cosmic. From hindsight, the matchup between Tiffany and Elder Cosmic on a physical level would clearly give Tiffany the upper hand. She was stronger, faster and quicker to react than Elder Cosmic, but this wasn’t just a physical matchup. Elder Cosmic stood perfectly still, waiting for Tiffany to begin her strike. “YAAAH. Hiyah, yah, hiiyah.” Tiffany continued to land blows against Elder Cosmic, but her runes were appearing seconds before each strike. She swung the staff towards her wrinkled face, but a rune blocked the path. This time her neck, but another rune guarded her once again and then her stomach and just like the other strikes a rune appeared to repel the bright pink staff. “Is this all you can do? Honestly, I’m disappointed.” Swoosh~ Bzzzt! Another one of Taeyeon's arrows was stopped once more, this time by a pink rune. Taeyeon believed she had found a blind spot for the old hag, but Elder Cosmic merely looked at her with disgust. “Really? An arrow towards my back? How rude!! Did you forget I have two wands!!” Taeyeon and Tiffany were combining their efforts. Multiple arrows and staff strikes were making their way towards her, but she seemed to be ahead by a split second every sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter